Can LED pole light pass VICOM inspection?

Teo_jason

I loosened My pole lights 2 years ago during my last inspection and passed. Simply no loght from pole. My headlights were DiamonVision and had no issues. They only complained that my Exhaust tail pipe was cut too close to the muffler. They gave me a chance to pass...

Btw, anyone has curtains in their cars? Mine is the car life model at the rear windows. Planning to remove the curtains but keep the rails so that I can fix it back.

Neutral Newbie

I loosened My pole lights 2 years ago during my last inspection and passed. Simply no loght from pole. My headlights were DiamonVision and had no issues. They only complained that my Exhaust tail pipe was cut too close to the muffler. They gave me a chance to pass...

Btw, anyone has curtains in their cars? Mine is the car life model at the rear windows. Planning to remove the curtains but keep the rails so that I can fix it back.

bro since u mention exhaust muffler.

did u change an aftermarket exhaust?

i am wondering, since changing muffler is LTA unfrenly.

How did those who changed get passed? Change back before inspection? or depending on noise level?

Thought of changing for along time, didnt intend to do something loud. just slight. But still afraid fail inspection coz change muffler.

Legal ones are too exp.

What are the option?

Neutral Newbie

pardon my ignorance,but car curtains also can fail?

no lah, why fail... hahah.

hanging car curtain is just like hanging car refreshener on your air con grill.

no lah, why fail... hahah.

hanging car curtain is just like hanging car refreshener on your air con grill.

read in the forums that a few bros got summoned by LTA for using Car curtains as it supposedly hinders your view. Since got more than 2 posts that I have seen over the months that had summons, I have decided to remove them but they can easily be fixed back. 5 min job but the rails have to stay.

bro since u mention exhaust muffler.

did u change an aftermarket exhaust?

i am wondering, since changing muffler is LTA unfrenly.

How did those who changed get passed? Change back before inspection? or depending on noise level?

Thought of changing for along time, didnt intend to do something loud. just slight. But still afraid fail inspection coz change muffler.

Legal ones are too exp.

What are the option?

I did not operate my muffler. I just straigthened my stock tailpipe as it was bent. But when I straightended it at Mann exhaust a few years ago, they cut very close to the muffler. Less than 1 cm space. So the inspector at STA told me usually they will fail this kind of jobs. The only recourse is for me to change the whole exhaust. This time round, I plan to spray black on my exhaust when servicing just before inspections...

okie..

now we know led pole lights failed inspection

So how about led brake lights and reverse led lights?

fail also?

So will either TP or LTA catch / summon u if u installed these lights?

I always fail my LED pole lights at Vicom Yishun.

But funny thing is that I using white halogen bulbs not philip, can pass but not the pole light. [sweatdrop]

Very agreed.... if can, dun go Vicom Yishun....

last 2 inspection..always at VICOM Bt Batok..

1st time, stock yellow headlight bulb and white pole light - Pass without any qsn asked

2nd time, PHILIPS Crystal Vision and the same white pole light - Also pass without any qsn asked

either VICOM BB bo chup, or other VICOM trying to be funny..

I had curtains on my all 4 windows on my van. PAssed at STA (Sin Ming) and Vicom (Sin Ming).

Almost failed at Vicom due to the removable tint flims for my childen pasted at the rear windows.