Baby Car Seat Advice

Thargor

I saw one at Kaki Bukit baby hypermarket where the newborn car can be attached to the stroller... ard 600++

how about those tri-wheelers? i find those are easier to manuver rather than the 4 wheelers..

Saw a great deal of Maclaren there... one thing i dun like for them is their design very upright...

What are ur comments?

Frankly I dont really fancy those stroller with newborn carseat attached. Maybe it's just me being fussy but I kinda feel that my girl will be more comfortable in a proper stroller...hhehe but to each their preference :) But of cos their the pros of not having to disturb the baby by transferring from car seat to stroller if you get those stroller with carseat attached :D

↡ Advertisement

Hehe wow congrats to you Sir! When is your princess due? My princess is due next yr end Feb. Hehe I already gotten a Maxi-Cozi infant/newborn car seat. For stroller, we will most likely get a capella!

By the way there's isetan private sales today...hehe wifey going to get quite a number of stuff there today [laugh]

Due a few weeks after yours.

Cheers

Maclaren are meant for babies 6 months and above as they can't recline and most models has no front bar on it. However, they still do have a few models for newborns but they are hard to find here.

Maclaren Techno XT and XLR can recline, for newborns, and they are sold everywhere with ample stock

No front bar as standard but have 5 point harness strap that is childproof

Actually have front bar, sold separately

Edited by Sgnick

Frankly I dont really fancy those stroller with newborn carseat attached. Maybe it's just me being fussy but I kinda feel that my girl will be more comfortable in a proper stroller...hhehe but to each their preference :) But of cos their the pros of not having to disturb the baby by transferring from car seat to stroller if you get those stroller with carseat attached :D

Yes, i was thinking along those lines too... I'm not very comfy with carrying babies... this practicality is pushing my decision slowly towards this but have not eliminated other options yet...

Need to carefully think out all the practicalities and cost as well...

Maclaren Techno XT and XLR can recline, for newborns, and they are sold everywhere with ample stock

Thanks for the info... I'll check this out...

Side track abit. Do you think we can seat-belt the kid (maybe 1 to 2 yrs old) like those in the airplane where they are sitting on the adult's lap? Do you think got sell or LTA allow?

Side track abit. Do you think we can seat-belt the kid (maybe 1 to 2 yrs old) like those in the airplane where they are sitting on the adult's lap? Do you think got sell or LTA allow?

Not safe at all.

1-2 yr old's bones are so soft, any impact, the seatbelt will break their bones!

Anyway, I don't understand why you all got separate basket and later on a proper child seat, there are integrated ones, cost a bit more, but they last from 0 - 9 years old, at least mine does.

It's an Aussie brand, Britax, Aussies are paranoid about road safety and their safety standards are adopted everywhere else in the world.

But there are plenty of others out there which are similar, the seat can be turned around to be rear facing and when he grows older, you can flip it to be front facing.

Yes... those that are for 0-4 yrs are also under consideration.... only cons for me(subjective i believe), i'm not too sure can fit in my Fit.... need to do some measurements first [:)]

great.... thanks for the clarification [:p]

Yes... those that are for 0-4 yrs are also under consideration.... only cons for me(subjective i believe), i'm not too sure can fit in my Fit.... need to do some measurements first [:)]

Mine is something like this, but it was an older model, can't find it now

Britax seat

But yes, do some measurements first! Also, remember to see whether it can fit in your boot, otherwise you can only ever fetch two passengers!

Mine is something like this, but it was an older model, can't find it now

Britax seat

But yes, do some measurements first! Also, remember to see whether it can fit in your boot, otherwise you can only ever fetch two passengers!

This is a bloody good excuse not to fetch ppl..... [laugh]

Not safe at all.

1-2 yr old's bones are so soft, any impact, the seatbelt will break their bones!

Anyway, I don't understand why you all got separate basket and later on a proper child seat, there are integrated ones, cost a bit more, but they last from 0 - 9 years old, at least mine does.

It's an Aussie brand, Britax, Aussies are paranoid about road safety and their safety standards are adopted everywhere else in the world.

But there are plenty of others out there which are similar, the seat can be turned around to be rear facing and when he grows older, you can flip it to be front facing.

Simple reason...the integrated ones cannot be recline to the ideal angle (almost horizontal) for newborn...and that newborn carseat is more secured.

For a few hundreds more, I rather place emphasis on my kid's safely and comfort. [:)]

Simple reason...the integrated ones cannot be recline to the ideal angle (almost horizontal) for newborn...and that newborn carseat is more secured.

For a few hundreds more, I rather place emphasis on my kid's safely and comfort. [:)]

No, mine has is horizontal, and it's backward facing, you should check em out, do the aussie brands, not many shops sell them.

Mine cost $350, don't think I saved any money!

i recently got the Britax Royale - it feels really soft and comfortable. can use face backward and faceforward. up to 18 kg i think. i havent come across anything that feels as comfortable. bought at babykingdom, 15% off. $424. robinson was selling at $399 during their sale [bigcry]

it was between this and the inglesina marco polo at hypermarket. i fell in love with that one as it was really sporty looking (nicer than my own car seats) and the parts all feel really sturdy. ard $450 at hypermart. but doesnt have that velvety feel of the Britax.

Neutral Newbie

Dear bros/sisters,

Thanks once again for the good advice. We decided to take the advice and got a newborn car seat (up to 13kg). :wub:

Next mission...baby stroller. It's most like a capella...looking at model 705 or 707...looks really comfortable :wub:

Hi TS,

Is the newborn suitable for this maxi-cosi car seat? I'm not sure either. but the fabric and support

for 0 month infant doesn't look comfort to me. btw, my bb also due in feb, slightly earlier than yours.

But I have yet bought any basket/seat or stroller. :D

any bro can advise me how does a infant basket for fitting in car looks like?

Stroller can wait. Many I know ended up not using it. My 1st born didn't really use it for the 1st 12months. So 2 'stylo' strollers were just collecting dust.

But infant seat is essential and should really start them the moment they are out of the hospital. Personally, I prefer Britax which has a more cushioned seat. Better to buy the infant ones, then move them on to 9mths to 4yrs and later to > 4yrs...instead of those that are from 0-4yrs old.

I saw this combi Zeus turn selling at $799, probably the only locally available car seat that can turn 360 degree, from new born to 4yo....

New model is called Zeus 360.....

A quick glance at eBay ..... Zeus Turn costs only USD200 nia......

Anybody using combi Zeus? TaiSeng really chop carrot head menz....

↡ Advertisement