Accident: Upside down car @ Seletar dam

Defelio

it's a very good place to chill. I'm there using my dad's car on fri night. Usually people show off their cool rides there, revving from hump to hump. Good car can get real fast even tho the dist is short. But for a Fit to do that even on S mode, very hard to turtle lei. That's the ending part of dam judging from the pic. people usually U turn there illigelly to rev up and down the dam. I would like to make a wild guess. Since there are more than 1 car involved, might be the fit go too fast and U-turn and hit the other car , then turtle.

fri nite have the lta rd block juz b4 the damp so many heavily mod cars including myself u-turn see white ants collecting bonus on road side hahaha!

hopefully no innocent parties was hurt in such accident....

confirm LTA rd block? I wanted to cut thru YD to go onto TPE... but from far saw blinkers and turned left back into yishun. At the same traffic lights got one fiat and one focus ST...focus ST was loud. Fiat and me turned left while focus decided to be brave and go straight.

Wonder what happened to him. hahahahahah

try flipping your car into turtle la. the person must be in shock or hurt

Hmmm...in my worst accident, I was wishing that my car flip turtle only. Reality was far worse than that fren ... [sweatdrop] Was I shocked? Hurt? Yes & Yes. But did I [bigcry] ? NOPE!! [pirate] Kidz nowadays are hopeless!

Neutral Newbie

I was there... Saw how the Honda flipped as well...

Overheard his conversation with TP...

He said the last thing he remembered was going over the speed hump.

He blacked out next, dont know what happen then.

IMHO, i think he fell asleep is a more probable cause.

Its a lucky thing that he was travelling slow. Else, might have been disastrous for him and all those near by.

got pple drown there before mah....i think not too long ago only...as in just a few years ago thing....and of cause many other things...

Edited by Seaweed

wah lau how the car travelling at slow speed flip until like that. Usu u see stunt show they need a ramp of some kind.

ok la.. not very fast either.. body panels not much damage..

Neutral Newbie

that honda jazz veered left, hitting the Red Kia first...

Then Jazz strikes kerb and back of mitsubishi Lancer (Infront of the Kia) almost at same time... With the Kerb plus the Lancer disrupting the moving Jazz's inertia....

Walah.... Jazz flips sideway... Turtled

Apologies for the brief depiction as i did not take any photos of this freak accident.

But there are a lot of bros whipping out their SLRs to take photos, i'm sure pictures will start surfacing soon.

Seriously, anyone know how heavy is the Honda Jazz or Fit?? It seems real light from the way it is thrown...

I was there... Saw how the Honda flipped as well...

Overheard his conversation with TP...

He said the last thing he remembered was going over the speed hump.

He blacked out next, dont know what happen then.

IMHO, i think he fell asleep is a more probable cause.

Its a lucky thing that he was travelling slow. Else, might have been disastrous for him and all those near by.

i believe no one will buy this story.

got pple drown there before mah....i think not too long ago only...as in just a few years ago thing....and of cause many other things...

oh i see... hmmm i only recall my parents telling me that someone drowned near the fishing jetty of lower seletar reservoir which is near Yishun Ave 1.

back to possibilities behind the flipping incident, i suspect that the driver approach the hump too quickly. I noticed that the first hump is contoured to be smooth in incline and decline whereas the second hump is more sharp in the incline. Thus if one approach too quickly, it is possible to lose traction and then mount kerb and then flip turtle.

I am sorry for his dad. I don't even know whether any insurance companies will insure him in the future. [knife]

↡ Advertisement