TOP PSLE pupil...

RadX

...is an ah tiong... [thumbsup]

I feel they come from a long way and they are more motivated to do better

THIS year's top student in the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) could barely speak any English when she moved here from China in 2006 with her family.

Qiu Biqing, 13, from Qifa Primary School, achieved an aggregate score of 290, with four A*s and a Distinction in Higher Chinese.

Her father, Mr Qiu Guo Hua, 45, is a research fellow at the National University of Singapore, and her mother, Madam Xie Xiaojin, 42, is a research assistant there. They both work in a physiology lab.

The top Indian pupil this year is Muhammad Saad Siddiqui from Anglo-Chinese School (Primary), and the top Malay pupil is Syafiqah Nabilah Bte Shamshera from Raffles Girls' Primary School.

Biqing said that she improved her English by reading a lot, and not being afraid to speak aloud even if she made mistakes.

She has a place in Raffles Girls' School through the Direct Schools Admission process and hopes to become a lawyer or a novelist.

↡ Advertisement

It has been a long time since the TOP PSLE students has been a local. Just look at our local uni. How many % are foreigners now. I can easily name 10 countries from the students I know in SMU.

China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam, India, Korea, South Africa and Philipines. [thumbsup]

Here's another article:

Most of the top PSLE students from neighbourhood schools

Posted: 26 November 2009 1538 hrs

SINGAPORE: This year's top PSLE student is Qiu Biqing from Qifa Primary School. She had an aggregate score of 290.

Six other top PSLE students are also from neighbourhood schools. They include South View, Greenridge, Gongshang and Rulang.

It took a few glances at the result slip before reality sank in for Qiu Biqing.

She said:

[bounce1][bounce1][bounce1] Remember all the complains about this years PSLE Maths Question? If some ppl can get 290... what does it says? lolx... Who is those that are complaining the maths paper are hard?

[bounce1][bounce1][bounce1] Remember all the complains about this years PSLE Maths Question? If some ppl can get 290... what does it says? lolx... Who is those that are complaining the maths paper are hard?

Maths paper hard I sure flunk one! I'm NOT smarter than a 5th grader... [blush]

ah tiong parents are intellect type, no surprise

agree, to be a research fellow, you must be a PhD holder.. research assistant at least of Bachelor...

Hard for 12 yrs old, but chicken feet for 13s.

But she know nuts abt english when she study here, not ez for her as well. I feel its a fair competition

But she know nuts abt english when she study here, not ez for her as well. I feel its a fair competition

people sour grape mah.. try asking him to go china study.. everything in CHINESE.. he sure fails big time one..

↡ Advertisement