Water marks removal on the windscreen glasses.

EK0405

5th Gear

Bringing this topic up again, as I have noted alot of tough water spots staining the windscreen, especially in those area where the wiper coverage is lacking.

saw in YT, that using the super fine grade 0000 steel wool with soapy water can clean off these tough spots and stains.    Anyone tried?  Comment please.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Cos of covid, I've experimented with those pure alcohol wipes, even those alcohol hand sanitisers, and some of them have removed the water spots brilliantly. Maybe mine aren't those hardcore stains yet but they do work well enough.

Looks like covid isn't the only stuff it removes. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 5/6/2022 at 2:29 PM, Micb said:

Bringing this topic up again, as I have noted alot of tough water spots staining the windscreen, especially in those area where the wiper coverage is lacking.

saw in YT, that using the super fine grade 0000 steel wool with soapy water can clean off these tough spots and stains.    Anyone tried?  Comment please.

Thanks.

Glass polish cerium oxide. 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

try use clay bar and lots of soapy water. it helps.

Thanks, perhaps the light abrasive nature of the claybar helps too

11 hours ago, Invigorated said:

Cos of covid, I've experimented with those pure alcohol wipes, even those alcohol hand sanitisers, and some of them have removed the water spots brilliantly. Maybe mine aren't those hardcore stains yet but they do work well enough.

Looks like covid isn't the only stuff it removes. 

This method is the simplest to try out, 😄.   Will use some alcohol based wipes to try out.

9 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Glass polish cerium oxide. 

Thanks, is the cerium oxide key ingredient in those off the shelf glass oil film or stains cleaner? Or how to get it?

Supersonic
On 5/6/2022 at 2:29 PM, Micb said:

Thanks.

If you have some Kao color bleach (liquid form), you can try this first.

2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

If you have some Kao color bleach (liquid form), you can try this first.

Ok, I have bleach at home, will try it as well. Thanks

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Micb said:

Ok, I have bleach at home, will try it as well. Thanks

Don't use regular (chlorine) bleach. Use Kao color bleach, which is oxygen bleach.

↡ Advertisement