Windscreen chipped, go AD change and claim insurance?

Pchmj

Windscreen hit by hard object and chipped off quite badly, want to change whole windscreen (front). Understand that I can claim insurance and pay a sum of money, $100? Can I get it done at AD?

↡ Advertisement

It's under your insurance coy authorised workshops. $107 plus GST. Look at your policy to check whether it's fully covered or not. You will have to spend a couple of hours for the workshop to order the windscreen and get it fixed. If not sure what to do call your car's insurance hot-line.

Windscreen hit by hard object and chipped off quite badly, want to change whole windscreen (front). Understand that I can claim insurance and pay a sum of money, $100? Can I get it done at AD?

depend on your insurance policy. if your insurance authorize workshop have your agent service centre in it, then is fine. else, you can't go there and claim.

some insurance company is infinite claim on windscreen and FOC. maybe you can consider taking those if the premium is the same as those that need to pay 100 per change.

Actually, if it is not expensive, then no point claiming insurance? Will lose NCD etc right?

depend on your policy. some insurance company windscreen claim will not affect NCD.

on a side note, driver should study carefully on the policy. usually, people choose the cheapest without finding out the detail. cheapest on the surface may not be the cheapest if claim arise.

Thanks guys, will read through my insurance policy. I'm under the lowest plan from NTUC btw.

Read your policy under windscreen excess. My last NTUC (cheapest one) has 1 free windscreen change.

I just change my windscreen (only a small spider crack that was 11 months old) just 3 days before insurance lapsed.

Leave car at authorized workshop in the morning collect before 5.

After that changed insurance company with unlimited windscreen repair at lower premium. [lipsrsealed]

Hmm bro how come u took so long to change the windscreen?

I had mine changed about 2 weeks ago. Mine insurer also NTUC, I thk my policy is normal wan excess $500 and unlimited change windscreen 107 after GST. Chipped near the left wiper area and after 2 days developed into 3 long hairline cracks! [sweatdrop]

Went to Tuffi Pte Ltd at Sin Ming to do the change. Call them up the previous day to check if got stock for my picanto and go immediately next day about 11am to change. Collect my ride about 2 hours while I took a bus and jalan at AMK hub. They called me to collect my ride.

FYI the windscreen if you wana do the sunstrip need to pay additional $15 nett. If you wana do the tinting about $90 but i only did the former. Guess its good already since I wear sunglasses when driving. hehe. [cool]

Hmm bro how come u took so long to change the windscreen?

I had mine changed about 2 weeks ago. Mine insurer also NTUC, I thk my policy is normal wan excess $500 and unlimited change windscreen 107 after GST. Chipped near the left wiper area and after 2 days developed into 3 long hairline cracks! [sweatdrop]

Went to Tuffi Pte Ltd at Sin Ming to do the change. Call them up the previous day to check if got stock for my picanto and go immediately next day about 11am to change. Collect my ride about 2 hours while I took a bus and jalan at AMK hub. They called me to collect my ride.

FYI the windscreen if you wana do the sunstrip need to pay additional $15 nett. If you wana do the tinting about $90 but i only did the former. Guess its good already since I wear sunglasses when driving. hehe. [cool]

did their tinting $90/- , not that good

the unlimited windscreen replacement charge is rubbish. My excess for window replacement is now 500 per claim after claiming for two huge cracked windscreen last year.

↡ Advertisement