Unethical Property agents ..........

Piyopico

A good fren of mine is an agent and we had a short chat recently.

I thought he was closing lots of transactions as the property market has been good the last 4 to 5 months. He told me the market for HDB flats is very difficult if you serve buyers.

The agents representing the sellers do not want to co-broke with the buyers' agent. They want to earn the full 3%. What happens is that they will quote a ridiculous 50K cash over valuation to a potential buyer with an agent however if the buyer does not have an agent they will quote something like 20K cash over valuation.

The seller does not know this is happening. Am told 70% of sellers' agents do this ............. true or not we wont know but do take note of such practices by many agents ............. This is surely not in the best interest of the seller.

[thumbsdown]

Edited by Piyopico
↡ Advertisement

Anyway, I wouldn't pay 3% to someone which I can DIY ^_^ . Just pay $25 to HDB and you can learn everything.

can teach us if you dont mind

i need to make up for my lost

thinking of paying up my loan and move to somewhere closer to town so can give up on maintenaning a car

thanks

Anyway, I wouldn't pay 3% to someone which I can DIY ^_^ . Just pay $25 to HDB and you can learn everything.

[/quote

the problem for DIYis you face problem finding direct buyer or seller.

i did tried to DIY myself in selling off my flat but most of the enquires came from agent.

in the end, sold my house to agent but only pay 1% commission.

A good fren of mine is an agent and we had a short chat recently.

I thought he was closing lots of transactions as the property market has been good the last 4 to 5 months. He told me the market for HDB flats is very difficult if you serve buyers.

The agents representing the sellers do not want to co-broke with the buyers' agent. They want to earn the full 3%. What happens is that they will quote a ridiculous 50K cash over valuation to a potential buyer with an agent however if the buyer does not have an agent they will quote something like 20K cash over valuation.

The seller does not know this is happening. Am told 70% of sellers' agents do this ............. true or not we wont know but do take note of such practices by many agents ............. This is surely not in the best interest of the seller.

[thumbsdown]

maybe that is real reason for increasing COV. [lipsrsealed]

can teach us if you dont mind

i need to make up for my lost

thinking of paying up my loan and move to somewhere closer to town so can give up on maintenaning a car

thanks

pls pml me if you interested.... i can share with you.

That's the problem with greedy Singaporeans. Everything also want to earn until kau kau.

I used to be an agent. Practices like these make me fed up and decide that it's not worth all the trouble.

Actually i recently bought my resale flat..

I agree the seller agent sometimes quite bad...my agent is a friend so it's ok...

The seller's agent however, was supposed to co-broke with his colleague because the house was his colleague's client, he just tahan because not free...guess what, after he closed the deal...he told my agent not to tell his colleague so he can earn 100% of the commission...to do that to your colleague who is the original agent is just bad IMO...but no damage to me la...i still pay my agent her commission as per normal...

But COV these days quite high..no choice also..i started out at 20k, then bid with another 2 buyers until 35k then i got it haha...at least this one not agent anyhow say...the other buyers were there with me bidding like auction like that...someone else DID outbid me but that was 2 sec after the seller said ok so too bad..

property agents r not regulated... so there is no ethic...

alot r uneducated CAB cannot find job as white colour so be property agent...

as for a ladies... heard alot open legs to close deal...

e.g a rich man want to buy a 5mil property

he is going to pay a commission anw

y not engage a lady agent n negotiate a 'extra service'

n the lady agent wants the $... dun mind a ons is its a secret...

and it will be a secret coz the rich man wun want ppl to know too..

so win win situation..

its really a scandalous industry...

so win win situation..

ooo... saw some pics of young and chio [gorgeous] real estate agents in distributed flyers. will consider them in the future when i buy a property [sly]

ooo... saw some pics of young and chio [gorgeous] real estate agents in distributed flyers. will consider them in the future when i buy a property [sly]

onli 5M n above need apply................ [laugh]

so win win situation..

what you say might be happening but the way you say it, i dont think is right. In fact i think you dont deserve any respect for insulting the ladies.

Neutral Newbie

so win win situation..

Bro, dun be mistaken. Buyers dun pay comm to agents who deal with pte/landed properties. Unless u talkin abt a 5mil HDB or under special situations of co-broking which wldnt be a secret anymore. Probably u heard all tis in a "well" or maybe the ppl who told u tis tinks that u are veri gullible. I hav seen more women havin ONS becos of rich guys driving exotic cars, paying for the night's drinks in clubs etc. Dun always listen to ppl, hav a mind of ur own & find out for urself........If not, watch more TV.....on second tots, maybe u shldnt watch too much TV.

BTW, do u knw that the world is ending in the year 2012? Everybody is talkin abt it, U KNOW?

what you say might be happening but the way you say it, i dont think is right. In fact i think you dont deserve any respect for insulting the ladies.

i agree if there is no proof it is really an insult to our female agents who are hard working

i agree if there is no proof it is really an insult to our female agents who are hard working

but no1 said that all female agents are like that.

↡ Advertisement