Tire promo at Autobacs

Vextan

Just to share with bros, but tires at Autobacs, wheel alignment has 50% discount, plus free lifetime rotation and blancing and nitrogen top up and free tire puncture repair. Found out when I bought 4 pieces of Yoko ES501. I am not affiliated with them in anyway, just want to share a piece of good deal, but i took 20 min to find the place in Ubi. :wacko:

↡ Advertisement

Just to share with bros, but tires at Autobacs, wheel alignment has 50% discount, plus free lifetime rotation and blancing and nitrogen top up and free tire puncture repair. Found out when I bought 4 pieces of Yoko ES501. I am not affiliated with them in anyway, just want to share a piece of good deal, but i took 20 min to find the place in Ubi. :wacko:

all those for free because they rip you off first? haha..

How old was the rubber?? I heard before somewhere that some of these promotions by tire shops was to clear all the old tires, not sure is it true in this case.

Be aware car owners!!! If you are going to send yr car for servicing in autobac singapore. According to the marketing manager that the service n checking was done by the machine not by human. The problem we are facing now neither the fault from the human nor the machine, it was our luck for sending the car to their service. Even they are going to give u one time free service, is there anyone dare to go for this free service to allow them to cheat on you and earn more by changing the parts unnecessary???

Well, we have learnt a lesson and will never bring the car to service at autobac to be cheated by them as they are big organization and need to pay to the employees!!!

We sent our car first time at Autobacs for regular servicing on 8th July 2017, Saturday (Morning).

We waited for few hours and the car was ready about 3+, We paid for the fees of standard package for cooler and changed whatever recommended by the Mechanic, Andy. We spent $343.80 For the total services and parts changed and drove to Whampoa to visit my parents-in-law. That was appropriately a half hour drive.

After which, we wanted to head home at around 7.30pm. The car stalled and had to be towed to Autobacs Ubi. Please bear in mind that we still had to find our own means of transport to get home from Whampoa to Tampines and next day from home to Ubi for collection of car again.

The next morning, the mechanic called and denied that it was their fault. They claimed that the parts were old and we needed to pay MORE for the parts that were too old. They also claimed that the problem did not lie on the coolant, yet the reason for break-down was because it was overheated (according to them). Fine, we were wary but we still told them to go ahead. We can't do anything much anyway, since the car is with them.

Our car was in perfectly good condition before the servicing. We just brought it for regular checks to make sure everything is fine. However, after the check and change of part, IT BROKE DOWN.

That's not the best part, at 1.30pm, they called us again to inform that ANOTHER PART needs to be changed. Wow. It must be nice to have someone saying "Okay Okay" to everything they suggest right. They gave the same excuse, too old, needs to be changed, while giving a stuck-up attitude, as if we owe them. If we are not going to change the parts, they will put back the part and they won't bear any consequences, at the end, we spent another $348 for the parts which was caused by the overheating which the Mechanic, Andy did not check properly and rush to complete the work.

We went there as customers. Yet, we left feeling dignified and let-down at such poor service. We should have checked the feedbacks and reviews given by other customers on Facebook before actually heading to Autobacs.

After the incident, we went to check the reviews and found out that we're not the only ones that got "conned". Sure, you might argue that it's not explicit conning but constantly taking out money to fix the car AFTER the check felt terrible. Why didn't the Mechanic inform us at the first check? They only told us that our car had SO MANY PROBLEM after it broke down AFTER the check and put the blame on us for driving when the water is leaking?

Go ahead, send your car to Autobacs if you want to experience a rollercoaster of emotions. Go ahead, if you feeling rich and wants to be chop on the cutting board like cabbages. Go ahead, if you want to experience the 'BEST' service.

With that being said, that's the last time you'll be seeing us at Autobacs. Good riddance.

painful lesson, but it's a lesson learnt.

when u see those advertisements for Free ### checks, battery test, don't get attracted.

after all, the estb still need to pay for rent and workers' salary.

if everyone go for free check and everything's A-OK, who's going to pay for these running costs?! [smash]

like one person here has mentioned before, Autobacs has everything under one roof, good to window shop, look for products going for a steal, but if it's got to do with car svcing...u better go in with two eyes wide open (though for ur case, that's on hindsight)

Be aware car owners!!! If you are going to send yr car for servicing in autobac singapore. According to the marketing manager that the service n checking was done by the machine not by human. The problem we are facing now neither the fault from the human nor the machine, it was our luck for sending the car to their service. Even they are going to give u one time free service, is there anyone dare to go for this free service to allow them to cheat on you and earn more by changing the parts unnecessary???

