Malaysia traffic fines need to pay?

Teckheng

sigh! its just another excuse for the dickheads there to create new channel, extorting more $ from sillypore cars in their 'legal' manner. its daylight robbery executed in a formal & official manner.

imagine, you are stopped on the road and demanded for $ for traffic summons that you dun even know if its real . . . .

afterall, the database is kept by them . . . whether its fabricated or mistakes, we dunno at all!

its up to them !!!

For the newer offences, if you go to myeg.com, you can actually see the picture of your car.

So far I don't think I have been framed even though I drove there many times.

I highly doubt they would 'fabricate' since for such records to go into the system, it is _extra_ work and does not benefit the person doing the work. If they wanted to extort money, they will just bypass the system and do it directly.

Bottom line is, nobody forced us to drive in Malaysia. If you walk into someone else's house, gotta play by their rules.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Anyone kena-ed? https://www.facebook.com/SingaporeAutomobile/photos/a.520570467956821.128342.511752022171999/1020408987972964/

Read the *** that will help u. It will happen to u soon.

Today (Dec 31), we were stopped by Malaysian highway police at the rest area just before second link. Actually all Singapore cars were channelled into the rest area and stopped.

At the first gate, they did a cross checking of your car plate. Those with outstanding traffic offense were forced to stop and they took away your driving license, IC or passport.

You are to line up to obtain your outstanding offense list. We did and I was surprised to find that I have 3, with two of them in 2001 and 2004. I am always careful and I paid my traffic fines promptly. I challenged them and they asked me to go check out at their computer station. I went there and they could not produce. Officer there said 2001 and 2004 was too old. So I asked them to produce the one on Dec 31, 2012. They too could not produce. They simply strong arm and force you to pay.

I lined up to pay. There were 2 long lines. Some have more than 10 items. A guy had 7 or 8 pages and had more than 60 line items. Some poor guys had no money and they were frantic.

***Those with copy of registration that indicates their date of purchase can have offense prior to that date being temporarily excused. They need to go to JB police station to have them permanently deleted.

As expected, when you paid your fine, they took away your original offense list. I took picture of the slip earlier and encouraged everyone around me to do likewise.

The European couple in front of me had 12 items, with 2 items on the same day, an hour apart. One from Batu Pahat and another from Seramban. She was puzzled as there was I way she could drive that distance in an hour.

As she was paying, 3 more line items came up. All there were from the same day, bearing the same time. They ignored their plea so the Caucasian couple paid M$2,250. The two guys in front of them paid many thousands. They got more than 60 line items!

The Caucasian couple told me that the police has been doing this for a week. They usually leave early and did not get caught. They only do this at second link as doing this at Causeway would cause a massive jam.

Please feel free to pass this along.
From netizen.

Edited by Nephilim

sigh! its just another excuse for the dickheads there to create new channel, extorting more $ from sillypore cars in their 'legal' manner. its daylight robbery executed in a formal & official manner.

imagine, you are stopped on the road and demanded for $ for traffic summons that you dun even know if its real . . . .

afterall, the database is kept by them . . . whether its fabricated or mistakes, we dunno at all!

its up to them !!!

If you are 100% sure it is fabricated, you can challenge them in court and sue the Malaysian govt for "defamation".

I have heard of and encountered, one, "fabricated" traffic charges from a TP up north asking for kopi money but never a speeding offence captured on camera. Who is so free to fabricate speeding charges when more than 90% of such fines are left unpaid (until recently) and there is no upfront kopi money???

Aiyo, do the crime, pay the fine (at least no naked squat)

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 2

If you are 100% sure it is fabricated, you can challenge them in court and sue the Malaysian govt for "defamation".

I have heard of and encountered, one, "fabricated" traffic charges from a TP up north asking for kopi money but never a speeding offence captured on camera. Who is so free to fabricate speeding charges when more than 90% of such fines are left unpaid (until recently) and there is no upfront kopi money???

