Change engine oil at Autobacs?

Babyt

$98 buck for engine oil change and 12pts check.

the same price i paid for another shop at ex-eunos garage there.

Pardon me.. What is 12pts check?

12 points check means checking other parts of your car such as your brake fluid level, radiator water level, transmission fluid, blah blah blah. Normally the mechanics don't check. Just a marketing gimmick.

• Praise 1

Price is pretty resonable. How long will depends on when you send your car, best is when they just open for biz at around 11pm. Otherwise you will be in the queue and sometimes can be a few hours.

I usaully go to the bukit batok one, very busy, and the lounge CMI, nothing in there just a few sofa. I usaully leave my car there and go back to my office as it's nearby, and go back to collect it later.

However, I do feel bringing the car to a smaller workshop, the service is much more personal, the mechanic can remember your car and what he has done to it before. But my mechanic close shop so I LL send my car to autobac as not sure which workshop is good.

• Praise 1

Damn i just paid $130 for a engine oil change and dunno what flush thing he did to my engine supposedly to 'clean' the engine.

Am i conned ?

What engine oil did you use?

lol.. I haven tried Autobacs as my impression of them is bad. But I guess it's still better than going to BM for servicing..

i think if u buy toyota now..they offer new customers an option to change engine oil at $90 every visit.

actually, its just change of engine oil, drain and refill...so i dont see why autobacs or anyone doing it will be bad. its sld be a basic skill for technician.

i think if u buy toyota now..they offer new customers an option to change engine oil at $90 every visit.

actually, its just change of engine oil, drain and refill...so i dont see why autobacs or anyone doing it will be bad. its sld be a basic skill for technician.

5 months ago, when I purchased this 2nd hand Altis. 1 week before its warrenty was over, went over to BM.. Somehow they managed to persuade me to pay over $3XX on servicing.. Crap.

BM servicing is really crap.Everytime I go,neva fail to disappoint me.UBI and Leng Kee branch all the same.After talking to a colleague of mine who own a Civic before,now a Insight,he said Kah Motor servicing much cheaper,the most 200 plus for major servicing.BM charged 368 for major servicing,everything tick and tick.don't know got check a not.I heard Tan Chong not bad,my uncle Cabstar now 40k on odo,send in still free servicing.

Edited by Passion