Malaysia: Road Trip to Desaru.....

Ticklish8

That what I heard, there were more than 200 Singapore investor....Impian was hard hit during the Asian Financial crisis....almost 8 years technically abandon, the beach picture that you saw, was a sea of lalang more than 1 metre long. The Lotus Group pump in more than 20 million to refurbish the area. From what I see it is still work in progress.....

Nice....me and my parents own one of the units there. But we don't have time to go there to check out the progress after leasing the unit to Lotus group.

↡ Advertisement

This was the first "overseas" trip with my wife years back.. still remember there was a water theme park and merry goround.

Bro, cant seem to find the website for Lotus hotel leh.. i want to bring my wife and kiddo to bring back the gold old memories. can let me know where to book the hotel [laugh]

Edited by Fattychubby

Let me post again: all promotional rate

1 bedroom suite : RM160 ++ Sunday - Thursday, RM180 Friday - Saturday

2 bedroom suite : RM 260 ++ Sunday - Thursday, RM 280 Friday - Saturday

3 bedroom suite: RM410 ++ Sunday - Thursday, RM 430 Friday - Saturday.

Peak period surcharge or RM100 ++ applies (eve of PH, PH and Festive Season)

Rates are inclusive of breakfast for 2, 4, 6 for 1,2,3 bedroom suites.

Tel +6 07 884 2800.

if u driving from Causeway, quite easy

After coming out Causeway the first exit turn rite... follow the direction to Kota Tinggi.... then u reach Kota Tinggi (around 30-45 minutes depending on the heavy vehicle, dont turn into Kota Tinggi town, just go straight ahead until u see a sign to Desaru, turn right...... drive all the way u will see sign Desaru at the intersection (around 20-30 minutes), then turn left. At the intersection u will see a petronas petrol station. U will reach the first resort, Lotus in 5 minutes.

Actually if u get lost, just remember Kota Tinggi. U can go Kota Tinggi from Perling, Bandar Baru Uda, Permas Jaya..... or anyway in JB....

Just got this from archive news report in 2000, about Impian Desaru now Lotus Desaru. Must be trying for the 200 singaporean investor. Dont know what happen to their investment?

200 Singaporeans are among 793 home-buyers who might lose their investments after the Malaysian project's developer wound up

MORE than 200 Singaporeans who bought units in a Desaru condominium, hoping it would be a sound investment, are left in the lurch after its developer wound up last week.

They are among 793 owners who may lose their units if a Malaysian court rules next month that the homes have to be auctioned to pay off the developer's creditors.

Each unit in the condominium, named Desaru Impian Resort and owned by Ghahas (M) Sdn Bhd, cost between RM215,000 ($93,000) and RM615,000 ($267,000).

Besides the Singaporeans, the remaining owners are Malaysians. Ninety per cent of the owners paid up full in cash, said businessman James Chang who represents a group of owners here.

About 160 owners from the two countries have got together to hire a lawyer to retain their units, he said.

The developer is believed to owe at least $20 million to the bank, contractors and buyers, he said.

Touted as the first beach-front condominium built like a theme park in Desaru, the resort-like property's launch here - held at Suntec City in 1995 - attracted many professionals.

It had looked a highly-attractive buy, said Mr Chang. "It was to come with facilities and it was close to Singapore."

But the developer failed to keep his promise. It was supposed to have been completed in 1998, but half of it has not been built.

A computer analyst, who bought a two-bedroom unit for $338,000, said he was promised a guaranteed return of about $34,000 every year for five years if he leased it back to Ghahas to be used as a tourist hotel.

He did that, but until now, he has not been given the key to the unit or the promised cheques. His unit is also not furnished as promised.

The theme park, which was to come with slides, carousels and river rides in front of his block, is nowhere to be seen.

He said: "They are not paying us rent, they have not given us the key, but they are still renting out the units to tourists."

Mr Chang, who bought two units, has pictures of the condominium.

Some units are without air-conditioners. Besides some built-in cabinets, his apartment is also not furnished.

He said while the group is trying to hold on to the units, it also hopes to be compensated for the rent promised by the developer but never paid to the owners.

"But the theme park, I doubt we can get it," he said.

BEACH-FRONT CONDOS

THE Desaru Impian Resort (left) was touted as the first beach-front condominium built like a theme park.

Its launch at Suntec City in 1995 attracted many professionals as it was to come with facilities and is close to Singapore.

Seven hundred and ninety-three people bought units in it. Each paid between between RM215,000 ($93,000) and RM615,000 ($267,000).

The resort was supposed to have been completed in 1998, but half of it has not been built.

The theme park, which was to come with slides, carousels and river rides, is nowhere to be seen.

Anybody can tell me how to go Desaru without GPS? Easy to find?? reachable by 2nd link??

Intend to go on a short trip.. [wave]

2nd link is too far off. Go in via Jbee side better.

Beri straight forward drive rah. Just follow the road sign going out of Jbee towards kota tinngi. Abt 45 mins drive, you will see a sign right turn to desaru. Another 45 mins later u will pass petronas to turn left...........the resort is just another 3-5 mins down this route. For seafood, just dont turn and drive straight down for another 30 mins = sg renggit. Ostrict farm is at the end junction on the left.

Just remember........desaru is a isolated area. U cant get lost even if u want to. hahaha. [laugh]

And oh...........at nite bor street lighting one har.........only occasional road reflectors. Totally pitch dark. So be carefull during nite driving. it can be quite scary for 1st timers.

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Called and spoked to the Lotus Desaru reception, they told me that only 10 floors out of the 17 floors are ready for staying.

There is a theme park which will be ready by early December.

When you are there, is the renovation work still on-going? how's the environment like?

They got 3 phases... phase one done phase two (including the water theme park) almost done (Dec), phase 3 akan datang.....

yup you are rite, still under construction but the construction is not major... just see workers fixing the bed, doing the furniture....no banging on the nite....if you ask me it is more like it is quiter than more construction.

(edited)

This picture show the area where they want to do the rainforest area under phase 3... not yet done, as u can see quite bare......no construction...

From the picture rite at the top is the main swimming pool, u walk a bit further is the beach and the sea. On the left is another smaller swimming pool.... I hope this picture help.

post-31960-1257244066_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ticklish8

Thanks for the advise.

Confirmed and booked for mid Dec.

Kids looking forward to the water theme park (hopefully it will open by then)

:D

↡ Advertisement