Dunno if this is a stupid qs - for smokers

Beaver

Hi,

Was wondering if it is fine to leave the cigarette lighter in the car compartment under the hot sun (whole full day) ? Haha...is it a stupid qs ?? dun flame me please, thanks :)

Thank you

Edited by Beaver
↡ Advertisement

Why would you want to do that?

My friend did it once, forgetting to take the lighter with him. He claimed it didn't explode but just cracked and leaked all the gas out. Still, I would never leave a lighter in my car.

Hi,

Was wondering if it is fine to leave the cigarette lighter in the car compartment under the hot sun (whole full day) ? Haha...is it a stupid qs ?? dun flame me please, thanks :)

Thank you

if worst case, may cause a mini explosion

Neutral Newbie

My brother once had a lighter exploded in his car. Small explosion. I always leave one spare in the car, in case forgot to bring one. No need to worry too much, you're at greater risk when driving on the roads.

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply...got positive and negative leh...small explosive...still explosive leh...i think to play safe...better not.

Thanks again :)

i dropped b4 and small explosion (think the gas leak into small area and crack out the lighter)

kana b4 with little crack,never exploded but the gas leak v fast and its v cold one..

young time burn lighter into flame b4..exploded..LOL

If TS is worried, better not to leave inside car.. B safe than sorry... U never know how hot the day will get given climate change - global warming...

matches is the choice...i suppose the lighter is just a spare in the car....even don't explode....the gas will slowly leak away and one day when you need it...you will see the gas all gone...put a box of matches is the best....i do that...don't explode....and never expired...

LOL so worried for wat... not like u gonna leave it for days under sun. just put it away from the sun ok wat, like the door pockets or under the car mat if u really kan chiong spider.

Done it many time but the lighter is not under direct sunlight. The lighter is fine never tried to put it under direct sunlight though so don't know if it will boomz or not. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement