Primary one school unifroms/books

Picanto

i understand that these can be bought at the schools. i not sure whether the schools earn $$ from these or not.

is it cheaper to buy outside?

↡ Advertisement

Not worth the effort to buy from outside. Even if you can get books at a cheaper price, you still need to buy the uniform and shoes, name tags, exercise books, teachers publications, files and other school specific items from the school's bookstore.

and btw, Popular bookstore's 5% discount is not usuable for textbooks.

When you buy the school uniform from the school it is not the school that sells you but the vender.

Hence it's the same whether you buy from (in the school) or outside, from what I know it's a fix vendor that sells specific school uniform.

For textbook can always shop around if you don't mind the trouble, but again is the vendor that earn not the school.

Edited by Darthkk

i understand that these can be bought at the schools. i not sure whether the schools earn $$ from these or not.

is it cheaper to buy outside?

Most of the text books can be found at Popular Book Store......

but at times, some of the text books are sold out and the hussle of returning again to buy is quite troublesome. Popular Book carries text books for various schools and as such they stock are limited.

Buy it from school and you can rest assured of complete sets of text books and exercise books...... [nod]

Not worth the effort to buy from outside. Even if you can get books at a cheaper price, you still need to buy the uniform and shoes, name tags, exercise books, teachers publications, files and other school specific items from the school's bookstore.

and btw, Popular bookstore's 5% discount is not usuable for textbooks.

You're misinformed.. Beside if you been a member you should have also some vouchers. Popular bookshop are convenient located in many places, not as though we have to make a special trip. Besides just pass the book list to the staff and you can go and have your lunch and come back later. There are other assessment books you want to buy while you're there.

Edited by Ender

Supercharged

u shd hv the booklist by now. if u find it a hassle to make multiple trips, suggest u order online sch vendor & arrange to collect at sch/deliver to u if available. don't waste yr time to go to sch bkshop & Q unless u intend to go early in the mrng. if u intend to buy during orientation, it wld be worse.

my personal experiences, i did a comparison btween popular website & sch list, then i went down to popular to get it. i just passed the list to the staff indicating the bks that i need. for those exercise bks, report card & what not, i made a separate trip to the sch. observed that price diff (max) for 1 textbk can be as much as $1+.

be warned though, some of those printed on the bklist might not be even available until next yr where u had to make another trip to get fm the sch bkshop.

You're misinformed.. Beside if you been a member you should have also some vouchers. Popular bookshop are convenient located in many places, not as though we have to make a special trip. Besides just pass the book list to the staff and you can go and have your lunch and come back later. There are other assessment books you want to buy while you're there.

Oh yes .. you are correct. The 5% applies to text books.

I got this mixed up with the 20% discount voucher that cannot be used on text books.

Bot the textbooks/exercise books for my ah girl. Abt $120 nia........i think.

Pei Chun got everything under one package.

Ok mah.....so no point running around finding the cheapest ones. Waste time, petrol and parking fee.

If you want to lessen the vendor's earnings, you can opt to collect the books yourself. Save the delivery charge, usually $10 :D

↡ Advertisement