PR households own a total of 42,800 HDB flats or 2 Pasir Ris

Ticklish8

Some interesting FACT. What does it mean?

PR own HDB equivalent to 2 Bukit Panjang or Pasir Ris town... That WHY so crowded!!!!!! [sweatdrop]

As at 30 Jun 2009, there were about 533,000 PRs in Singapore, making up 14.3% of Singapore's total resident population. PR households own a total of 42,800 HDB flats as at 30 Jun 2009. This constitutes slightly under 5% (4.9%) of all HDB households. PR households are found in all HDB towns/estates.

HDB has increased the BTO supply to 5,000 flats in the last quarter of this year. If we include the recent Sale of Balance Flats (Oct 09), HDB will offer over 7,000 flats in 3 months, and a total of 13,500 flats in 2009. This is about half the number of flats in Bukit Panjang or Pasir Ris town. At this rate, HDB would have offered enough flats to fill another Bukit Panjang or Pasir Ris in just two years.

↡ Advertisement

It is time to stop this stifling influx of PRs/FTs. They are driving up the cost of HDB flats and with it higher property tax. It's so crowded everywhere. SGPs must wake up to this prob before it becomes irreversible.

but our ah gong likes to invite pr to come live in spore mah. we can do nothing abt it. like for me...been trying to get a flat for some time now...but if all the cash these prs r forking out...no way m i getting 1 anytime soon. the govt is inviting prs in...n driving locals out. a lot of ppl r really considering baliing out of this country.

My place is filled with lot of indian PR.During afternoon and evening time can see lots of their mom and kids gather around the playground. Although HDB control the max number of race allocated for each blk of flat ownership, they did not control the type of race that allowed to be rental out. Since there is a indian temple just accross the road, within this 2 years, my area become flooded with all the indian PR here. Soon it may become the next mini little india street

My place is filled with lot of indian PR.During afternoon and evening time can see lots of their mom and kids gather around the playground. Although HDB control the max number of race allocated for each blk of flat ownership, they did not control the type of race that allowed to be rental out. Since there is a indian temple just accross the road, within this 2 years, my area become flooded with all the indian PR here. Soon it may become the next mini little india street

I believe the current HDB racial quota is one that specifies the minimum number of minority races and not a max.

It is time to stop this stifling influx of PRs/FTs. They are driving up the cost of HDB flats and with it higher property tax. It's so crowded everywhere. SGPs must wake up to this prob before it becomes irreversible.

do you think government is crazy to stop the influx? Those PR are the most generous customer of HDB flats... paying top range prices without batting a eyelid. Which indirectly leads to higher prices for new flats.

I'm not saying anything without facts.... i personally know of a few PR friends paying crazy prices even at ulu places. to them, the price range is "normal"

anyway they will be going back to their own country for retirement living on HDB rental income. at least that is the plan for now

Honestly don't know. Wouldn't be a bad idea though - should have a healthy co-mingling of minority PRs and majority (natural-born) Singaporeans to promote integration of the former.

Of course, some people are not against PRs per se, just against certain races. This kind of vermin must be put in their place. Not referring to you.

this influx and overcrowded have seriously bothered me...together with the cpf goalposts keep shifting and shifting...its in plan to make retirement age at 67 yrs old..and an ever increasing min sum....sorry but this bull is not for me....looks like leaving this place is the only way i wil see my cpf money! damn!

I personally quite turn off with PRs taking over resale flats. But.. what can we do? =p

One plus point is that PRs are unable to buy new flats.

One minus point is that there aren't enough new flats for Sporeans. =P

Anyway i believe such policy will backfired one day. Yes it help to solve the problem, only in short run and temporarily.

Nothing new here, temporary solutions such as 'Stop at Two' policy and now that leads to our own version of globalisation. Singapore is now a global village - playing host to all foreigners, and soon we will be serving them.

↡ Advertisement