VW polo or Mz 2

HOUSENUMBER

It's more of a problem of people choosing the smallest available engine size for the largest vehicle they can afford. Physical exterior size seems more important to Singaporeans.

Thats very true. This is existent in all make & models of the cars on the road.

↡ Advertisement

[laugh] It takes alot of manliness to be able to drive a Mz2, lesser men just can't do [:p]

Another way to say it is, Mz2 very stylist lah... girl like SNAG not the old Man type liao...

Edited by Joseph22

Eh I was wondering. Does your Mz2R come with traction control and stability assist? I know it comes with EBD and EBA for the ABS.

MADZA 2

Safety

In addition to basic active safety features for driving, cornering and stopping, a fully adjustable driver's seat and excellent visibility help ensure a safe journey. Additionally, a four-wheel antilock braking system (4W-ABS) and electronic brake-force distribution (EBD) with brake assist are standard equipment for all models. Mazda's Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) air bags are installed for occupant protection in the front seats on all model grades. Front side air bags that provide chest protection for front seat occupants and curtain airbags that provide head protection for all outboard occupants (in the event of a side impact) are available on all model grades.

POLO

Safety

Subjected to the latest and more stringent Euro NCAP crash tests, the Polo received the maximum score of five stars.

It is also the only car in its class with electronic stability programme (ESP) as standard. ESP includes hill hold control, anti-locking braking system (ABS), braking assistant, anti-slip regulation (ASR), electronic limited-slip differential (EDS) and engine braking control (MSR).

MADZA 2

Safety

In addition to basic active safety features for driving, cornering and stopping, a fully adjustable driver's seat and excellent visibility help ensure a safe journey. Additionally, a four-wheel antilock braking system (4W-ABS) and electronic brake-force distribution (EBD) with brake assist are standard equipment for all models. Mazda's Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) air bags are installed for occupant protection in the front seats on all model grades. Front side air bags that provide chest protection for front seat occupants and curtain airbags that provide head protection for all outboard occupants (in the event of a side impact) are available on all model grades.

POLO

Safety

Subjected to the latest and more stringent Euro NCAP crash tests, the Polo received the maximum score of five stars.

It is also the only car in its class with electronic stability programme (ESP) as standard. ESP includes hill hold control, anti-locking braking system (ABS), braking assistant, anti-slip regulation (ASR), electronic limited-slip differential (EDS) and engine braking control (MSR).

Thats exactly it. The R and V specs for the 2 are different here (e.g. 2 airbags on the V, 6 on the R) TC and VSC are optional in Aust, but standard in the UK. Oh and btw, the 2 also has 5 stars [:p]

Hmm I wonder if the ASR and ESP can be turned off for the polo. they're way too intrusive for whenever I want to have some fun.

Edited by Elfenstar

Thats exactly it. The R and V specs for the 2 are different here (e.g. 2 airbags on the V, 6 on the R) TC and VSC are optional in Aust, but standard in the UK. Oh and btw, the 2 also has 5 stars [:p]

Hmm I wonder if the ASR and ESP can be turned off for the polo. they're way too intrusive for whenever I want to have some fun.

I dont remember seeing the switch to off it..

Hmmph.... all these car manufacturers and their car safety.... taking all the fun out of my driving [laugh]

[:p]

even with it on can feel the fun also mah

Sorry, i am a bit blur now with all the different terms...

So do you mean that the Polo we have here is 5 Star?

even with it on can feel the fun also mah

We don't turn them off in sportscars when on track for no reason you know :p Btw I just realised that the sgcarmart description for the Mz2 is wrong. Mz2 V = 2airbags, Mz 2 R and R+ = 6 airbags.

Eh I was wondering. Does your Mz2R come with traction control and stability assist? I know it comes with EBD and EBA for the ABS.

No traction control or ESP. 6 airbags in case i crash becos i skid - yes [laugh][laugh][laugh]

No traction control or ESP. 6 airbags in case i crash becos i skid - yes [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Different safety feature for different scenario. ESP & Traction control & all the fancy stuff works to prevent crush. Air bag is not to prevent crush, but to prevent fatality during crush.

Can't say which is better than the other. It also depends on the way you drive & road condition. If you drive slow & steady, probably the ESP not that critical, but there can be scenario when you need it, like suddenly people rush to the road, & you need to steer to avoid. If you frequently have passenger at the back, like your kids, maybe more airbag will be better. Or if you live in mountainous area with constant occurrences of heavy snow & black ice, then ESP is a must, where the softest throttle press can result in a spin without Traction/esp.

Best is full airbags + ESP/traction lah.

Edited by Kiadaw