The New Volkswagen Polo

Laserjet

May I ask how you guys sit in the car. While 1.9m (6"3) is fairly tall by Singapore Standard, its fairly average in Germany where the VW cars is build. Got a big German guy about 6'4 from my company was ask how come Germany build such small cars like GOLF when the European are so big. He said the GOLF fit him like a charm. Just nice.

Clarkson, the big fat curly hair guy from Top Gear also didn't have problem fitting into minis.

Conti and Asian ppl are a bit different lah...

Asian like to have big space. But conti ppl like to be in a cosy enviorment.

↡ Advertisement

i think no need top up. they cap it at 15k. anything more, they absorbed. if less, got rebate.. IF I'M NOT WRONG

I see most ADs offering 13k for COE rebate............

seems that VW is more than willing to give upfront discounts, even if you haven't book the car yet...plus can already upfront give you free gifts if you bother to ask for it...

this thing i dun see coming from Skoda...and they still have the cheek to price the Octavia 1.4TSI 122bhp the same price as the Sirocco 1.4GT 160bhp...

when i saw the POLO on the road, i thought it was almost Golf Sized...that said, the Golf is too small a car for me...but POLO shouldn't be any smaller right?

the 1.2TSI coming next year will also be on both 3/5 door i think...

to the 1.9m guy, i don't even think the S-Class LWB will even suit you...i don't think you will be able to stretch out your legs even in such cars...plus your head will be touching the roof-lining!! Get yourself an Alphard/ Vellfire if you really need the space then!!

are you sure about the 1.4L octavia pricing? list price of 1.4L scirocco is about $100K. with $2-3K discounts, it will still be close to $100K. the octavia should be about $90K or less after discounts?

Edited by Jamesgetz

Yup, rebate level is $15k for Cat A, $16k for Cat B before this round of COE. Anything less, they rebate. Anything more, they absorb.

Their profit margin is enough to stop u from getting 'top up' nightmares, don't worry :)

are you sure about the 1.4L octavia pricing? list price of 1.4L scirocco is about $100K. with $2-3K discounts, it will still be close to $100K. the octavia should be about $90K or less after discounts?

Skoda 1.4 Octivia is price at Jetta 1.4 Twin charge price lah... given this price, who will buy octivia?? they are screwing themself.

skoda dun hv discounts as far as i can remember...

Octavia Combi 1.4TSI 122bhp is $95,900

VW Sirocco 1.4TSI 160bhp is $100,900-3k...

ask skoda go die la...they have no reason to carry on dealerships here in singapore...

do you all know that an equivalent spec Ford Focus in UK is priced 1,000pound more than an equivalent VW Golf 2.0TDI??

however, when it comes to singapore market, it's the Golf that is out of reach to many...

the Focus in the UK market is still regarded as the best-in-class handler...Golf Mk6 is still 2nd best...

i think no need top up. they cap it at 15k. anything more, they absorbed. if less, got rebate.. IF I'M NOT WRONG

So u guys oso got the COE oredi??And when the collection of the car..my SE told Jan 2010 but dunno when as he said will mit mi again tis end dec.. [;)]

however, when it comes to singapore market, it's the Golf that is out of reach to many...

the Focus in the UK market is still regarded as the best-in-class handler...Golf Mk6 is still 2nd best...

This is the part when someone will come along & said, cannot compare us from other country & list reason a-z.

You can get the fiat 500 for less than 10k sterling in U.K, but come to Singapore 90k SGP!.

But I think the same can be said of Golf....

To be fair, I think handling is not critical in low speed, start stop city roads like Singapore.

I think a car like Polo is a very good & practical car for our roads. Whats important here is comfort, easy to maneuver (usually means small). Maybe a little torque at the low rev for overtaking & some subtle spirited drive.

Edited by Kiadaw

Neutral Newbie

hey anyone has an idea how much it would cost for an OPC polo? Really falling in love with it.. but pockets abit small.. u think chinese new year got promo?

Edited by kim8999

However, if i remember correctly, They did not advertise their Polo as Ncap 5 Star, so i believe they are not deceiving the customer with that kind of information. My Sis-in-law just bought the car yesterday, the SE never once mention that the car is NCAP 5 star.

that's a major pet peeve i have with local car adverts... alot boasting abt NCAP when the version sold doesn't come with full safety specs used in NCAP testing. if someone could teach me how, i'll certainly start a campaign to ban all these adverts...

So buying a Jazz at 69K is not cutting throats for buyer while buying a car Polo at 63K is?? [hur]

So what if their Profit margin is high? buying a more expensive car at lower profit margin mean you got bigger hole in the pocket.

when u buy car dun look at buying price just.... also need to consider selling (scrap) value.. the jap with higher omv (ie: higher paper value) + better future resale value makes sense from financial point.

May I ask how you guys sit in the car. While 1.9m (6"3) is fairly tall by Singapore Standard, its just maybe slightly above average in Germany where the VW cars is build. Got a big German guy about 6'4 from my company was ask how come Germany build such small cars like GOLF when the European are so big. He said the GOLF fit him like a charm. Just nice.

Clarkson, the big fat curly hair guy from Top Gear also didn't have problem fitting into minis.

i am 1.98m i can fit nicely to a golf no problem cos all depend on how u sit and how u drive.

tried once at those shopping centre roadshow a picanto also no problem onli if no 1 seats behind me. problem is when coming out. my wife laugh her head off.giant from a small car.

cos at that time i driving a presea so she amazed i can fit a pic.