New Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro or Used GS450H (hybrid)?

Soya

Assuming budget of $160k. Would u consider a new A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro or a 1-yr old GS450H?

↡ Advertisement

Hi Soya,

Lexus for me, very bad experience with Audi (A4 06 model).

regards

wow, what happened?

with that kind of budget, what about Q5?

Did tink abt the Q5 too. But i would've to compare that to a RX400H (the new RX450H is U-G-L-Y). Somehow, still prefer a low CG car.

Neutral Newbie

What are you looking for actually? Only you will know. Both cars are very different in terms of drive and feel. They can't be compared on the categories. Comfort and luxury, the GS450H will win. Handling and drive, the A4 quattro wins.

Road tax is also different, one is more than 3 times the other.

Also, for a hybrid, the most expensive part is the battery. Beware when it's out of warranty. Think Lexus' warranty on batteries is 2 yrs unlimited mileage, but not sure if it applies to hybrid cells as well.

Neutral Newbie

for comfort go for lexus, it is a very mudane drive - very very bored - but reliable - i am into my third year on rx350

for performance go for audi, but some commented audi multitronic gear box not reliable ...anyone care to add in on this topic or maybe the new a4 use dsg gearbox

Neutral Newbie

for performance go for audi, but some commented audi multitronic gear box not reliable ...anyone care to add in on this topic or maybe the new a4 use dsg gearbox

A4 1.8 still uses multitronic. The 2.0 and 3.2 uses s-tronic aka dsg.

If worry about gearbox issue, can buy warranty for the car or just the gearbox at www.warranty.com.sg. This is what I intend to do if my car runs out of warranty too.

Could be a lemon I got. I bought the car as second hand, after driving for about 4 months, the gear box kaput...oh man..

This is the norm for most european car , gear box not lasting

Assuming budget of $160k. Would u consider a new A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro or a 1-yr old GS450H?

A gs 300 is more than enough, there is no point paying so much for the gs450h as it is not value for money even after the 40% green rebate [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

personally i test drive the gs450, handling is like any japanese sedan.

while it is indeed very powerful but i do not think the handling match the power.

u can still feel the floatiness of a japanese car and steering wheel is very light.

even if u activiate the sport suspension it does not make any difference, during sharp corner - u still feel obvious roll.

above purely my comment. overall gs450 is not a car for spore. gs 300 is enough (i feel so). the fuel consumption that u saved is outstripped by the higher purchase price.

↡ Advertisement