Pre-2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GD & GE Series)

Thugstercena

Can somebody tell me the diff between these 2 car? As in the exterior. How to diff them without looking the interior/engine bay?

One of the picture is Jazz while the other is Fit.

post-56185-1257685440_thumb.jpg

post-56185-1257685469_thumb.jpg

:D cheers people.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Jazz is having brake disc for front and rear. Fit is having front disc brake and rear brake drum.

The top picture (Fit) has the standard tyre cover shown in the pic whereas the rim in the bottom picture (Jazz) is the standard rim from KM.

Fit G Model does not hava signal indicator on the wing mirror, only GF model and above has it.

Of course the obvious is the word Jazz or Fit at the rear panel.

Edited by Rb1623m
  • Praise 2

Jazz is having brake disc for front and rear. Fit is having front disc brake and rear brake drum.

The top picture (Fit) has the standard tyre cover shown in the pic whereas the rim in the bottom picture (Jazz) is the standard rim from KM.

Fit G Model does not hava signal indicator on the wing mirror, only GF model and above has it.

Of course the obvious is the word Jazz or Fit at the rear panel.

nice one.

i guess mostly cosmetic.

• Praise 1

nice one.

i guess mostly cosmetic.

Jazz = 5 spd auto gear

Fit = CVT gearbox

Honda Engineer say 5 spd autogearbox was specially designed for SE asia roads... (Bull!@#$ if u ask me)

• Praise 1

CVT is used in japan due to its road conditions where traffic jams are common , i believe it would be useful in singapore's context as well.

• Praise 1

CVT is used in japan due to its road conditions where traffic jams are common , i believe it would be useful in singapore's context as well.

Ya precisely... We are just carrots for the ADs, who continue to bring in old gearbox technology...

Neutral Newbie

i think there is a list of differences somewhere in SHC forum... abt the brake, jazz's front disc rotor is bigger than fit's front... only fit rs has 4-disc brakes

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

n the other thing is which i think shc forum never mentions in the list is that jazz 3rd brake light is a very big pc bulb-type one where as fit's one is led-type...

Ya precisely... We are just carrots for the ADs, who continue to bring in old gearbox technology...

As long as we buy any new car from any ADs/PIs, we are oredi confirmed chopped 'carrot' becos of the high PM... [knife]

I bet they will say they have this & that overheads to cover but in the first place did any buyer ask for those Millions $$$ showrooms???? :ph34r:

Edited by 7007
  • Praise 2

Profits for pi not really better than ADs , it depends on whether if you are able to dig out a good deal from them. But if you are getting a car from the PI be prepared that warranties are as good as non. It is more worthwhile to invest in a good car workshop.

As for the brakes , i still can't really differentiate the difference from a disc brake and other brakes , maybe i'm moving too slow to notice the difference. Anyway , i believe CVT is useful in sg due the jams and i think the gear transition is more smoother than 4 speed or 5 speed gears.

The downside would be it is would more exp to replace a CVT gear box as compared to a normal 4 or 5 speed gear box.

Now i think hard but maybe can try. Typical selling price of a Fit is around 38~48k depending on various models. The rest is COE.

Edited by CH_CO

Exterior? The Jazz/Fit emblem at the back loh.... haha...

Seriously, the list of differences is quite huge if you consider other things than appearance...

Rear wheel arc guards(Jazz yes, Fit No), front brake size(Jazz 240, Fit 232),

mirror indicators(Jazz yes, Fit no), Boot cover & light(Jazz yes, Fit no),

speedo meter(Jazz 240, Fit 180), transmission(Jazz 5speed, Fit CVT),

fuel cover(Jazz no lock, Fit Lock), sun visor mirrors(Jazz 2, Fit 1), ash trays(Jazz Yes, Fit No),

immobilator(Jazz yes, Fit No), horn position(Jazz Left, Fit Center),

Seat positioning, 3rd brake lite(Jazz Bulb, Fit LED), to name a few...

• Praise 1

Hi

It's been long time I have not been in this forum . I have a brand new Honda Jazz 1.3L LA Manual, grey color for sale. The car is 100% new because I won from M1 contest and right now I have not collected it from Kah Motor yet. I have also checked with the person in charge at Kah Motor, the car can be be registered with your name as first owner (not second owner as I thought the rule of the contest before). It means as long as I have a COE under category E or, you yourself have a COE under category A or category E, we can come together to Kah Motor to register your name as first owner of the car. So there will be no difference if you buy the car from me or from Kah Motor. You are registered as first owner on paper, you collect a brand new car directly from Kah Motor with standard package, including 6 month road tax free, radio licence free, free registration.

If interested you can email me at [email protected] or call me at my mobile 93277784 for fast deal (you can check from the list above, I am the 11th winner of the contest).

You can give your offer for price with COE or price without COE also can.

Thanks & regards,

Jenny

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi im new in forum, can you teach me how to post? i got some problem with my Honda Fit need to seek opinoins. Thanks

• Praise 1

With the current high COE, it's not a good time to win a car in lucky draw!

You are lucky.

I would tell KAH to let me keep the car in my garage, and mod it for the coming Changing race track!!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1