M1 fixed broadband

Happily1986

Hi buddies! [flowerface]

Anyone subscribed to m1 fixed broadband? How's the experience like? My SHBB has expired and i am fed up to see my down speed drop to around 1.2Mbps during peak hours. A scan using my wireless adapter reveals 25 WLANs of which roughly 2/3 belongs to SHBB subscribers.

My impression is that m1 leases a line from SH and essentially resells it.

↡ Advertisement

Hi buddies! [flowerface]

Anyone subscribed to m1 fixed broadband? How's the experience like? My SHBB has expired and i am fed up to see my down speed drop to around 1.2Mbps during peak hours. A scan using my wireless adapter reveals 25 WLANs of which roughly 2/3 belongs to SHBB subscribers.

My impression is that m1 leases a line from SH and essentially resells it.

it is.

if it's cheaper, just go for it.

i was tempted to switch but it doesn't come with free home line with free outgoing calls. which is what starhubs Digital voice essentially is.

btw, starhub pissed me off enuff to switch my mobile line, so it's not like i want to promote it. M1's offer was cheaper than the starhub at that time but no digital voice. [thumbsup]

I am looking at the same thing as well.

Anyone made the conversion perhaps can give some feedback [gossip]

i'd expect it to be the same thing. just that your bill is yellow instead of green, and maybe u pay less.. haha..

best thing may be to ask ur neighbours. i feel that different providers perform better in different areas of SG. particularly so for mobile broadband but probably also applies to wired due to user density.

i'd expect it to be the same thing. just that your bill is yellow instead of green, and maybe u pay less.. haha..

best thing may be to ask ur neighbours. i feel that different providers perform better in different areas of SG. particularly so for mobile broadband but probably also applies to wired due to user density.

[grin] i never subscribed to digital voice so i guess it is okay for me. At one point in time, i was contemplating Qala but i heard bad comments from my friend who runs a business dedicated line from office [:/]

Btw, i checked the comprehensive menu of service/admin charges. Assuming that i am reusing my old cable modem (Motorola), the only service charge they can squeeze out of me is the signal activation fee right?

Neutral Newbie

[grin] i never subscribed to digital voice so i guess it is okay for me. At one point in time, i was contemplating Qala but i heard bad comments from my friend who runs a business dedicated line from office [:/]

Used to be on Sing, switched to Qala after much dissatisfaction with ST's service and connection speeds. I had a wonderful experience with Qala, subscribed for 2 years, fast speeds, good customer service as well. [thumbsup]

Switched back to ST after they offered Mio though :mellow:

Used to be on Sing, switched to Qala after much dissatisfaction with ST's service and connection speeds. I had a wonderful experience with Qala, subscribed for 2 years, fast speeds, good customer service as well. [thumbsup]

Switched back to ST after they offered Mio though :mellow:

[dead] Qala has been bought over as a wholly owned subsidiary of m1. Surprise surprise...

Edited by Happily1986
↡ Advertisement