The thing with keyless...

Ericongy

when i bought my car, i bought the keyless version coz i tink its a new technology n interesting to have..

After using it for a while, this is wad i tink:-

pros:-

when taking alot of stuff, dunit to find my key, juz poke any finger in n door open.

eehh... nothing else i can tink of..

cons:-

1k more den the normal version

only given one keyless key.. (the other one is juz a key, dun even have remote control)

expensive to duplicate, abt $500-$700.... imagine if i lost my key... heavy damage

when i lock my door, by pressing the button, i cant double confirm it's locked, coz once my fingers is in, the door open, so have to chk the back door (make me feel like ah gong)

i feel i have pay more to have more trouble.. haiz..

↡ Advertisement

Mine is after-market keyless alarm from Soxxi. No need to press button or anything, just walk near the car and it unlocks. Walk away and it locks with blinkers and alarm horn sounded. It came with two immobaliser so if I lost one, still got one more. [thumbsup] But I rather get them to re-do the alarm if I ever lost it cos anyone can just drive my car away. :D

The only thing abt it is if I am near my car after it locks, it will keep unlock and then lock itself with the blinkers on. Ppl tot my car going crazy. So I will move far away from my car after it locks or park it far away. :D

• Praise 1

Mine is after-market keyless alarm from Soxxi. No need to press button or anything, just walk near the car and it unlocks. Walk away and it locks with blinkers and alarm horn sounded. It came with two immobaliser so if I lost one, still got one more. [thumbsup] But I rather get them to re-do the alarm if I ever lost it cos anyone can just drive my car away. :D

The only thing abt it is if I am near my car after it locks, it will keep unlock and then lock itself with the blinkers on. Ppl tot my car going crazy. So I will move far away from my car after it locks or park it far away. :D

Bro ...ask a bit here..how far the distance between you and your car...the system proximity function..

how much the damage..

antenna location may I know..

Thanks.. [sunny]

When I was staying in Japan I had a car with keyless function, and if my car was not locked as I walked away, I will get an sms (email) on my mobile phone to tell me it's not locked.

And for the longest time I couldn't lock it properly so I was doing 4x10m shuttle runs like IPPT.

I'd still go with the manual controls.

70m maybe far..can it be set to nearer or possible..

Then if let say u go for filling up at a station..went for payment still unlock..SG still ok..MY not ok..

i think different brands will have different operating range. better consult the experts as its beyond my knowledge.

Other car have to manually press the remote button to lock the car. If you feel stupid to press the door handle to lock it, then just do the Normal way by pressing the remote or use the metal key to lock the door.

You have many choice with the keyless keys. Don't feel sad.

Disadvantage is what if your family members or mrs just wanna go open the car to put or take something? Say I sitting in a coffee shop near the parked car - for conventionally alram users - I can just take out remote and press "unlock"

For this keyless entry - cannot rite?

there is nothing wrong w Nissan keyless.

you can do manual lock/unlock via buttons. in case battery fails, u can detach the key and open manually

otherwise, u can just put the keyless device in your pocket.