About diamond

Vextan

Anyone has bought diamond recently ? any good buys you have come across ? pls share your diamond discoveries, like any particular good ones which you have come across. especially interested in lee hwa as their cut is very nice and carries a lot of fire. hope to hear some good buys (pendant or ear stud) from those who have done some diamond shopping recently.

↡ Advertisement

PS.. Unless your wife is a jeweller, just get the biggest one you can find with the cheapest price tag! Sometimes Zirconias will work as well too. End of the day, it's your skills that makes her world go around not the piece of stone.

Anyone has bought diamond recently ? any good buys you have come across ? pls share your diamond discoveries, like any particular good ones which you have come across. especially interested in lee hwa as their cut is very nice and carries a lot of fire. hope to hear some good buys (pendant or ear stud) from those who have done some diamond shopping recently.

are you referring to lee hwa destinee, i just got one recently. anyway you are paying a premium for destinee range.

Tink you should be able to get about 40% discount from Lee Hwa's prices if you buy direct from the wholesalers. The difference is too great to ignore. Just make sure you buy those with certs. Go for the best in cut. Whatever it is compare like for like and you will see what I mean. Google Vivodiamond. Me and a few frens got ours from them. Based in Singapore, call to have private viewing.

Happy shopping.

Tink you should be able to get about 40% discount from Lee Hwa's prices if you buy direct from the wholesalers. The difference is too great to ignore. Just make sure you buy those with certs. Go for the best in cut. Whatever it is compare like for like and you will see what I mean. Google Vivodiamond. Me and a few frens got ours from them. Based in Singapore, call to have private viewing.

Happy shopping.

vivo diamond is rather good and more competitive in terms of pricing

Actually a word of caution, dun buy so many diamond cos they cannot hold value. Buy a few for wearing good enough.

Try buying gold coins. Cos gold prices will keep going up.

Actually I find diamond a bit sian liao. I quite like ruby and sapphire. I think my wife won't complain if I buy for her.

Edited by Watwheels

First set your budget. You will also have to gauge her expectations. Too cheap and she may say that you are not sincere.

With diamonds, people usually talk about the 4 Cs (colour, clarity, cut, carat, in no particular order of importance). Nowadays there is a fifth C, which is certification.

Different people will assign different priorities to each of the Cs. For example, Caucasian buyers are willing to trade colour for carats. Conversely, Asians rather have D/E/F colour diamonds at the expense of size. So read up and figure out for yourself what she prefers. She may prefer "perfection", so it would have to be a D colour, VVS clarity, and excellent cuts, at the expense of size. Or she may desire size, and is happy to accept a H-colour large diamond.

As we are already paying quite a hefty price tag for a diamond, it is my personal opinion that there is no need to pay another premium on top of it for such things like Lee Hwa Destinee, or Soo Kee Brilliant Rose, or so on. When it comes to value, what matters is the certificate (and the certifying authority). All these jewellery shop premium branding doesn't matter.

Generally, I found that I had to pay around $100 for each carat point (which is actually 0.01ct). That is assuming the other C attributes are somewhere in the top grades, which is (colour D/E/F, cut good/excellent, clarity IF/VVS1/VVS2/VS1/VS2, certification GIA>AGS).

Now I know some people consider diamonds as one of the world's greatest marketing scams/successes, but girls like it. So nothing to do but play along. Consider it one of the expenses of getting married.

Edited by Macrosszero

just wana know naked eye can see those 4c difference?

Yes. Especially those with Excellent cut place beside Good or Very Good cut.

Cut is the most inportant for me. Girls dig size though so the min should be 0.5 carat.

D E or F cant tell by naked eye. Even G oso not easy to differentiate unless you are quite an expert and the size is big enough to really examine.

Dun pay for branding lah.

The first thing people notice is size (Carat)

Then they notice the sparkle (Cut)

After that the colour of the reflections (Colour)

Unless it is very severe, otherwise you would probably need a magnifying loupe to see the last attribute (Clarity)

ideal cut but gia cert is around 17k for e colour and vs2.

lee hwa over priced. theirs are all ags ideal cut. when i previously looked at wat they have, the same grade of triple ideal cost 27k at lee hwa but i found it for 17k at caratell. u can try there if u like. dun bother about names, is the grade that counts.

but if u like many small sparkles, brilliant rose is good cos has a lot more faces. price also cheaper than lee hwa but more ex than normal 57 facet triple ideal of ags.

i prefer ags to gia.

if u dun mind run down place, try a shop at 4th floor of plaza singapore. is juz a door into a small office but they have all types of diamonds, big small good lousy blah blah blah. tink is called jose gems. look for simon.

At the end of it, they consider the price (Cost)... :D

The first thing people notice is size (Carat)

Then they notice the sparkle (Cut)

After that the colour of the reflections (Colour)

Unless it is very severe, otherwise you would probably need a magnifying loupe to see the last attribute (Clarity)

↡ Advertisement