LIQUI MOLY ENGINE FLUSH?

Beregond

last time my coe car used to go in JB for oil change n servicing, engine oil flush is a standard. pour in, let engine idle for few min then drain out. did not encounter any issues. believe regulars to Hawk Tayar shd know abt this.

u meant $68 for the flush?? then forget it. just get some cheap mineral oil, like toyota 10W30 mineral oil, Only $17/4 litres.... Change it with this cheap oil...run for 500kmto 1000km and drain, repeat 2 times and you engine is as clean as new. Best part is, u can use it while flushing your engine + no worries of the oil leak problem after flushing.

but if the car is running fully Synthetic oil all along then not good idea to switch to mineral correct? and how can a cheap mineral oil clean as well as a flush... i understand a flush can do more harm than good to an old engine... but how about a 50k engine safe to flush often?

but if the car is running fully Synthetic oil all along then not good idea to switch to mineral correct? and how can a cheap mineral oil clean as well as a flush... i understand a flush can do more harm than good to an old engine... but how about a 50k engine safe to flush often?

50k is not considered high mileage. Anyway, no need for flush....Maybe mahjong flush la...[laugh]

For engine, regular servicing is the way to go.

50k is not considered high mileage. Anyway, no need for flush....Maybe mahjong flush la...[laugh]

For engine, regular servicing is the way to go.

i dont gamble.... much...

anyways if so, then what is the main purpose of an engine flush?... [confused]

i dont gamble.... much...

anyways if so, then what is the main purpose of an engine flush?... [confused]

Its to clean your engine esp when it has sludge. But you wont need it unless you dont do regular oil changes.

The biggest problem with engine flush is that its very harmful to the engine.

The concentrates can contain detergent chemicals (we don't know them since its proprietary and trade secret) that could strip off protective layers of Zinc/Moly etc thats coated on your engine. It also thins the oil, that why they say NEVER EVER DRIVE!!

What happens when oil thins out? Metal-metal contact occurs and more wear.

Its to clean your engine esp when it has sludge. But you wont need it unless you dont do regular oil changes.

The biggest problem with engine flush is that its very harmful to the engine.

The concentrates can contain detergent chemicals (we don't know them since its proprietary and trade secret) that could strip off protective layers of Zinc/Moly etc thats coated on your engine. It also thins the oil, that why they say NEVER EVER DRIVE!!

What happens when oil thins out? Metal-metal contact occurs and more wear.

actually i'm not afraid of the flush stripping off any coating... i would like it so that i can add another brand of engine treatment... ^_^ what i am actually worried about is the gaskets and seals... will the flush harden/soften it and cause leaks? thats what i'm worried about....

u meant $68 for the flush?? then forget it. just get some cheap mineral oil, like toyota 10W30 mineral oil, Only $17/4 litres.... Change it with this cheap oil...run for 500kmto 1000km and drain, repeat 2 times and you engine is as clean as new. Best part is, u can use it while flushing your engine + no worries of the oil leak problem after flushing.

bro, where to get tht cheap toyota 10W30 mineral oil?

i wld like to "flush" my car engine :)

thx

PM if not convenient. thx :)

actually i'm not afraid of the flush stripping off any coating... i would like it so that i can add another brand of engine treatment... ^_^ what i am actually worried about is the gaskets and seals... will the flush harden/soften it and cause leaks? thats what i'm worried about....

No the flush wont do anything to the gaskets or seals.

But you may get leaks for old seals or gaskets. This is because deposits accumulated there actually acts as seals for any leaks.

Another thing to worry is increased blowby for old engine after a flush.

hmmmmmmm... ok then i will use the flush i hv been keeping for my car which is now at 55k... last flush was at 40k... good idea or will i just be wasting the flush?

Neutral Newbie

i talked to several menchanics, those old school types, they always feel that it is a waste of money.

i guess just stick to regular servicing intervals should be ok lah. unless you are driving high performance car.

:-)

hmmmmmmm... ok then i will use the flush i hv been keeping for my car which is now at 55k... last flush was at 40k... good idea or will i just be wasting the flush?

Nay, its just a waste of money. You don't need to flush at all.

Between 55k and 40k is quite short an interval...You might want to keep it longer for a later flush....

bro, where to get tht cheap toyota 10W30 mineral oil?

i wld like to "flush" my car engine :)

thx

PM if not convenient. thx :)

i got mine frm Ric Tac Marketing frm Owen Rd. In fact, most places is selling ard the price of $17 to $20 in Singapore.

↡ Advertisement