Do malaysian steal their own country car?

SeriousGuy

Do malaysian steal their own country car or they just steal foreigners car?

=================

All the time.

U think a car thief cares what plate? He just steals the car easiest to steal & sell of to make as much as possible.

My MY frens lose not only cars but motorcycles all the time.

yeah. most of the times the cars they steal are not meant for driving. what i mean is they dun steal and sell the whole car or the use it themselves. they steal to take out the spare parts and sell it. easier to sell without getting caught ma. so next time if u wan to swop ur engine go malaysia. they might be able to get u a toyota camry 2.4 into your proton. :D

malaysian thief are really daring. my uncle's malaysia registered toyota hilux was stolen when parked outside his house, he reported to the police, but sadly they didn't do much. it been about 8 months still no news yet.

last year, my dad visit my uncle in malaysia, his honda cb400 super4 bike was parked in my uncle house and we took my uncle's car to go for dinner. when we came back my dad found his bike driping fluid, he thought theres something wrong with his bike but look carefully both front brake caliper was missing, obviously its stolen, bo bian, we had to go back to singapore by bus. bought 2 new calipers which cost $250 each, a brake pipe which cost $80(cus the thief cut the pipe) and some brake fluid and fix it at my uncle house. the theif actually climb over the fence to get to the bike. my dad also noticed the lower nut for the rear suspension of his bike was removed. but suspension were not removed. maybe the thief could not access the top nut which was more complicated and also covered by the seat. and sometimes even shoes were stolen from my uncles house. my uncle cannot take it anymore and have to installed camera outside his house. my uncle is staying at johor jaya.

Edited by Torquemonster

SeriousGuy,

All your posts are inflammatory and highly incendiary.

This thread is no exception. Offensive and highly bigoted.

Your threads have sparked off some flamewars.

For someone who has joined on 20 Oct 2009. That is some feat.

I'm not doing anything now. I'm watching.

Depend if it's for export or local use. If fir export than steal more foreign make and registration. For local use, any make and registration will do. Because for export, the local make may have demand issues. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

I'm a Malaysian. As far as I know, the car thieves will take any easy target. I've seen newspaper there that the 4WD vehicles (CRV type) are popular target. Also cars without a good alarm system. But still, the most of the lost cars are Proton, obviously because most cars in Malaysia are Proton.

English/German/Spanish/French/Indonesian/Thai/Taiwanese are all foreigners, they work as bankers/cleaners/construction worker/maid in Malaysia. Therefore it is actually quite hard to tell the car belongs to who before the car thief steals it.

Just be very cautious when driving in. However, if you are not sure about the situation there, just take bus/plane/train.

I would say yes. If you go there, you will see their local cars also using steering wheel locks.

SeriousGuy,

All your posts are inflammatory and highly incendiary.

This thread is no exception. Offensive and highly bigoted.

Your threads have sparked off some flamewars.

For someone who has joined on 20 Oct 2009. That is some feat.

I'm not doing anything now. I'm watching.

to be fair, for this thread at least ( I dare not comment on the other threads he started), it does makes a little sense....

In fact, my colleagues and myself were just discussing something similar the other day... especially since we like to chiong JB...

Do you know a car theft syndicate that was blasted in MY where the authorities recovered many MPVs and SUVs was masterminded by the Singaporean [laugh]? They were caught red handed on the spot.

Regards,

I always travel to JB, from what i know, regradless of car origin, any easy target will be the victim.

Of course, they preferred local (Proton) & Jap made car.

Korean car started to have the demand now but not so much for Conti cars except Benz, BMW.

Some guide-line to share:-

-Get good alarm and armed it, plus additional anti-thieve lock (steering or brake etc), to scare the away or/and delay their timing

-Head-in in parking lot if possible, prevent tow away

-Park in bright & busy area if possible, inside fencing area better

-No visible valuable item or bag inside the car

-Don't ever placed your passport inside the car when you park your car

-Ensure you car insurance covered car lost in West M'sia

-many more....

of cos they steal their own country men's car, in fact the more common the car, the higher the chance to be stolen. this is because, its easily to get rid off.

some syndicates worked this way, for example u want a specific car or a specific car part and u tell the syndicate, they will look for it and steal it for you. or they will just a steal a car, load it up a container tuck few hundred meters away and off they go to the thai borders or go strip it down or repaint then go thailand

to ppl who are really desperate for money, do they really care abt stealing malaysia car or foreign car? as long the car can fetch them some cold hard cash immediately to fix their problems. of course those Pofesional will go for good stuff

↡ Advertisement