Does rocking/shaking your car allow you to pump more petrol?

Skateboard

Two cents.

Unlikely to cause damage because

1) cars here can be kept for max 10 years only anyway unless you renew coe

2) I do this in jb only meaning that after pumping I still need to drive athe least 10 km to cross border to singapore which means within a short time the fuel will not be at brim

3) but I do agree to damage to paint work but again, revert to point 1.

Two cents

Thanks, that's reassuring.

I like to fill to the brim, even in SG...as notice sometimes can top up another 5L or even up to 9L (depends on car model).

Also like to monitor the estimated RANGE to empty after a full full tank!

So far no problems/issues.

↡ Advertisement

as long as they dont cheat, steal or rob others for the money i really dont mind..

Singapore Also "Boleh" anything in the small tin can of whatever 50L-60L capacity

We are the best "goyang-ers" (shakers)

yesterday came back from KL via 2nd link ; Somebody must do a news report that only (maybe) We might be the only citizens/ car owners in the 1st World country  of Singapore doing such a thing;

My Bangla pump attendant happy used his shoulder & elbow to press over the boot to make space for about almost over 7litres of fuel from the 1st click sound(in a tank which was already 3/4 full) so there must have been minimal air bubbles already; He (the bangla attendent) must have really honed in this skill  so well  that his oily fingers dont touch the metal body or stain the body from oil or finger prints;  Some physio therapist   [scholar]  must have advised the Company to do this method most likely so no injury to the worker and no stains to the cars too;

This is UNIQUELY SG lor ............. The Great Thai People don't do this one.  They drove trucks with 20000L capacity into MAL and upload and resell in Thai lor.

Why Thai people don't do this ah?? They must know something Sgp don't know.

• Praise 2

This is UNIQUELY SG lor ............. The Great Thai People don't do this one. They drove trucks with 20000L capacity into MAL and upload and resell in Thai lor.

last time got picture of the thai motorbike with oversized fuel tank as big as an oil drum doing petrol runs across the MY-Thai border! Must admit they are really creative than SGians who only have a good time rock and rolling with their cars...
  • Praise 1

Two cents.

Unlikely to cause damage because

1) cars here can be kept for max 10 years only anyway unless you renew coe

2) I do this in jb only meaning that after pumping I still need to drive athe least 10 km to cross border to singapore which means within a short time the fuel will not be at brim

3) but I do agree to damage to paint work but again, revert to point 1.

Two cents

1. My previous car manual advises against overfilling as there is a carbon cannister or something like that that cannot take too much liquid that overflows when the fuel tank is overfilled.The damage may not take ten years to materialise.

2. It does not matter whether you drive from JB to Singapore or Sengkang to Tampines. A full tank is a full tank.

3. For this, I agree with you, but apparently many do not think so - just look at the number of people queuing at carwash centres or HDB carpark washing bay.

For my Carens, on the first tick, I would have missed out 12~13 Litres for my 60L rated tank lor.

I would continue to slow fill 6L for about 2~3 mins.  

Then another 6L rocking.

All in all 10mins for this 12L.  

I hope I don't have to queue behind you. Btw, ten minutes extra at the pump means inhaling more benzene.

as long as they dont cheat, steal or rob others for the money i really dont mind..ððð! Only in jb we can see such enthics.....further north i seldom see (i remember reports and picture of 1 sgians doing the 'rocks' on the way to kl) and none around the whole universe...ððð

Is it ok for prc parents to let their toddler pee and shit in public as long as they collect the waste and leave no mess behind? Not cheating, not stealing, not robbing.

Is it ok for buffet patrons to fill their plares to the brim with lobsters, prawns and other high value food since it does not affect other diner's pockets?

The society got to progress beyond just legal right or wrong. The higher level of Graciousness and civility comes to mind.

Is it ok for prc parents to let their toddler pee and shit in public as long as they collect the waste and leave no mess behind? Not cheating, not stealing, not robbing.

Is it ok for buffet patrons to fill their plares to the brim with lobsters, prawns and other high value food since it does not affect other diner's pockets?

The society got to progress beyond just legal right or wrong. The higher level of Graciousness and civility comes to mind.

bro...1st wan is public littering.....in SG its an offence.

2nd wan is depriving others of the high value meals and if 1 chosed to be in the same restaurant as the prcs during their feeding frenzy its his/her loss!

I really wont mind those rockers rocking away as they are trying to squeeze their tanks worth of petrol. I can squeeze another RM 10-15 of petrol after the last click......so thats about 2-3 days worth of extra driving!

• Praise 1

bro...1st wan is public littering.....in SG its an offence.

2nd wan is depriving others of the high value meals and if 1 chosed to be in the same restaurant as the prcs during their feeding frenzy its his/her loss!

I really wont mind those rockers rocking away as they are trying to squeeze their tanks worth of petrol. I can squeeze another RM 10-15 of petrol after the last click......so thats about 2-3 days worth of extra driving!

Rock away dude!
  • Praise 2

Mannn.....DISCOVERY SCIENCE channel should do a documentary of these Singapore Car Shakers/Rockers/Pushers for the world to view.

Then interview our Finance and Transport ministers for their thoughts.

This is due to the bubbles when the petrol is pumped into the tank. The bubbles eventually burst and the fuel level decrease slightly, even without shaking the level will decrease by itself.

Mannn.....DISCOVERY SCIENCE channel should do a documentary of these Singapore Car Shakers/Rockers/Pushers for the world to view.

Then interview our Finance and Transport ministers for their thoughts.

In a world where every businessman and business try to squeeze the last drop of benefit, where businesses try their best to reduce the amt of tax payable, where bosses try to load workers to their maximum, I think if a TV series try to shame these people who are doing no harm other than looking weird trying to save some bucks, any TV show can have unintended effects.

Cos the drivers are doing on an individual level what businesses and bosses and even govt are doing on a macro level,even in USA.

An example will be if a driver is interviewed why he do that in malaysia just to pump a bit more petrol and the topic switches to how petrol prices rise here even with falling oil prices and the ceos of the oil company and of cos ministers get interviewed on TV to a crew that are not submissive like singapore reporters, guess who ends up looking greedy and money minded? Not the drivers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1