Bridgestone New GR90

Tohto

Yes. GR90 wears out really quickly.

For a tyre with just 40,000km it was down to the wear indicators. However, grip was still pretty good even at the end of its life.

Recently changed to XM2's as I was happy with the XM1's before my GR90's.

↡ Advertisement

It's time to change tire again :(

getting the 3rd set of GR-90... wonder what's the price now.. (haven't call to check - will give some review first)

My first set = 20k km

This second set also ard 20k km, the edge a bit botak but the center still got few mm grooves. Don't think will take the chance as the weather is getting wetter nowadays.

Still prefer to get back this tire because of the quietness and comfort.

But because this tire is a soft tire, some small bits and pieces tends to break off easily from the side or edge of the thread.

GR90 is not known for long durability. However your 20k km lifespan is really short. Would you like to share more details of your usage background like car model, driving style, environment, etc? Perhaps post a photo to share so that experts here can help you guage if your tires are really end of life.

It's time to change tire again :(

getting the 3rd set of GR-90... wonder what's the price now.. (haven't call to check - will give some review first)

My first set = 20k km

This second set also ard 20k km, the edge a bit botak but the center still got few mm grooves. Don't think will take the chance as the weather is getting wetter nowadays.

Still prefer to get back this tire because of the quietness and comfort.

But because this tire is a soft tire, some small bits and pieces tends to break off easily from the side or edge of the thread.

GR90 is not known for long durability. However your 20k km lifespan is really short. Would you like to share more details of your usage background like car model, driving style, environment, etc? Perhaps post a photo to share so that experts here can help you guage if your tires are really end of life.

typo... paiseh... it's 40k km :p

and the tire now cost $145/piece [sweatdrop]

any cheaper alternative for quiet and comfort tires?

bro. Good price ,wat size you getting and where ?

Lol i'm driving past 50k km with my GR90. i dunno why ur 1st set lasted 20k ... [lipsrsealed]

Going to drive to 55k km.

TYRE wear life is determine by few factors

type of car / driving habit / road condition / most importantly maintenance and care.

If the size is 195/50/15 and no gimmicks, then $145 per piece should be ok. Not sure if currency played a part, but I paid about $160 per piece 3 years ago for that size.

There's a shop who selling the GR 90 old stock at old price... does tires has "expiry" date? [grin]

go to tyre company local official website you will understand more about the Life of tyre

base on my understanding bridgestone warranty 5 years officially with official registration .

wow your statement is scary , gr80 had poor wet performance altohugh much better than aspecDB,does it meant the Aspec DB is very dangerous to use on bigcry.gif wet condition

Sad to say, I do agree. I have once "drift" at a small round about at speed of 10km, road condition- Wet [:|]

Sad to say, I do agree. I have once "drift" at a small round about at speed of 10km, road condition- Wet [:|]

I think that's nothing to do with the tire if the thread is visible.

There are many issue pertaining to the drifting, like oily on road, over inflate, poor suspension setup etc;

Even the lousy tire with good thread will not drift if not aggressively maneuver and keeping the recommended parameter. Likewise premium tire will drift if it met the above.

I just changed to my 2nd set of GR-90 again.

I dunno why people say the wear rate is very fast. I got to about 54k and 2.5 years of use. But admittedly the front tyres already went past the mark liao.

But really it still grips fairly well for normal driving. Braking distance slightly longer but still ok leh even on wet wet roads.

Soh tyres, 195/65/15. $145 each. Lol it was actually cheaper than my 1st set, cos that shop included GST.

• Praise 1

It should be cheaper now compared to 2-3 years ago, due to japnese yen drop. I believe the GR90 sold here are made in Japan. If you compare the OMV of made in Japan cars (ref LTA website), they have been dropping generally in the last year or so, same reason.

I had GR90 and GR80, great tyres.

I just changed to my 2nd set of GR-90 again.

I dunno why people say the wear rate is very fast. I got to about 54k and 2.5 years of use. But admittedly the front tyres already went past the mark liao.

But really it still grips fairly well for normal driving. Braking distance slightly longer but still ok leh even on wet wet roads.

Soh tyres, 195/65/15. $145 each. Lol it was actually cheaper than my 1st set, cos that shop included GST.

Edited by Columbian78

10km/h your car can drift? champion drifter.(sorry)

this could due to road surface (oily / sandy etc

↡ Advertisement