Springs and Shocks Together?

Darryn

To all the knowledgeable bro and sis,

My car's shocks are starting to leak, and I need to start considering replacing them.

I was thinking of replacing the springs at the same time with a set that is slightly lower and maybe a tad harder to give the car better handling.

This is a Wish, so it doesn't need anything fantastic, just a small improvement would be enough - I would also need to sneak it past the FC who would veto any drastic performance mods.

Was just tinking that while got the car in pieces for shocks, may as well do springs as well and save on labour...

Thoughts?

↡ Advertisement

Hi bro, why don't you look at a set of coil-overs ?

This would solve your spring+shock issue.

Depending on which model you get,

can be adjusted for Damping(Hardness) and Height

Hi bro, why don't you look at a set of coil-overs ?

This would solve your spring+shock issue.

Depending on which model you get,

can be adjusted for Damping(Hardness) and Height

I can adjust the height myself? Would be good to lower the car by around 3 cm - stiffen up just a little would be good (less roll, better turn in)

If I did this should I also go for the front end stiffening bar thingy that can be put in engine bay?

I can adjust the height myself? Would be good to lower the car by around 3 cm - stiffen up just a little would be good (less roll, better turn in)

If I did this should I also go for the front end stiffening bar thingy that can be put in engine bay?

Just go for aftermarket gas shock absorber with lowered spring safe money for other things like strut bar,anti roll bar and braces.. [thumbsup]

On budget, go for koni shocks plus lowered springs, stiffness and height adjustable, then get front strut bar and rear anti roll bar for better handling. Perhaps you can go JB to get , labor is cheap too.

On budget, go for koni shocks plus lowered springs, stiffness and height adjustable, then get front strut bar and rear anti roll bar for better handling. Perhaps you can go JB to get , labor is cheap too.

Sure on budget - wifey woman already scold for drive too fast.

How much we talking about here? And the changes should not be obvious when driving casually, if suddenly turn from relatively smooth into STi like ride then die lor, sure will get whacked big time...strut front and anti roll rear is good idea - stiffen things up abit without too much adverse effect on ride...

Edited by Darryn

Where can get height adjustable Koni shock absorbers locally beside JB ??? what's the price like ???

Thanks.

Bro your car still so new so if you are only changing the shock absorber, you don't need to change the springs. There will be minimal effect and I don't think you will feel the difference unless you want to change ride height which your OC will immediately notice. If you want to have difference in damping stiffness you can try KYB's AGX range but I am not too sure if they have products for Wish.

Yup. Coilovers very hard, even if u put the settings to the softest. If u on a budget, just change to new shocks and retain ur original springs but put spring stiffeners. It wil b a tad hard. But dun expect miracles like heaven ans earth. To me, tis way meets ur expectations perfectly.

Neutral Newbie

What kind of car are we talking about here? Sorry if I missed in the posts above.

I wouldn't waste your money on chassis stiffeners...unless you like the look of them. Best bang for the buck would be a good shock (adjustable or not) and depending on the type of car, either sport springs or +1 or +2 wheels and tires, the shorter sidewall will help eliminate the roll of a taller tire.

Neutral Newbie

any idea how much does an oem shock cost? Im on aftermarket spring, thinking of changing to koni shock but wanna retain comfort.

does the price differ alot compare oem and koni?

For OEM shock can check with stockist on price. Most of the time it is not worth to go back to OEM due to the high pricing.

If you have changed to aftermarket springs, most likely the spring rate is higher so you have already compromised on comfort. It is thus important that the shock can handle the spring rate and its valving characteristics is tailored for cushy ride.

Best to check on what an aftermarket equivalent to your OEM shock is and then read up more on whether it is suitable for your needs.