THE SPOILED UNDER-30 CROWD!!! just for laughs

City100a

THE SPOILED UNDER-30 CROWD!!!

If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school every morning.... Uphill... barefoot... BOTH ways Yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!

And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen!

Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take, like, a week to get there!

Stamps were 10 cents!

Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!

There were no MP3' s or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone. Cause - that's how we rolled, dig?

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!

When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... forever!

And you could never win.

The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel!

NO REMOTES!!!

There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-b------ds!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove! Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980 or before!

Regards,

The Over 30 Crowd

(Send this to someone you'd like to make smile, Whether they are under 30 or not.)

↡ Advertisement

THE SPOILED UNDER-30 CROWD!!!

If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school every morning.... Uphill... barefoot... BOTH ways Yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!

And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen!

Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take, like, a week to get there!

Stamps were 10 cents!

Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!

There were no MP3' s or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone. Cause - that's how we rolled, dig?

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!

When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... forever!

And you could never win.

The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel!

NO REMOTES!!!

There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-b------ds!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove! Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980 or before!

Regards,

The Over 30 Crowd

(Send this to someone you'd like to make smile, Whether they are under 30 or not.)

Yes dad [laugh]

TS is obviously one-sided.

There are so many factors that work against ppl of my gen too.

1. KBE make it a must for us to have high qualifications. Hence we are under huge pressure in our education system.

2. My gen must compete with the FTs when we go out and work in the near future. And those Ah tiongs come in many types, mind you, from uneducated to educated to the extremely educated. Hence our economic prospects are worse off.

3. Its because we have too much cartoons now that's why scientists are arguing that the new generations would have a tendency to be more "dull" and "unanimated".

4. Though we have modern computer games, many of us do engage in physical sports like basketball and soccer as well.

5. Household violence is not the problem of today. But does that mean that "child protection services" are protecting us from stress and the like?

6. Not everyone has microwaves today. I still steam up my food whenever I need to heat them up.

In conclusion, different generations are equipped with different sets of abilities and challenges. Like life, as you progress through it, you find different blessings and challenges along your way.

Edited by Alfisti168

TS is obviously one-sided.

There are so many factors that work against ppl of my gen too.

1. KBE make it a must for us to have high qualifications. Hence we are under huge pressure in our education system.

2. My gen must compete with the FTs when we go out and work in the near future. And those Ah tiongs come in many types, mind you, from uneducated to educated to the extremely educated. Hence our economic prospects are worse off.

3. Its because we have too much cartoons now that's why scientists are arguing that the new generations would have a tendency to be more "dull" and "unanimated".

4. Though we have modern computer games, many of us do engage in physical sports like basketball and soccer as well.

5. Household violence is not the problem of today. But does that mean that "child protection services" are protecting us from stress and the like?

6. Not everyone has microwaves today. I still steam up my food whenever I need to heat them up.

In conclusion, different generations are equipped with different sets of abilities and challenges. Like life, as you progress through it, you find different blessings and challenges along your way.

ai yah this is meant to be humor

cut and paste from email

relax bro

i am trying to look for something over 30's but have not found it yet

anyone has a compilation please do post it here

thanks

Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe! <-- not applicable to SG..or most places in Asia as a matter of fact..

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would come undone. Cause - that's how we rolled, dig? <-- i still use the tape recorder/player when i was a kid..all the way until early 2001 then i had a CD player..

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... forever! <-- i played on the Atari system too..still can remember my favourite..the very very first super mario. It has stages 1-1 all the way til 8-8....and i could never get past 1-4..lol

There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-b------ds! <--i had to wait til every sunday to watch my fav TV show as well..which happens to be Doraemon..and that's the only day when i can wake up early without parent's nagging..

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove! Imagine that! <--even now, i still use stove to heat my food up..and the stove still use those manual spark-plug instead of electrical ones we have nowadays..

And i'm only 23.. =/ [laugh]

If the youth today are CMI, it is also partly the fault of the generation that raised them :D First off, discipline is no longer correctly enforced in schools and in many homes, and therein lies the root cause of all the teenage problems that mature into CMI under-30s. Example, I was reading the news today where a psychologist commented that in dealing with teenage delinquents (my own term, not in the news!), we should learn to listen to them non-judgementally. And here I was thinking, if you don't "judge", how is the young feller going to know what is right and what is wrong?? Expect him or her to conclude on his or her own? Now if that was possible, we don't need counsellors and psychologists anymore, would we?

It's not that life now is much harder, although this line has been repeated so often that it becomes accepted as the truth. 20 years ago there were also foreigners in competition with our students - and the bottomline is still the same... those who work harder will succeed - whatever success means to each individual. Those who slack too much, and want to enjoy life first, will fall by the wayside - whether they realise it or not.

20 years ago, one of my teachers was already telling the class, "There is no free lunch in singapore", and this still rings true nowadays.

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement