R you fed up with traffic Jams?

Kaixing

Neutral Newbie

Every morning the radio DJ will announce "Its is the usual jams along major expressways".

Patience...

Why are we getting used to the jam and not fixing the jam?

↡ Advertisement

sure implement ERP charges at $50 or more per entry, u will see improvement...the current charges seems to be sub sub water for car owners. what is to them on these few dollars and cts whereas they can afford the monthly installment?

Every morning the radio DJ will announce "Its is the usual jams along major expressways".

Patience...

How ?

1) reduce the car qota?

2) build more ERP ?

3) invent cars that "drive" in the sky.

Be happy with what you have it could be worse. [:)]

I'm sure that if all drivers keep to their lanes and not cutting here and there just because that lane is faster by 2km/h.

the jam will not be that bad.

i am more like fed up with the road planning in sg. Major cross junctions within intervals of 200m are no brainers to why traffic throughputs are so low in sg. And for heaven's sake, do we really need to to operationalise all junctions as traffic junctions? For those areas of high pedestrian density, just spend the money to dig a hole and create a bloody underpass instead of putting up more candy lights.

Ask yourself why all of you choose to stay in the same area and leave home at the same time? :D

another ideal why dun the gahman do away with the road tax and implement a pay as you use road tax.

more you use more you pay [laugh]

theres already road widening at cte and kpe just open not too long ago....

i would think as long as we got lousy drivers, our traffic condition cannot improve no matter what measures the gahmen undertake.

We are a small country. There simply is no space for everyone to be travelling about at the same time.

How? Suggestions on a postcard please.

My suggestion is to not make everybody head to the same place at the same time. Simple.

Move workplaces out of the CBD, and spread it out to other places.

Patience...

I hop on my bike and forget about it.

Top reasons for jams:

- Lousy and bad driving habits (e.g. moving off too slow from traffic lights even though situations permit, slow down to kay poh even though accident is on different direction, impatient drivers who tailgate resulting in accidents which could have been avoided in the first place, etc, etc)

- Too many traffic lights

- poor design of roads

- poor urban planning and road planning (resulting in too many unnecessary junctions)

Edited by Kangadrool

Neutral Newbie

Top reasons for jams:

- Lousy and bad driving habits (e.g. moving off too slow from traffic lights even though situations permit, slow down to kay poh even though accident is on different direction, impatient drivers who tailgate resulting in accidents which could have been avoided in the first place, etc, etc)

- Too many traffic lights

- poor design of roads

- poor urban planning and road planning (resulting in too many unnecessary junctions)

add on,

-lorries, buses and vans failing to keep to the left lane. I always sees them traveling in lane 2 and some even goes to lane 1.

theres already road widening at cte and kpe just open not too long ago....

i would think as long as we got lousy drivers, our traffic condition cannot improve no matter what measures the gahmen undertake.

to be more accurate lousy and impatient driver [rifle]

Neutral Newbie

Top reasons for jams:

this is very very true [thumbsup]

Patience...

u have kenna bangkok's jam arh!

that one really knnbccb

add on,

-lorries, buses and vans failing to keep to the left lane. I always sees them traveling in lane 2 and some even goes to lane 1.

yes.

On expressways-

now vans and lorries go 70km/h on 2nd lane, thus 2nd lane speed only around 50-60km/h. some idiots cannot go fast take right lane at 80km/h, = jam.

At normal roads-

traffic lights turn green 3s already the brake lights then go off. another 2s to depress accelerator. no wonder nowadays one green light only clear so little cars.

I miss last time where i can travel form pt to pt without much jam during peak period. I still cannot take it as i see with my own eyes how our traffic conditions deteriorate so fast down the years. last time is really gd, convenient and enjoyable to drive. Now driving become more troublesome, in order to siam traffic jam muz wake up early or move off early, last time is can wake up late den move off coz driving, no need to wake up so early...

↡ Advertisement