Potenza re001 after 20k

So_nice

i've changed my re001 ard chinese new year and its reaching 19,000km mark. recently during a rainy day, i had to brake hard and i feel tat the rubbers aint holding up too well. but there are still lots of thread left. just wondering if its the rubber's problem or the road is just too wet?

inputs are welcomed!

↡ Advertisement

where is your tyre made?? If you bought it in JB its made in Thailand. I think we change around the same time, mine is hitting 18k soon, still grippy. My profile is 195/50/R15

are u sure re001, got make in thai?? sg i never came across, malaysia i not sure.

any way the re001 review i read about , its dry result is very good, wet , average .

i using re001, 225.40.18 my self . japan, noise level very good, consider its a high performance tyres. grip very good also , so far no complain, expect the 40 profile make my car very bumpy. lol

not tyre problem la.

braking hard on wet roads? drive slower. [laugh]

even with Vredesteins, you'll not hold up too well when braking hard on slippery surfaces.

Those sold in Malaysia are made in Thai.. Go have a look, initially I thought it was a good deal but after converting to SGD I rather pay abit more for Jap made ones. When comes to brakes and tyres I will not want to save and get myself into trouble.

Typically the grip will start to drop after around 20k for the Bridgestone UHP tyres (S02, S03, RE050, RE-01R) that I've used. However, the drop will be gradual, so it's normal. Some of the other tyres that I've used (AD07) feel more scary after 20K as the drop of grip is steeper. That is why I always change my tyres at 40K or when I feel that the grip is no longer present.

If you have gone tracking, the grip of the tyre will deteriorate even faster.

Most people always review tyres when they first got the tyres but did not understand that the consistency of grip throughout the tyre lifetime is more important.

If you feel the grip is no longer present, just drive slower or change tyres.

i've changed my re001 ard chinese new year and its reaching 19,000km mark. recently during a rainy day, i had to brake hard and i feel tat the rubbers aint holding up too well. but there are still lots of thread left. just wondering if its the rubber's problem or the road is just too wet?

inputs are welcomed!

when the road surface is unable to dispel the water fast enough, no matter how good the tyre is will still aquaplanning and skid or cannot grip to the surface fast enough...remember road surface contain lots of foreign particles such as grime, oil etc....just remember one thing drive real slow during heavy rainfall cos water ponding occurs.....

My RE001 is coming to 20K and the noise is bad or maybe my insulation is lousy. The grip wise is not too bad even on wet day.

1 of the main reason we want to use uch tyres for me is i want to perform during wet condition at least 85-90%% of what i can perform during dry condition .\

for me if i want to dry slowly during raining days, i rather change to a comfort tyres . high profile LOL .

No, braking distance will increase exponentially with increased mileage. I see a lot people saying their tyres are ok after 20k or 40k,.Well, clearly they don't know the performance of their tyres. As I change my tyres once a year over the last 8 years, it has helped me tremendously to understand the bridgestone UHP tyre characteristics.

And if a tyre can perform 85-90% in the wet as compared with the dry, it either must be a horrible dry tyre or require frequent tyre changes due to over heating.

i think the tyres not causing the trouble, maybe its the road condition :huh:

where is your tyre made?? If you bought it in JB its made in Thailand. I think we change around the same time, mine is hitting 18k soon, still grippy. My profile is 195/50/R15

Actually, can you enlighten me on why is the place of manufacture playing such an important role in the performance of the tyres?

I tot they are supposed to be using the same compound/manufacturing process wherever it is being mad. Thus be it thailand or japan, shld not have any difference right?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

MIJ ones...bought in sg. i think probably road too wear bah.

19K mileage nia, not very likely...

Perhaps u r driving out of the wet weather performance envelope?

↡ Advertisement