Aiyo, do the crime, pay the fine (at least no naked squat)

My advise is one must be "VERY FIRM" and not to be frighten about their scare tactic mentioning arrest with highway petrol car or bike polis officer.

I always plead for their summons ticket and make payment at JPJ counter, if they say "not possible" then I'll say ""Saya Ikut sama awak balik balai ambek sanmon"

Do not risk being charge for bribery to an Law Enforcer in Malaysia, the KL High Court fine is >RM.10,000.

• Praise 5

its up to them !!!

seriously, those data IMO are accurate, all my records does tally with my date/timing up north and i dont go in frequently... evertime after i came back, i will check after a few weeks ... only once kena flash light by their new system near KL at wee wee hour (~5am+ i think, went back for CNY 2014) but until now record dont have.. if they decided to add in next year, i also LL...... [:p]

• Praise 1

My advise is one must be "VERY FIRM" and not to be frighten about their scare tactic mentioning arrest with highway petrol car or bike polis officer.

I always plead for their summons ticket and make payment at JPJ counter, if they say "not possible" then I'll say ""Saya Ikut sama awak balik balai ambek sanmon"

Do not risk being charge for bribery to an Law Enforcer in Malaysia, the KL High Court fine is >RM.10,000.

I have my past but I am a changed man now. hahaha....

Now I always asked for ticket.

• Praise 1

Thats a good move [thumbsup]

• Praise 5

Please advice, if I'm stop by MY Polis in my new Used car, being stop due to outstanding fines. Can I just show them my sales transaction to proof that I'm not the driver committed the offenses? Thanks

Please advice, if I'm stop by MY Polis in my new Used car, being stop due to outstanding fines. Can I just show them my sales transaction to proof that I'm not the driver committed the offenses? Thanks

Print & keep a copy of the LTA ownership transfer.

If that fails, hearsay RM50 can perform miracles....

Singapore motorists ignore call to pay fine.

Johor TP expressed disappointment that the call made in January in a gesture of goodwill had been ignored.

JOHOR BARU: The call from Johor police for Singaporeans to settle the whopping RM6.5 million owed in traffic summonses has been met with poor response.

Johor police Traffic Enforcement an d Investigation Department chief Superintendent Baharudin Mat Taib expressed disappointment that the call made in January in a gesture of goodwill had been ignored.

It was reported that more than 40,000 traffic offences statewide had been committed by Singaporean motorists over the past two years.

Malaysians, meanwhile, committed 31,110 offences and owe a staggering RM9.3 million in unpaid summonses.

“I will issue a statement on the matter,” Baharudin said when asked how much had been collected so far for the outstanding traffic offences.

“We will continue with our engagement with the public, campaigning and aggressive enforcement of all traffic regulations, especially when it comes to motorcycles, which are the cause of most road crashes. We will also organise road safety campaigns in schools.”

© New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd

Singapore motorists ignore call to pay fine.

Johor TP expressed disappointment that the call made in January in a gesture of goodwill had been ignored.

JOHOR BARU: The call from Johor police for Singaporeans to settle the whopping RM6.5 million owed in traffic summonses has been met with poor response.

Johor police Traffic Enforcement an d Investigation Department chief Superintendent Baharudin Mat Taib expressed disappointment that the call made in January in a gesture of goodwill had been ignored.

It was reported that more than 40,000 traffic offences statewide had been committed by Singaporean motorists over the past two years.

Malaysians, meanwhile, committed 31,110 offences and owe a staggering RM9.3 million in unpaid summonses.

âI will issue a statement on the matter,â Baharudin said when asked how much had been collected so far for the outstanding traffic offences.

âWe will continue with our engagement with the public, campaigning and aggressive enforcement of all traffic regulations, especially when it comes to motorcycles, which are the cause of most road crashes. We will also organise road safety campaigns in schools.â

© New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd

with all the scam calls, everyone will ignore lor [laugh]

just say you borrowed your friend's car.  If all else fails, RM$50 should help.

↡ Advertisement