Does rocking/shaking your car allow you to pump more petrol?

Skateboard

Usually I will pump another 1 to 1.5 litres more after the 'auto stop' without shaking the car. I have never tried to pump more in case it overflows.

How does your dad know it can take 5-6L more (and 8 to 9l more in the previous car)? Can he actually see the petrol level in the fuel tank?

Yes after auto stop then pull out the pump fill abit by abit until u can see the petrol. Thats about 1L-1.5L extra at most
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

No such thing la. Remember liquid fill up the space. Normally if i want to pump full will pump abit abit until to the brim. No need shake la. Where got 8L lol at most 500ml diff

Some that has high traffic doesnt need pay deposit can pay to attendant st8 away

I just opened a UOB saving acct in malayisa. First deposit is RM$2K. every month must have balance (I think rm$20). Every year service fee is rm$9

They will give u a debit card, pin number and internet banking. Can use Singapore mobile to register otp (UOB better than Maybank in term of online internet banking security)

At Malaysia petrol kiosk, just insert the card, key in pin, pump n go. Don't even need to inform anyone. Very convenient.

U can transfer money from Singapore posb to Malaysia account few days before your travel. Free service. No service fee. Exchange rate almost the same as money changer.

Can use the debit credit card in malaysia department store or hotel. Don't need to carry so much cash.

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 2

Who pumps petrol with engine on... 

From the time it stop he look at how much petrol pumped. Then after he's done filling it he look at the final amount pumped to determine the extra he managed to get in lo.

I suppose he does that by looking at the level of fuel in the petrol tank, just in case it overflows? I haven't really tried too hard, but I seem to think it is kind of hard to see the fuel level, right?

Twincharged
(edited)

I suppose he does that by looking at the level of fuel in the petrol tank, just in case it overflows? I haven't really tried too hard, but I seem to think it is kind of hard to see the fuel level, right?

If too dark to see then he use the emergency torchlight in the car. But now most of us should have a flashlight on the phone.

Edited by Nzy

Supersonic

I used to think cannot save much also. So always tell my dad not to do it cuz its embarrassing. He proved me wrong. So just let him continue doing it although I still won't do it myself. I guess different car different amount cuz after he changed car, only can get around 5-6L more.

I pump diesel in Sg, also the uncle shake the van, but it was more of a "fill to the next round number of litres", since they charge by litres (whole number).

I didn't think, in my case, can fit about 5-6L more.

Turbocharged

I just opened a UOB saving acct in malayisa. First deposit is RM$2K. every month must have balance (I think rm$20). Every year service fee is rm$9

They will give u a debit card, pin number and internet banking. Can use Singapore mobile to register otp (UOB better than Maybank in term of online internet banking security)

At Malaysia petrol kiosk, just insert the card, key in pin, pump n go. Don't even need to inform anyone. Very convenient.

U can transfer money from Singapore posb to Malaysia account few days before your travel. Free service. No service fee. Exchange rate almost the same as money changer.

Can use the debit credit card in malaysia department store or hotel. Don't need to carry so much cash.

One thing.. From July onwards all MY issued cards need to enter pin during purchase. Signatures are not accepted.

Foreign cards still okay

Turbocharged

One thing.. From July onwards all MY issued cards need to enter pin during purchase. Signatures are not accepted.

Foreign cards still okay

i kinda like this "PIN" thing. Much more safer, dont need to worry about losing the card to theft.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

No it won't but if you tilt it to the correct side you can get a liiiiiiitle bit more into the tank cause tanks are usually not symmetrical in shape.

Rocking his Car with Parking Brake off..earn a few Litres of cheap petrol,later Auto gearbox Repair costed more.. [bigcry] ..stupid Idiot.

Agree putting more stress on the gearbox just to fill in 1-2 litre more
↡ Advertisement