Modest Yr end payment....

RadX

Still got 13 month...bah [sweatdrop]

SINGAPORE: Civil servants will receive a one-off year-end payment of 0.25 month, capped at $750. This is in addition to the 13th month payment.

The Public Service Division said that the one-off payment is being made as there will be no Annual Variable Component (AVC) payment for 2009.

It said in a news release that rank and file staff will get the full 0.25 month payment while the $750 cap will help maintain wage restraint

The PSD added that the one-off payment is in line with the call by the Tripartite Partners(employers, unions and government) to acknowledge employees

↡ Advertisement

13th mth is covered under labour law wat. nothing to cheer about. 0.25 mth of bonus cap at $750. this is nothing to those super scale and minister level pple. still bring hm abt $1.5m/yr. wat about the lower reaches ones? [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

General sentiments of the public eyes, an assumption.

ISA go away.

"Sacrifice the small fishes to let the public have a false impression, but the big fishes dun mind the reduction of small worms when they have bigger catch every month."

"Maybe next april, the big fishes will get a big performance worm for reducing SO MANY worms payout for the OCEAN."

1 month = 4 weeks

1 year = 52 weeks

Therefore, 1 year = (52 / 4) = 13 months. Not really a bonus.

It's annual wage supplement. By right, it's your entitlement. By left, ............. [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

General sentiments of the public eyes, an assumption.

ISA go away.

"Sacrifice the small fishes to let the public have a false impression, but the big fishes dun mind the reduction of small worms when they have bigger catch every month."

"Maybe next april, the big fishes will get a big performance worm for reducing SO MANY worms payout for the OCEAN."

Not fair! The big fishes should be sacrificing their bonuses for the little fishes! Not the other way around as it probably is. BOOOOOOO!!!! [furious]

Your siggy, "to punish and enslave".

Is it a sticker on your car? I saw a matt black EX with the wording today at UBI.

Nope! I don't drive an EX and even if I did, I wouldn't do it in matt black.

Those are the wordings on 'Barricade', my fave character in the Transformers movie! It's a parody of the "To Protect and To Serve" motto of the police force in America. I found that extremely cool, and because I am forever a Decepticon fan, I thought it to be a very befitting slogan on a car as cool as the 'Stang [cool]

TO PUNISH AND ENSLAVE!!! [bounce1]

1 month = 4 weeks

1 year = 52 weeks

Therefore, 1 year = (52 / 4) = 13 months. Not really a bonus.

It's annual wage supplement. By right, it's your entitlement. By left, ............. [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

what to do when you are in a country that do not believe in minimum wage...

and the result is free market... local people with families competing with foreigners who are living in a shared flat for that miserable salary.

13th mth is covered under labour law wat. nothing to cheer about. 0.25 mth of bonus cap at $750. this is nothing to those super scale and minister level pple. still bring hm abt $1.5m/yr. wat about the lower reaches ones? [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

13th mth is not covered under labour law, by the way. There are many companies out there who don't pay 13th month

13th mth is not covered under labour law, by the way. There are many companies out there who don't pay 13th month

then too bad, why din you work for a company that pay 13th mth? my neighbour works in brewery industry.. her bonus is usually 6-9 months.. even in times of recession, she still can get 6 months bonus..

talking about fairness!

I tell u...if yr end having election, sure many pp will nt opt...if not opp for oppositions....

Low income ones sure kpkb....cos only 0.25mth....pp wif $2k pay, dun even get up to the cap of $750...

Higher income ones(>$3k) will oso kpkb cos capped at $750...

July nvr get any goodies liao...many r expecting a gd one in dec...now all damn disappointed...n buay song...

Many parents will wanna make use of bonues for Xmas, CNY n buy textbooks, sch shoes, sch bags for their kiddos...now all gone to soup liao lo....

Dunno who is the kudo(s) who tot of this new formula(0.25mth n capped at $750)....i salute to him....trying to impress n be innovative???

damn unfair for those earning mid-range salary and below... really have to tahan longer with such bonus payout.. the high earner cfm no effect since their salary already so high.. NB..

damn unfair for those earning mid-range salary and below... really have to tahan longer with such bonus payout.. the high earner cfm no effect since their salary already so high.. NB..

that's wat u get when u got 'scholars'/'smart alecs' who are earning so much that they can't be bothered about how the people at the lower end of the scale is thinking...

they can easily afford a new house or car but those who are at the lower scale may need the money for their daily necessities

Har ? U mean there are companies that give ZERO bonus ????

OMG....get monthly salary nia.

Actually this 1.25 bonus beri little......almost nothing by today's standard. [crazy]

Nope! I don't drive an EX and even if I did, I wouldn't do it in matt black.

Those are the wordings on 'Barricade', my fave character in the Transformers movie! It's a parody of the "To Protect and To Serve" motto of the police force in America. I found that extremely cool, and because I am forever a Decepticon fan, I thought it to be a very befitting slogan on a car as cool as the 'Stang [cool]

TO PUNISH AND ENSLAVE!!! [bounce1]

omg hey, im a fan of that phrase too! Barricade is cool. "To punish and enslave" got plans to matt black my car and put those words on too!!! [thumbsup] evil looking cars must be matt black and have evil catch phrases! [sly]

Edited by Zyrofillica

No need to feel sad for the civil servants..In case you all forget...there is still "preformance bonus' every april which are not reported because these are really variable!! Com 'on, they need to declare to the public they are receiving very little, but when April comes, nobody knows how much bonus they will be getting!!

Neutral Newbie

No need to feel sad for the civil servants..In case you all forget...there is still "preformance bonus' every april which are not reported because these are really variable!! Com 'on, they need to declare to the public they are receiving very little, but when April comes, nobody knows how much bonus they will be getting!!

performance bonus is less den 1 mth... my side is less den half a month...

↡ Advertisement