Does rocking/shaking your car allow you to pump more petrol?

Skateboard

It's the foam. When I pump diesel into a container, you can see the foam.

Shaking it, stirs the foam and allow air bubbles to escape, so you can pump more.

The other way to reduce the foam, air bubbles, is to pump slower. Pull the trigger at the min and pump slowly.

↡ Advertisement

Buy a container to store petrol should yield better results than rocking the car

Customise the extra storage space in the boot into a spare petrol tank is better option. This can store at least 20 litres. Hee Hee.

post-27974-0-91739700-1474296519_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng

Durian Sure Eat ah !!!

Except you ARE THE DURIANS.  CIQ sure check laaa..... Try putting contra band rokok in the Bonnet.  Sure Win.

Customise the extra storage space in the boot into a spare petrol tank is better option. This can store at least 20 litres. Hee Hee.

Most pumps at MY collect advance payment before activating the nozzle. So, unless he already prepaid more than what he can pump, don't see why he needs to rock his car. [grin]

(edited)

Most pumps at MY collect advance payment before activating the nozzle. So, unless he already prepaid more than what he can pump, don't see why he needs to rock his car. [grin]

Not at Petron anyway. I always pump then pay to attendant straight away. Edited by Turboflat4

Twincharged
(edited)

Rock like that will save how much? $2?

My dad used to do this when he go in JB to pump. Can get in another 8-9L after the thing stop pumping automatically. So each tank can drive around extra 110km more before he go back in to pump.

Edited by Nzy

My dad used to do this when he go in JB to pump. Can get in another 8-9L after the thing stop pumping automatically. So each tank can drive around extra 110km more before he go back in to pump.

No such thing la. Remember liquid fill up the space. Normally if i want to pump full will pump abit abit until to the brim. No need shake la. Where got 8L lol at most 500ml diff

Not at Petron anyway. I always pump then pay to attendant straight away.

Some that has high traffic doesnt need pay deposit can pay to attendant st8 away
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

The idea of shaking the car is to remove air bubbles, so you can fill up with more liquid (fuel)

the other way is to pump real slow, so less bubbles is created.

Twincharged

No such thing la. Remember liquid fill up the space. Normally if i want to pump full will pump abit abit until to the brim. No need shake la. Where got 8L lol at most 500ml diff

I used to think cannot save much also. So always tell my dad not to do it cuz its embarrassing. He proved me wrong. So just let him continue doing it although I still won't do it myself. I guess different car different amount cuz after he changed car, only can get around 5-6L more.

I used to think cannot save much also. So always tell my dad not to do it cuz its embarrassing. He proved me wrong. So just let him continue doing it although I still won't do it myself. I guess different car different amount cuz after he changed car, only can get around 5-6L more.

I tried shaking before like no diff lol

Of cos turn off engine when shaking otherwise car keep on drinking petrol lol

Usually I will pump another 1 to 1.5 litres more after the 'auto stop' without shaking the car. I have never tried to pump more in case it overflows. 

How does your dad know it can take 5-6L more (and 8 to 9l more in the previous car)? Can he actually see the petrol level in the fuel tank? 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I tried shaking before like no diff lol

Of cos turn off engine when shaking otherwise car keep on drinking petrol lol

Who pumps petrol with engine on... 

Usually I will pump another 1 to 1.5 litres more after the 'auto stop' without shaking the car. I have never tried to pump more in case it overflows. 

How does your dad know it can take 5-6L more (and 8 to 9l more in the previous car)? Can he actually see the petrol level in the fuel tank? 

From the time it stop he look at how much petrol pumped. Then after he's done filling it he look at the final amount pumped to determine the extra he managed to get in lo.

Who pumps petrol with engine on... 

From the time it stop he look at how much petrol pumped. Then after he's done filling it he look at the final amount pumped to determine the extra he managed to get in lo.

When I was in BKK, the drivers pump petrol dont switch off the engine one.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1