Getting my driving license.

Torquemonster

I am getting my driving license, anyone know if i can get my driving license if i am excessively shortsighted? [:/] i can only see clearly with my glasses on. One of my friend says that it takes longer for a shortsighted person to get a license.

What sort of eyesight test do they do when getting a driving license? [confused]

↡ Advertisement

I am getting my driving license, anyone know if i can get my driving license if i am excessively shortsighted? [:/] i can only see clearly with my glasses on. One of my friend says that it takes longer for a shortsighted person to get a license.

What sort of eyesight test do they do when getting a driving license? [confused]

colorblind test only.

shortsightedness is not an issue.

Always keep a pair of spectacles as spare in your car after you get your driving licence and buy a car.

Always keep a pair of spectacles as spare in your car after you get your driving licence and buy a car.

yea, i agree to it. all you need to have a good degree of spectacles with you when taking the eyes test and while driving.

Neutral Newbie

Just put on your glasses.

If short sighted cannot drive, then only 15-20% of our population can drive.

Even the airforce allow those with low myopic problem to become pilot.

Well i'm extremely short sighted and i have a driver's license from singapore, the army and overseas. so trust me when i say u will haf no problems as long as u're using prescription glasses. That is unless u really cant drive. [drivingcar]

pardon my ignorance, i have heard that people who wear glasses cannot beomce a pilot, but i cannot understand why people who wear glasses cannot become a pilot.. whats the reason behind it? :mellow:

pardon my ignorance, i have heard that people who wear glasses cannot beomce a pilot, but i cannot understand why people who wear glasses cannot become a pilot.. whats the reason behind it? :mellow:

Pilot requirements are no easy feet. Probably flying in the skies and having hundreds of lives in your hands make the requirements stricter.

i tought it test on colour and sight...

but then u will ask to use glasses and non glasses for the test

by the way as advices by our dear forums.. do drive safety at all times and have extra glasses in the car when u have one

i tought it test on colour and sight...

but then u will ask to use glasses and non glasses for the test

by the way as advices by our dear forums.. do drive safety at all times and have extra glasses in the car when u have one

but i am extremely short sighted, so everything i see is blury without my glasses.