Malaysia: Road Trip to Desaru.....

Ticklish8

Both my kids spend a lot of time at the Theme Park at Lotus Desaru....

Should have book the 3 room suite... I tot the 2 room suite look a bit crampy compare with the 1 room suite...

post-31960-1262314281_thumb.jpg

post-31960-1262314373_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Telok Sengat is much much cheaper than Sungei Rengit.... most of the car there is msian... see only 1 or 2 other Singapore car...

Eat Satay, seafood and their ABC (Msian version of Ice kacang only RM2 come with Ice cream topping... unfortunately didnt take the picture)

post-31960-1262314874_thumb.jpg

post-31960-1262314944_thumb.jpg

I too have returned. Went on 28 and back on 29.

Did not see the "theme park" but the girls just wanted the beach only.

Beach facilities are good. Many beach shower points.

The room. I took the 2 bedroom. It is OK.

I think the resort should qualify as serviced apartments. Not bad and the standard is quite high. The construction of the interior especially the bathroom is very "HDB".

Once the highway is up, I would say this the place to go to. Better than the chalets in East Coast Park or Pasir Ris for the price. The tourists can take Sentosa for all I care.

Haha! Same same! We missed the theme park completely and only stayed at the beach. Guess what, few days ago I brought my kids to Pasir Ris Park again. This time they said "how come the beach is so dirty!?"

I agree on the part that it is more serviced apartment....

Talk to the management.... They didnt expect the surge on Christmas holiday. I think the housekeeping pple was overwhelmed.

Come on Monday, left last Thursday.

I think the resort should qualify as serviced apartments. Not bad and the standard is quite high. The construction of the interior especially the bathroom is very "HDB".

Once the highway is up, I would say this the place to go to. Better than the chalets in East Coast Park or Pasir Ris for the price. The tourists can take Sentosa for all I care.

Dead fish huh?

Haha! Same same! We missed the theme park completely and only stayed at the beach. Guess what, few days ago I brought my kids to Pasir Ris Park again. This time they said "how come the beach is so dirty!?"

I will return to in during CNY time. Booked a few 2-bed room suites for the whole group. But I am wondering if the 2-bed room unit also double storey? Forgot to check it when I was there. I only stay in the one bed room on last time. thanks.

Yesterday just came back from Lotus Desaru.

The water theme park is fully done, the "lazy river" is fun.

Room is clean and windly. [thumbsup]

2 bed rooms is RM322 net.

hi... may i know how u guys drove to desaru? did you use the new highway? the link below indicates its partially open and stops just 27km from desaru...

many thanks

E22 now open

E22 NOW OPEN

news_24082009.jpgAs part of Iskandar Malaysia, the E22 77km alignment starts from Malaysia-Singapore Second Crossing (LINKEDUA) near the Exit 301 Persimpangan Senai and transverses across Senai Airport road (Route FR16), Ulu Tiram Town and straight to Desaru, it also connects the travelers to Pasir Gudang at the Tanjung Langsat Industrial Area via the Pasir Gudang Connector (PGC).

The E22 comprises of six (6) interchanges, four (4) toll plazas and two (2) rest & service areas. The E22 also features a 1.7km Single Plane Cable-Stayed Bridge across Sg. Johor. The bridge will be one of the longest Single Plane Cable-Stayed Bridge in the world featuring 500m main span.

The opening of the E22 will be separated into two (2) phases. Phase 1 already opened effective from 10th September 2009. The length of Phase 1 of the E22 is approximately 50km, stretching from Senai to Cahaya Baru with a connection to Pasir Gudang. The E22 Phase 1 opening includes five (5) interchanges; (Utama Senai Interchange, Bandar Senai Interchange, Ulu Tiram Interchange, Cahaya Baru Interchange and Pasir Gudang Interchange) and two (2) Rest & Service Areas.

Meanwhile, the E22 Phase 2 is expected to be completed in early 2010. The Phase 2 is approximately 27km in length stretching from Cahaya Baru to Desaru, it includes the Single Plane Cable-Stayed Bridge across Sg Johor and ends at the Penawar Interchange.

hi... may i know how u guys drove to desaru? did you use the new highway? the link below indicates its partially open and stops just 27km from desaru...

many thanks

E22 now open

E22 NOW OPEN

news_24082009.jpgAs part of Iskandar Malaysia, the E22 77km alignment starts from Malaysia-Singapore Second Crossing (LINKEDUA) near the Exit 301 Persimpangan Senai and transverses across Senai Airport road (Route FR16), Ulu Tiram Town and straight to Desaru, it also connects the travelers to Pasir Gudang at the Tanjung Langsat Industrial Area via the Pasir Gudang Connector (PGC).

The E22 comprises of six (6) interchanges, four (4) toll plazas and two (2) rest & service areas. The E22 also features a 1.7km Single Plane Cable-Stayed Bridge across Sg. Johor. The bridge will be one of the longest Single Plane Cable-Stayed Bridge in the world featuring 500m main span.

The opening of the E22 will be separated into two (2) phases. Phase 1 already opened effective from 10th September 2009. The length of Phase 1 of the E22 is approximately 50km, stretching from Senai to Cahaya Baru with a connection to Pasir Gudang. The E22 Phase 1 opening includes five (5) interchanges; (Utama Senai Interchange, Bandar Senai Interchange, Ulu Tiram Interchange, Cahaya Baru Interchange and Pasir Gudang Interchange) and two (2) Rest & Service Areas.

Meanwhile, the E22 Phase 2 is expected to be completed in early 2010. The Phase 2 is approximately 27km in length stretching from Cahaya Baru to Desaru, it includes the Single Plane Cable-Stayed Bridge across Sg Johor and ends at the Penawar Interchange.

I dont't think anyone has used the new expressway to Desaru because from the report, it has yet to complete the 2nd phase. It is the 2nd phase that can bring you very near to Desaru. I looked at the map, the ending point is just at the Desaru fruit farm. From there it is just another maybe 10 mins before u reach the Lotus resort. Nevertheless it is really helpful with the expressway as it will half the travelling time.

The conventional way is drive from Woodlands causeway-->towards kota tinggi direction-->after reaching Kota Tinggi turn right to Desaru direction-->see patronas your left and turn left into the road leading to the resort.

Neutral Newbie

FYI here r some image of Lotus Desaru Beach Resort....more facilities coming up soon!!! Should be in mid 2010...furthermore the Senai-Desaru hiway to be completed in June 2010...only takes 30mins frm JB to Desaru...

post-62471-1264254535_thumb.jpg

post-62471-1264254547_thumb.jpg

post-62471-1264254558_thumb.jpg

post-62471-1264254564_thumb.jpg

hi bros,btw is there any chance you guys know where is Agromart Desaru Hentian Penawar? is it in bandar penawar itself?i'm thinking of paying the chocolate outlet a visit..many thanks in advance!it would be a big help if you guys could provide detailed directions or obvious landmarks..! [flowerface]

hi bros,btw is there any chance you guys know where is Agromart Desaru Hentian Penawar? is it in bandar penawar itself?i'm thinking of paying the chocolate outlet a visit..many thanks in advance!it would be a big help if you guys could provide detailed directions or obvious landmarks..! [flowerface]

On the road back to SG after the fruit farm, its on the left - big building.