How are you going to spend your bonus ?

Vextan

ijust received 7 months' bonus this year, including AWS... my biggest bonus since i started work 8 years ago...

but it is my retrenchment package [sly][sly][sly]

↡ Advertisement

ijust received 7 months' bonus this year, including AWS... my biggest bonus since i started work 8 years ago...

Bro... I hope you get to secure another job soon or probably do something fruitful with the monetary means you just obtain. Today's recruitment section looks better than previous.

Bro... I hope you get to secure another job soon or probably do something fruitful with the monetary means you just obtain. Today's recruitment section looks better than previous.

thanks

i'm taking a short break to ponder over what i really want as my career...

dun want to make the same mistake again

[flowerface][flowerface]

actually its not bad

OIC. So if we can has salary pay scale like them, we should get our AWS much more earlier. Our country practiced the salary in mthly basis in favor to the employer. If the employer want to cut cost can simply dont pay the AWS. While ppls wo resign before the AWS given date, most employer did not return them back in prorated basis. Worst of all, make most us thought that AWS is a bonus instead of a requirement.

when it comes to wooing foreign investor, where have our goverment been looking after the employees.

they have always been pro-employer . . .

AWS has made all of us 'suckers' to attract foreign bosses & allowing all bosses ( include local & civil) to take advantage

that's why all civil servants get some payback schemes on midyear . . .

this include our 44 weekly work hours.

too bad, as long as you are employed in this lion kampong . . . the rules are set.

Cheerios All

some civil servants work more then 44 hours a week. lets look at a police man for example: 4 days a week, 15 hours a day (12hrs + 3 hrs unpaid OT) = 60 hours/week. 1 mth = 240hrs

If any ? lim peh only 13th month.

like the other bros mentioned.. 13th mth is supposed to be your basic pay lah.. my actual bonus.. hmm.. 2 days' pay, and was told by my boss quite ok leow.. some non-performers get none

Edited by Solar

some civil servants work more then 44 hours a week. lets look at a police man for example: 4 days a week, 15 hours a day (12hrs + 3 hrs unpaid OT) = 60 hours/week. 1 mth = 240hrs

but their job is iron rice bowl.....for saf regulars....and once hit the higher ranks like major ltc (for army) their job is very easy liao.....their duty is like answer phone call or something like tt.....

but of course once sign on...their life belongs to the country

Edited by Ithunk

not trying to advocate any....some that stayed long for the company, the boss take for granted, the increment is really really penuts.

i had seen ppl hop from one place to anther, each time 500 to 1 k increment..

where the loyalty payoff?

overr heard from friend that Kappel shipyard is getting 8-9 months...slurp slurp....

7.8.9 in past 3 years..

basic not bad,graduate got 2.7k at least and can claim ot

this jan not sure whats their bonus but shld be ard the range too..

But basic pay is low...

Better than me, basic pay low, bonus low. Compare with my friends there (all fresh grad), my basic very slightly higher but add in their bonus, I feel very inferior. Their annual income is easily 50% more than mine...

Neutral Newbie

not trying to advocate any....some that stayed long for the company, the boss take for granted, the increment is really really penuts.

i had seen ppl hop from one place to anther, each time 500 to 1 k increment..

where the loyalty payoff?

Agreed.. I once asked a senior manager (in my 5000+ employee company, senior mgr is 3 rank below the highest in the department) how he became a senior manager so fast.. He looks 35ish.. when I was probably 2yrs fresh out of uni.

He told me.. when you are younger, you job-hopped more! :) .. But once you hit 35, that better be the final job for you.

Makes sense to me really. If you are successful in job hop, you get a better pay and better jobscope/position without waiting for your company to appreciate you(or they have constraint on number of people that can be appreciated yearly).

↡ Advertisement