Rotors

Trusty

if rotors warp, is it possible to just get the replacement disc and the problem is solved? referring to 2piece rotors

is there a possibility that pads will warp too? need to change together?

↡ Advertisement

if rotors warp, is it possible to just get the replacement disc and the problem is solved? referring to 2piece rotors

Rotors replacement only solve warp rotors. You should consider changing brake fluid too.

Brake pads dont warp,they fade if overheat

which means there is no need to change the whole rotors? thats just good... [laugh]

What he meant was change out the warped rotors and replace with new rotors. Changing of rotors does not mean you got to change your brake pads as well. If when your need to change rotors and your brake pads are worn out, you change your brake pads as well. But if your brake pads are still working fine when you are changing your rotors, then there is no need to change the brake pads.

apparently rotors need to be bedded in as well. so when u change rotors, it's like changing a new brake pad, the braking force will not be optimal for the first dunno how many KM. just take note. just like tires, need to be scrubbed in for few hundred km before they have optimal grips

so there is no quick and fast way to solve warp rotors other than getting a new set.

why doesnt pads warp or why is it only the rotors warp?

Supercharged

Changing of rotors does not mean you got to change your brake pads as well.

Rotor installation instructions will usually advise change to new pads together with new rotors.

so there is no quick and fast way to solve warp rotors other than getting a new set.

skim it n save $$. some will say it don last but mine used for 1 1/2 yr wif no problem. bottom line....don go for petrol kiosk car wash when e hot rotor may cool too rapidly tat may cause it 2 warp.

i ve not been to car wash ever since i skimmed my rotor. FYI, new rotor will also warp if cool down too rapidly.

Rotor installation instructions will usually advise change to new pads together with new rotors.

Thanks for your sharing. I learnt something new today.

It is recommended to change both rotor and pad together..

when your current rotor warp, the pad will also become uneven.. thus when you put in the new rotor, it will not wear off evenly ...

so when you have uneven surface, your braking distance deteriorate..

comparing the cost of a pair of pad vs your life, which is the option?

which one have a larger surface?

It is recommended to change both rotor and pad together..

when your current rotor warp, the pad will also become uneven.. thus when you put in the new rotor, it will not wear off evenly ...

so when you have uneven surface, your braking distance deteriorate..

comparing the cost of a pair of pad vs your life, which is the option?

i was too thinking this way.. that the pads may also be uneven so eventually causing rotors to warp again

when it skimmed for far too many times, it defeat the purpose already. rotors become less grippy and besides no guarantees that they wont warp again

skim it n save $$. some will say it don last but mine used for 1 1/2 yr wif no problem. bottom line....don go for petrol kiosk car wash when e hot rotor may cool too rapidly tat may cause it 2 warp.

i ve not been to car wash ever since i skimmed my rotor. FYI, new rotor will also warp if cool down too rapidly.

eh, actually a new set of OEM or original rotor is usually not that expensive. I don't really see the need to do skimming..

btw, how much does it cost to skim a pair?

oem rotors cost more than or usually same as aftermarkets. anyway skimming should work ard $70/pair

really depends on where you are looking.. I was quoted only $40 for a pair of OEM for my cold brand car whom people already say the parts are expensive and hard to find..

The original is going for $120 and some of the after market ones can go up to a k...

ur lucky since ur parts come cheap.

depends on where you are looking..

what car are you having that the parts are more obscured than mine?

↡ Advertisement