What is the worst traffic jam you encountered?

Ahtong

In Singapore, I was stuck for 40 mins + on the Telok Blangah viaduct. At that time, the viaduct was only half completed and the narrow exit was blocked by an accident lorry. A tree branch had fallen and crushed the lorry's cabin.

In Beijing, I was stuck 1 hr+ on about 1km of highway. There was no accident, just too many cars and poor road design. Luckily I went to wee wee before the trip. Getting stuck for so long in a stuffy car made me carsick though.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Longest time spent in traffic jam is 8+ hours on the M40 in UK. River Avon burst its banks. Jam was only 2 miles long but only passable to one car at a time if tall enuff. A few cars died halfway so jam even longer. Worse still was high 'tide' and needed to go loo... cannot reverse, cannot go forward. No trees to block so cannot do 'it' roadside either. Major relief when I got thru to the other side and rest stop. arrived at destination 12 hrs after I left.

i watched a documentary on National Geography that a few years back in China, just before the CNY, a sudden snow storm blocked the main highway between the north and the south... many suppliers from the south were stuck in a terrible jam for 5-6 days!

my worst jam was probably at the custom, during the peak period just after MAS escape... think jammed for 2.5-3 hrs

Longest time spent in traffic jam is 8+ hours on the M40 in UK. River Avon burst its banks. Jam was only 2 miles long but only passable to one car at a time if tall enuff. A few cars died halfway so jam even longer. Worse still was high 'tide' and needed to go loo... cannot reverse, cannot go forward. No trees to block so cannot do 'it' roadside either. Major relief when I got thru to the other side and rest stop. arrived at destination 12 hrs after I left.

ever try unzipping ur pants..and then while in a seated postion..

pee into a plastic bag [sweatdrop]

i have..when it was realli urgent..and no toilet around... [sweatdrop]

but u have to make sure ur plastic bag has no extra holes... [sweatdrop]

4 hr of jam during national day eve when coming back to sgp from work in JB. After that, decided to quit the job as can't stand the frequent long hour of jam in causeway even though not public holiday

Neutral Newbie

ha ha. [sweatdrop] no can't say I ever have done it in a plastic bag in the car. Must have been real cannot tahan thing. only army field toilet is the worse for me.

i watched a documentary on National Geography that a few years back in China, just before the CNY, a sudden snow storm blocked the main highway between the north and the south... many suppliers from the south were stuck in a terrible jam for 5-6 days!

my worst jam was probably at the custom, during the peak period just after MAS escape... think jammed for 2.5-3 hrs

thats technically not possible, how to do without sleep for so many days not to mention that the car will run out of fuel

thats technically not possible, how to do without sleep for so many days not to mention that the car will run out of fuel

Yah, that does sound a little far fetched doesn't it?! 5 - 6 days in a jam??!

Generally, I stay clear of jams and prefer not to drive when/where jams are imminent. Worst one I've had the misfortune to be in has gotta be at the causeway. 1+ hours only lah [rolleyes]

The longest traffic jam I have been caught in has got to be in Manila. A route I take from the Hotel to office usually takes me about 10 minutes. This particular day where the road was closed for some minister, it was a 4-5 hour jam. I reached the office in time for lunch.

ha ha. [sweatdrop] no can't say I ever have done it in a plastic bag in the car. Must have been real cannot tahan thing. only army field toilet is the worse for me.

i did it coz the building i went to..the toilets were onli for the tenants..

cant remember which building it was

annd me was unable to hold it anymore [sweatdrop]

so while in the mscp...vehicle stationary...me did the deed [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

and army field toilets ah [sweatdrop]

dun even wan to go near [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

Yah, that does sound a little far fetched doesn't it?! 5 - 6 days in a jam??!

Generally, I stay clear of jams and prefer not to drive when/where jams are imminent. Worst one I've had the misfortune to be in has gotta be at the causeway. 1+ hours only lah [rolleyes]

5-6 days is believeable...

after MSK escape..didn't the lorries going back into malaysia also spent days in the queue? I rem the queue was from woodland's checkpoint, via woodlands rd, up to bt panjang there..

Worst traffic jam must be the one I encountered in year 2000.

Company was in Bedok and I was staying in the west.

At the BKE entrance to PIE (somewhere near the huge satellite receiver), there was a fatal accident involving a motorcyclist. The covered body and wrecked bike spreaded across all the lanes and the entrance needed to be closed.

I was stuck in the traffic for close to 2-3 hours.

India. More than 4 hours on a chaotic highway with lots of construction, road diversion and madcap queue cutting going on. Luckily I wasn't driving, and the aircon in the hired car was working well.

This kind of thing makes one actually appreciate the Causeway jam.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement