Need IT Gurus for help

Melvinnn

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

recently encounter my pc having problems. It freezes(hangs) as and when it likes. In the midst of surfing web, or playing facebook games.

I've already

-use another hdd with fresh OS but problems still same

-use ram from another pc and remove the current ram to test

what problem am i looking at ?

Sometimes, I can play like 30mins without any problems, but at times, 5mins i freezes already.

performed

-scandisk

-defragmenter

-system restore to 3 weeks before problems arises

Any one encountered before ? Even when installing OS on my OLD hdd, also can hang. seriously headache.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hmm, at where do I press F11 ?

Hmm, I using IE leh, don't have the habit of using firefox. Its not only the application that freezes, mouse no response, cannot alt+tab, cannot ctrl+alt+del, totally no choice only can restart.

I'm using Windows XP by the way.

Neutral Newbie

hmm lag ? no lag leh. like almost instantly, the mouse cursor stuck. but my optical mouse still show the laser beam. lol

i had this problem a few months ago, my mouse cursor will just randomly freeze/lag. It turns out that Wuauclt.exe was the culprit. I just kill it every now and then when i spot it.

I've had that before. Turns out that my power supply unit was going to fail because one of the fans inside failed. The other one was still working, so I couldn't tell, but the fuses weren't cooled properly. The current surges caused the motherboard to short and either hard crash or reset the computer on the spot. Eventually the PSU blew dramatically but I was lucky that no other components were damaged. Replaced it and now everything is fine again. Consider doing the same - PSUs these days aren't so reliable anymore, especially if you tried buying a cheap but high powered PSU.

Edit: Oh yes, I did somewhat extend the life of my PSU and comp and enjoy problem-free computing by pointing a high-velocity fan into the computer. The PSU eventually blew when I took away the fan. [dead]

Edited by Requiemdk

i used to have this problem before i went for servicing for my compaq laptop. this often occur when i afk or in the midst of playing game. i ignored it but within a week my hard disc died. went for servicing and tried to recover but the service personnel say fail. hahas. its better to back up ur data from time to time as a word of advice. hope this help. cheers bro. :D

and changing your ram must see whether the pc can take the ram or not. its gotta do with the frequency. if it doesnt match it wont help. its like turbo charge a chery QQ. useless. hahas. :D

Yes, maybe it is overheating. You can try to check the fan. Then the VGA card. Try to reduce the screen resolution so that the vga card need to work so hard. Or, it could be your PC lack ventilation. Meaning, back too near the wall.

Its quite headache to troubleshoot. Good luck.

Using onboard or dedicated graphics card? Graphics card may cause this problem, or if using onboard graphics, your motherboard may be faulty not stable. Can also be and pci card not fixed properly, like soundcard, tv card. Many possible reasons. State your com specs?

Since 5 min also can hang, don't think it's overheating issue. Anyway, do you know the temp of cpu?

Neutral Newbie

hi.. seeing so many IT gurus ard.. i also need some help.. i am facing certificate errors. my auto update installed IE8. tats when i face alot of problems/ msn cant sign in. internet banking cant sign in also. keep prompting certificate errors. i have switched back to IE7. uninstalled IE8. but stil face the same prob. any one can help? i hv tried everyting. still no use. only left to reformat my whole PC. thks.

Neutral Newbie

Hmm, I'm using a MSI motherboard if i'm not wrong. exact model not very sure at this point. Not using any dedicated graphics card, so using on board graphic. Used a similar speed RAM to match in to substitute the old 1, initially it works out quite fine, but after awhile, died again. Made me happy for that moment..

So far the CPU cooling fan and the ventiliation fan at the back of the PC is working fine, even at the point when the OS freezes. No auto restart for me..

Resolution has all along been the same for the past 15months.. Position of PC also.. so I might wanna rule out poor ventiliation.. But will try to change the resolution settings so that its not so stressful..

Any diagnostics tools for me to test out my system ? Did a memtest I randomly found off the net.. Did half way.. Hang.. (Before i change out the RAM)

Damn headache..

Neutral Newbie

Now don't know is motherboard or power supply problem, don't wanna buy power supply back, then end up is board problem or processor problem etc. Any other ways to test ? or is there somewhere that is nice and provides great tools to troubleshoot my PC for me ? find the fault then i replace the part with them.. hopefully its pricing is reasonable also! =\

Hi guys,

recently encounter my pc having problems. It freezes(hangs) as and when it likes. In the midst of surfing web, or playing facebook games.

I've already

-use another hdd with fresh OS but problems still same

-use ram from another pc and remove the current ram to test

what problem am i looking at ?

Sometimes, I can play like 30mins without any problems, but at times, 5mins i freezes already.

performed

-scandisk

-defragmenter

-system restore to 3 weeks before problems arises

Any one encountered before ? Even when installing OS on my OLD hdd, also can hang. seriously headache.

always scan for virus first, try the panda antivirus, very lightweight program.

You can try the memtest again on your new ram. Maybe both are faulty? Memtest86 is a widely used program. If have error means ram, usually ram has lifetime warranty, you may send it for replacement. Biggest culprit is ram and motherboard, power supply I don't think so.

If you want to send it for servicing, can bring to some reputable shops in sls.

↡ Advertisement