Project SuperStar alum Kelly Poon set to call it quits?

Yaloryalor

SINGAPORE : "Project SuperStar" alum Kelly Poon is reportedly set to give up her music career to return to being an air stewardess.

Poon was flying with national carrier Singapore Airlines when she joined the first season of singing competition "Project SuperStar" in 2005. She finished second place behind Kelvin Tan.

According to Taiwanese media reports, life has been difficult for the Singaporean singer who is currently based in Taiwan.

Throughout her three years there, she has been living a life of frugality and despite this, the 26-year-old hardly has any savings to call her own. As a result, she has decided to pack her bags and return to being a Singapore girl.

Poon who reportedly earned a monthly allowance of 80,000 Taiwan dollars (around S$4,000) at the start of her singing career, has had to bite the bullet and survive on a monthly expenditure of just 10,000 Taiwan dollars (around S$500).

Hence, the singer has decided to work out an agreement with her agent to allow her to return to Singapore early next year.

However, Poon has expressed that she would still love to sing if given the opportunity.

- CNA/il

Quite shock to hear this. [sweatdrop]

I think only few local singers like Chen Jie Yi, Ah du, stefanie sun can make it oversea.

↡ Advertisement

its because her face cannot make it and she can't really PR during those tawian varieties. Saw her many times on those show but her reaction so slow and stone. Really CMI

its because her face cannot make it and she can't really PR during those tawian varieties. Saw her many times on those show but her reaction so slow and stone. Really CMI

I thinking who is next to quit? Sin Shin Xin Hui or Chen Wei Lian?

SINGAPORE : "Project SuperStar" alum Kelly Poon is reportedly set to give up her music career to return to being an air stewardess.

Poon was flying with national carrier Singapore Airlines when she joined the first season of singing competition "Project SuperStar" in 2005. She finished second place behind Kelvin Tan.

According to Taiwanese media reports, life has been difficult for the Singaporean singer who is currently based in Taiwan.

Throughout her three years there, she has been living a life of frugality and despite this, the 26-year-old hardly has any savings to call her own. As a result, she has decided to pack her bags and return to being a Singapore girl.

Poon who reportedly earned a monthly allowance of 80,000 Taiwan dollars (around S$4,000) at the start of her singing career, has had to bite the bullet and survive on a monthly expenditure of just 10,000 Taiwan dollars (around S$500).

Hence, the singer has decided to work out an agreement with her agent to allow her to return to Singapore early next year.

However, Poon has expressed that she would still love to sing if given the opportunity.

- CNA/il

I think only few local singers like Chen Jie Yi, Ah du, stefanie sun can make it oversea.

What to do. She is not the very pretty type or very good figure type. Some more want to station in Taiwan. Those that suceed i think are all based in Hong Kong. Taiwan too many new start up already, how to fight?

very normal looking, nothing fantastic voice.

shi xin hui is better la..the voice also better and powerful....i like her new album...

as many said, idol champions always lose out to 2nd and 3rd runner up in term of sales...same for american idols.

Edited by Babyt

What to do. She is not the very pretty type or very good figure type. Some more want to station in Taiwan. Those that suceed i think are all based in Hong Kong. Taiwan too many new start up already, how to fight?

I think the recent 2 years, Taiwan has too many Xing Kwang Da Dao (Singing contests) so too many new singers appearing every few months. Too competitive liao. [sweatdrop]

Pretty..........she cannot compare to many in Taiwan........ Kawaii.......there are tons more kawaii than her in Taiwan. Sexy....... i dun think this word can be used to describe her. Vocal power.......... there are tons much better than her in Taiwan.

I think she make the right choice.

Yes. U got it right.

She don't look good esp when compared to the rest of the taiwanese singers, she can't stand out.

very normal looking, nothing fantastic voice.

shi xin hui is better la..the voice also better and powerful....i like her new album...

If compare Kelly with Shi Xin Hui, I am also prefer Shi Xin Hui. [thumbsup]

I guess there are just to many similar types like her trying to make a break into the music scene. some times, it is not abt being pretty or able to sing..... it's abt being able to stand out from the crowd.

- CNA/il

Ah Du is local singer meh? What about milo peng?

I bet on shi xin hui - another flop-star in the making.

most likely both will flop la. Although the voice is nicer then Kelly but too little marketing liao. Now all these pop singer is about packaging and marketing from their company.

A lot can't sing still can be very famous. But for these two not much publicity leh. Company will see if the star got potential before investing heavily in them, since they are out for so long liao I think not much hope lor.

Ah Du is local singer meh? What about milo peng?

Ah Du is local singer. Milo Peng not even there yet (still haven sell to oversea, I think).

she should just start her own business instead of going back to SIA, how long more can she be a singapore girl?

Or do something else. How to bow down to serve other passengers again? Really need a lot of courage.

I think its very sad for her fans.

If compare Kelly with Shi Xin Hui, I am also prefer Shi Xin Hui. [thumbsup]

That one heard that because she is a malaysian Singer if not she will had won. Same for Lin Jun Hao...

↡ Advertisement