Malaysia: Road Trip to Desaru.....

Ticklish8

when i booked, i made it thru phone. n they only asked for my name. after that, they gave me a confirmation no. that's all.

↡ Advertisement

Book thru their phone.......

No need to pay anything. U can even go there straight and get their hotel room. I think they have room to spare. Not many pple know about Lotus yet, so booking shouldnt be a problem

I am going there on the 28 Dec....

Booking via phone is very easy. All they ask is for your name, type of room, how many nights and when checking in.

After which the staff will provide you a booking number. On arrival, just inform the reception this ref number and only at this time you present your credit card.

As mentioned by many before, outside the hotel has no place to eat. Hotel food is not too bad either.

I had dined in 1 of the 2 nights there. Prices are reasonable as it saves you time of driving to Pengerang for seafood.

Booking a room is as simple as making a phonecall. I thought such bookings will normally turn all screwy, but what a pleasant surprise when the reception staff pulled out the docket with all my reservations in place.

If you drive, there are plenty of restaurants and places to visit within a 50km range:

1) Desaru Fruit Farm

2) Ostrich Farm

3) Firefly Cruise

to name a few.

hahahah then must complement the cook and his team then

The politeness of the staff knocked me over. I was suitably impressed because I don't even get this level of service friendliness from international chains.

Hope they continue to upkeep this hard-to-come-by professionalism.

hahahah then must complement the cook and his team then

The politeness of the staff knocked me over. I was suitably impressed because I don't even get this level of service friendliness from international chains.

Hope they continue to upkeep this hard-to-come-by professionalism.

look at the picture... shouldnt be a problem...if want additional bed must pay RM100 if i not mistaken.. alternatively can sleep at the couch....in front of the TV

bro can check is all the 1 bedroom also double storey???

I just book a 1 bedroom on the 25th Dec for one nite, any bro going there on that day? Maybe can meetup.... hee hee

Ok enjoy hah. me going 28 Dec, my elder sister going next monday, my colleague and her whole family going there tom... (about 15 members)....

From what I know from my kaki in Lotus Desaru, the christmas weekend quite a number of singaporean book their holiday there.....

Tnks bro, u hv a nice trip as well. I suppose most of the time will be sporean staying over there. Too bad the new highway oni half open, else can try it out. This been my "virgin" trip to desaru will just base on my gps and hopefully bring me there safely. Once there may just try gg for seafood, fruit farm and firefly at nite hee hee

Hi all, just returned from Desaru trip on the 12th Dec. Really enjoyed the trip. No GPS. Just drive following my gut feeling. [drivingcar] No you will not get lost around Desaru area. [flowerface]

Those staying at Lotus like I did, pls ask for room near the beach/hotel restaurant cause there is no shelter from the hotel rooms to the restaurant. And be early for breafast, can get quite messy on weekends. [sweatdrop]

Those who want to eat outside the hotel, pls go to Bandar Penawar (5 min drive). Do not go to the Medan Selera(Food Court) but proceed further down and there are quite a few small shops selling food. I think look more presentable(We found out too late about this). Will post more...

If you were asking about one bed room suite, yes it's double storey. It's quite nice and cosy too. But I think the stairs is not very safe for young kids. Not sure about the 2 and 3 bed room suite.

I just spent a night there and came back today. Really enjoyed my stay there. Will definitely go back there again next year, provided they still have the same promptional rate. [:p]

We also just came back from Lotus yesterday. Really enjoyed ourselves especially the kids, they love the staircase. The weather were great, it was very hot and sunny on wed, got suntan somemore, so no worries about monsoon for now.

Yes, the staff were very polite and helpful, but some could not understand English well, but they have ever ready smiles.

Kids menu is great in the Teratai coffee house, only RM8 - great value for money. Must try is the Penang Fried Kuayteow.

Water theme park still not fully ready, but should be in few weeks time.

Overall, great place to stay and great value for money. The room was clean with new furnishing, but room clean up service is slow due to lack of housekeeping staff.

We'll be back next year. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement