Jurong Bird Park Bus Driver Road Rage

Wang2inc

Turbocharged

Shouldn't that be the way?

Dotted lines means give way to vehicles on the main road.

Too many times I've seen people die die want to filter out, causing vehicle on main road to brake or swerve. [hur][thumbsdown]

yes dotted line means give way to vehicle on main road. however in sliproad joining to e'way context, IF u need to stop, that means your driving probably suck or if there is a traffic jam on the e'way. just imagine, the avg speed on the e'way is about 60km/h even on the left lane. if u stop at the dotted line, how fast can u match the e'way speed from 0km/h? well.. some people can do it in 7s going petal to floor, but then i doubt these people will stop by the dotted line in the first place [gossip]

the correct way to do it is to match the e'way speed and merge into the left lane safely. [idea]

↡ Advertisement

Slow driver = safer driver?

1000cc doesn't mean your car can't reach 90km/h.....

I got a feeling that you are road hogging the lane that makes the bus driver lost his patience.....

But by law, you wins. Let's hope slower drivers on the road can be more road conscious too.

Neutral Newbie

Well, in true honesty, I wont believe the bus driver would be that angry to do such things just because u were slow.. it's not as tho the tourists were going to be late for breakfast bird show or smth right..? Doesnt make sense..

For him to be that angry to do such stuff and even get out of the bus to confront uwould most probably be due to ur driving, how u almost caused an accident, knowingly or not. Qn: What would anger us on the roads? Slow drivers? Reckless drivers?

To give u the benefit of the doubt, u were probably not aware of smth u have been doing tt could anger other drivers, or perhaps the bus driver had some dark background in gangs or just didnt get laid the night before..

Even so, I'm sorry to say but I wouldnt reason with the latter. Like what was said, driving slow doesnt equal driving safe. I believe driving slow would most often than not, be due to hesitancy on the roads, lack of confidence etc.

2 opinions to this situation.

Sorry bro but obviously you are a CMi driver, I drive behind you I surely also cannot tahan. If you are buay zhai, go take public transport don't be a lame hogger.

Bus driver also got attitude problem, he's bound to get whacked upside down if he does that to me.

2 CMI individuals here . . . haiz . . . [laugh]:D[laugh]

My son will say "What a goober!" [:p]

i also drive this slip road quite often... yes, I agree going up slope from zero takes a bit of time to accelerate. But even at 2krpm, can definately climb from zero to 70kph from zebra crossing to main road - i cannot believe this cannot be achieved.

also - if TS car had stopped at zebra crossing, surely the bus also stopped behind the TS car. If TS have to launch from zero to 70kph, the bus also the same what. So far ... on any road... i have seen no bus or lorry able to launch faster than any car. Whether the car is 800cc or 2ltr... a bus definately is slower to pick up... and somemore move off slope.

And moreover.. that is a 2 lane slip way (you can zoom in on google map satellite view and clearly see 2 lanes). Even if the bus is faster, it can easily overtake on the next lane.... UNLESS the lane is blocked! So what is the complete story of this incident?

I find hard to believe a tourist bus driver lose his temper, and come down from a bus in front of all his customer and risk losing his job for no reason.

Just what is the speed TS is traveling at, and did he road hog (ie. drive centre of 2 lanes, blocking both lanes, etc)?

Edited by Parkingidiot

Ya man! sure made the bus driver upset...but still wrong of him to do that.

The safety of the passengers in the bus & car at risk!

The bus driver must face some form of punishment for his act.

If not, who knows who his next victims will be & if they will be so lucky as to share

their story.

His action is typical of hooligans [lipsrsealed] .....

No excuses [whip]

I believe there are stories from both sides. Everyone here are using the road to go to their destination. No one drives a car to the road looking for fight for ppl to bully.

Ask yourself before you condemn the bus driver. What had you done to get ppl being so irrational and angry?

If you drive with aware of the surrounding and drive reasonably, i dont think the bus driver will do this to you. If not, he will be very busy looking for ppl every here and there.

And dont give excuse like your car under powered, etc. i have been using this road frequently and i dont think 1000cc car is that "useless" to climb up that short stretch of road. If you are using wrong gear ratio, please admit it and dont stress the engine of your car next time.

And finally, by mind your own business on the road or drive slowly does not mean you are safe driver and innocent all the time. Driving on the road is more on interaction with other road users. Not you drive like own the whole road and take your own sweet time and space and totally ignore the presence of other road users. Be them in front of your car or behind your car. Shouldnt that be a common sense of drivin on the road ?

Neutral Newbie

Of course not! I make CDs and DVDs! I not in radio stations! Ahahaahahahaa

hey bro... u MAKE DVDs ah?... :o

any 'good' shows lately? PM me thanks...

[angel]

Neutral Newbie

DEAR ALL... may i suggest... TS is getting alot of 'scolding' from all of us here... he/she is obviously a victim here even though he/she might have caused the incident to happen...

from TS's pic... you look like a SHE... but then if you were a SHE, then the bus driver is a complete d#@k head to challenge you... (unless you look like a man?) [laugh]

SO TO EASE ALL THE CURIOUSITY OF THE BROs AND SISs here, TS please take a picture of yourself, your car, and post here... so we will know why all this happened.... [laugh]

DEAR ALL... may i suggest... TS is getting alot of 'scolding' from all of us here... he/she is obviously a victim here even though he/she might have caused the incident to happen...

from TS's pic... you look like a SHE... but then if you were a SHE, then the bus driver is a complete d#@k head to challenge you... (unless you look like a man?) [laugh]

SO TO EASE ALL THE CURIOUSITY OF THE BROs AND SISs here, TS please take a picture of yourself, your car, and post here... so we will know why all this happened.... [laugh]

the likely result:-

Man= bro speed up a bit lar

Not chio bu = told u lady cant drive

chio bu = tat fxxxx bus uncle, fxxxx him, !@#$ idiot... wad is ur number btw? pm me.. i help u settle

Neutral Newbie

the likely result:-

Man= bro speed up a bit lar

Not chio bu = told u lady cant drive

chio bu = tat fxxxx bus uncle, fxxxx him, !@#$ idiot... wad is ur number btw? pm me.. i help u settle

wahahahahahahahahaha..... [laugh]

Shouldn't that be the way?

Dotted lines means give way to vehicles on the main road.

Too many times I've seen people die die want to filter out, causing vehicle on main road to brake or swerve. [hur][thumbsdown]

not when the slip road is like 300-700m long?

you have more than ample time to gauge your speed and distance to merge into the expressway smoothly without causing the rear vehicles to take evasive actions

the expressway ahead roadsign is for you to speed up, not to slow down.

in my years of driving, i have never have to stop on the slip road entering into expressway.

unless there is a jam or a lousy driver in front of me.

Edited by Zippaboy

yes dotted line means give way to vehicle on main road. however in sliproad joining to e'way context, IF u need to stop, that means your driving probably suck or if there is a traffic jam on the e'way. just imagine, the avg speed on the e'way is about 60km/h even on the left lane. if u stop at the dotted line, how fast can u match the e'way speed from 0km/h? well.. some people can do it in 7s going petal to floor, but then i doubt these people will stop by the dotted line in the first place [gossip]

the correct way to do it is to match the e'way speed and merge into the left lane safely. [idea]

yup.

the long sliproad is for you to pick up speed and match the other vehicles' speed, then merge in smoothly and safely.

it's much harder to merge in from standstill.

imagine a big truck coming at 70km/hr, you driving a Chery QQ and enter the expressway from stationary.

the truck will have to jam brake like crazy !!!

↡ Advertisement