Standard Chartered Marathon 2009

Davidklt

Last year when I ran my 1st marathon immediately after 2 weeks of ict, i ran fast for the first 10km and my feet started to hurt at the arch area at the 26km mark. I had to walk/limp/jog my way to the end. [bigcry]

This year, i'll definitely go slow.

Luckily this year my ict follows after the run and not before.

strategy counts. The speed u choose should be one u are comfortable to last u till the end. I see alot at last 10km will be walking....surprisingly, some plump runners can do really well...lasting better than those muscular/slim runners. The key is to last till the ending point. Slow and steady at your own pace....as they say, ourselves is our own competitor, so don't cheong and pace others. :D:D

A friend just sent this to me and I figured I will share with you guys.

Forty two point one nine five

It is all in the mind.

I am not going to die.

I am not reaching for the sky.

It is only forty two point one nine five

The wind will not leave me behind.

I have got my shoelaces all strapped

The sweat all over me will not dry.

All of forty two point one nine five.

My body will be screaming inside

The will be a lot of resting point by the side

But my ego will only take flight

At the end of forty two point one nine five

actually i find running rather boring....still prefer motor sports or sports such as soccer....also i prefer much going to the gym and build up a body as compared to running

Edited by Ithunk

Well, I never really liked running during NS. It was only when I started joining some races that I got hooked.

It may be monotonous for some but I think most runners will acknowledge that the excitement comes from seeing how far you can push yourself. But I guess endurance sports are not for everyone.

Neutral Newbie

Well, I never really liked running during NS. It was only when I started joining some races that I got hooked.

It may be monotonous for some but I think most runners will acknowledge that the excitement comes from seeing how far you can push yourself. But I guess endurance sports are not for everyone.

Played a lot of diff games but at the end of the day still come back to running. I've ran (casual, not races) in all the countries I visited for business/holiday.

Not having to wait for friends, gym to open, court booking, equipment, season...just put on my running shoes and get out of the door.

Best therapy in the world [drivingcar]

Running events are very addictive as u are able to connect with all runners. The feeling is [thumbsup]

I swear this year ultra sundown will be my last long distance run. So taking part in the coming Men's Health race instead. Do post the finisher T Shirt picture here yeah? Wanted to see how New Balance version looks like compare to Adidas. Good Luck and All The Way!

suppose to run. pay liao den realise monday got exam paper. my fren running in my place instead. lol.

quite disappointed tho. prepared for 42km since may den realise cannt run. :(

sprinting maybe but not endurance running

good luck to all those going to run! so envy of you all!

dont envy, just put on shoes and start training for next years marathon. Find a nice route to run. My favourite route is mandai road, love to see the misty reservoir in the morning. ^_^

dont envy, just put on shoes and start training for next years marathon. Find a nice route to run. My favourite route is mandai road, love to see the misty reservoir in the morning. ^_^

haha... i hardly able to complete the running road same as Sengkang LRT (which is about 10km)

Last time, I hardly complete 5km not to mention 10km. I always have problem with my breathing. I pant too much for such distance. I start slow and short distance. From there, slowly and steadily increase your distance and perhaps speed. All sports require descipline.

haha... i hardly able to complete the running road same as Sengkang LRT (which is about 10km)

I had run Sundown without any training before.

2.4km in school is always fail one, but I have no idea how I ended finishing the race. =D

Don't give up.

Just another 18hrs to race time! Good luck people!

Anyways, I'm a site crew on site. So I'm not running.

I can't run this time round due to work! ): Yeahh~ ):

I will be hanging around the stage area. Any guys can just come to the stage and find me! (:

Will be in SCSM 2009 shirt, black skinny and white shoes with 'M' on it.

Lunch after that, anyone? =P

Edited by Simplesilver
↡ Advertisement