Standard Chartered Marathon 2009

Davidklt

Any MCFers taking part ?

Didnt train much but would still go for it.

Would be my 2nd marathon. Would be a great way to round up the year.

This year's T shirt seems quite nice.

Edited by Davidtkl
↡ Advertisement

I am. This will also be my 2nd marathon after Sundown earlier this year.

God I am feeling nervous pre-race. [sweatdrop]

Alamak, 2nd timers also nervous....I'm doing it for the 1st time....don't stress me out leh. [sweatdrop]

I'm just praying it's going to be fair weather that day.

Alamak, 2nd timers also nervous....I'm doing it for the 1st time....don't stress me out leh. [sweatdrop]

I'm just praying it's going to be fair weather that day.

Haha. Dunno why leh. Think I need to get past the flag off before I can relax.

For what it's worth, I recommend running at a comfortably slow speed if it is your first marathon. Better to run 42km slowly than to run the first half too fast and have to walk the second half.

All the best dude. [thumbsup]

anyone going for one last run today?

I will be doing my last slow 10km tonight, not letting my heart rate go more than 130bpm. Will not be doing anything and drink plenty of water on fri and sat. ^_^

Turbocharged

You guys damn solid [thumbsup] . I never even dream of 1/2 marathon. Shxt, not even 10km. :D Furthest I run nowadays is max 5km. [:p]

Whatever you guys do, don't give up and never regret signing up.

If cannot, just walk. Don't strain on yourself. (:

And just for tip, get your own muscle rub as there won't be much along the way.

I will see you back on site when you finished!

Thanks for all the recommendations and encouragement for all the 1st timers here.

I already planned to go slow all the way, better to finish last than not at all. Don't want to risk injury midway or burnout too early.

Also to echo Simplesilver words, Gambate! and hope you all get your target timing and seeya back here on Sunday after the run.

Neutral Newbie

My 4th Marathon on Sunday!

2nd one didn't complete, had bad cramps. Last year same as my 1st. Ran half, walked half. 6 hours.

Never seriously trained. So expect this Sunday same results. Haha. Just enjoy the atmosphere, comraderie, and still feel satisfaction in completing. Hehe.

[drivingcar]

Last year when I ran my 1st marathon immediately after 2 weeks of ict, i ran fast for the first 10km and my feet started to hurt at the arch area at the 26km mark. I had to walk/limp/jog my way to the end. [bigcry]

This year, i'll definitely go slow.

Luckily this year my ict follows after the run and not before.

Edited by Sg2303

My 4th Marathon on Sunday!

2nd one didn't complete, had bad cramps. Last year same as my 1st. Ran half, walked half. 6 hours.

Never seriously trained. So expect this Sunday same results. Haha. Just enjoy the atmosphere, comraderie, and still feel satisfaction in completing. Hehe.

[drivingcar]

I suggest hydrating at every water point to avoid cramping up. Loss of fluids and sodium contribute to cramps.

I had a friend who ran his first marathon with the strategy of hydrating from 10km onwards because (1) he was used to running 10km w/o drinking and (2) the early water points were always very crowded. He ended up cramping up in the last 1/4 of the race. After that, he drank 100plus from every water point and he claims it helps. I did the same for my first marathon and even though my legs were aching from 30km onwards, I was spared from cramps.

Try to avoid drinking when you are thirsty cos that is usually too late. [;)]

↡ Advertisement