Well, we have learnt a lesson and will never bring the car to service at autobac to be cheated by them as they are big organization and need to pay to the employees!!!

We sent our car first time at Autobacs for regular servicing on 8th July 2017, Saturday (Morning).

We waited for few hours and the car was ready about 3+, We paid for the fees of standard package for cooler and changed whatever recommended by the Mechanic, Andy. We spent $343.80 For the total services and parts changed and drove to Whampoa to visit my parents-in-law. That was appropriately a half hour drive.

After which, we wanted to head home at around 7.30pm. The car stalled and had to be towed to Autobacs Ubi. Please bear in mind that we still had to find our own means of transport to get home from Whampoa to Tampines and next day from home to Ubi for collection of car again.

The next morning, the mechanic called and denied that it was their fault. They claimed that the parts were old and we needed to pay MORE for the parts that were too old. They also claimed that the problem did not lie on the coolant, yet the reason for break-down was because it was overheated (according to them). Fine, we were wary but we still told them to go ahead. We can't do anything much anyway, since the car is with them.

Our car was in perfectly good condition before the servicing. We just brought it for regular checks to make sure everything is fine. However, after the check and change of part, IT BROKE DOWN.

That's not the best part, at 1.30pm, they called us again to inform that ANOTHER PART needs to be changed. Wow. It must be nice to have someone saying "Okay Okay" to everything they suggest right. They gave the same excuse, too old, needs to be changed, while giving a stuck-up attitude, as if we owe them. If we are not going to change the parts, they will put back the part and they won't bear any consequences, at the end, we spent another $348 for the parts which was caused by the overheating which the Mechanic, Andy did not check properly and rush to complete the work.

We went there as customers. Yet, we left feeling dignified and let-down at such poor service. We should have checked the feedbacks and reviews given by other customers on Facebook before actually heading to Autobacs.

After the incident, we went to check the reviews and found out that we're not the only ones that got "conned". Sure, you might argue that it's not explicit conning but constantly taking out money to fix the car AFTER the check felt terrible. Why didn't the Mechanic inform us at the first check? They only told us that our car had SO MANY PROBLEM after it broke down AFTER the check and put the blame on us for driving when the water is leaking?

Go ahead, send your car to Autobacs if you want to experience a rollercoaster of emotions. Go ahead, if you feeling rich and wants to be chop on the cutting board like cabbages. Go ahead, if you want to experience the 'BEST' service.

With that being said, that's the last time you'll be seeing us at Autobacs. Good riddance.

Supersonic

Autobacs is very good... for me to buy those $10 items. I have never even changed tyres there.

Yalor. Go there buy air freshener or wiper ok lah. But will never let them touch my car mechanically

Hypersonic

what car you driving?

What made you go autobacs for servicing in the first place?

:mellow:

Yalor. Go there buy air freshener or wiper ok lah. But will never let them touch my car mechanically

We went there not because of any promotion, mentally we thought since autobac is good reputation company, their service should be good and we are willing to pay whatever they recommended.  But now, they deny that it was not their problem as it was checked by machine and not the mechanic.  I am quite puzzled and annoy when the marketing manager took almost two weeks to come back to me and tell me this is all depend on my luck.  I found it is definitely not an favourable reply for not admitting their fault and still push the blame on my luck, which I cant accept it.  I am not even asking them to pay me or refund on whatever cost I have paid but do it with responsibilty.

what car you driving?

What made you go autobacs for servicing in the first place?

:mellow:

i am driving hyundai elantra, I left one and half year will need to buy new car, but bcos of this incident, we need to buy new car instead of waiting for another one year.  Now, after changing the coolen, our car consume more petrol than before, we also don know why and dare not go for a check although Autobac is giving me free service. I am probia of autobac now, never wan to step into the place.  I went there to shop for some parts and at the same time, saw they have servicing and so would like to try out on their service, but never know that it is a nite mare to me.

Hypersonic

We went there not because of any promotion, mentally we thought since autobac is good reputation company, their service should be good and we are willing to pay whatever they recommended.  

With this type of thinking, i would say buying a new car is the correct way to go

and please go back to the AD for servicing for the full 10 years

:D

• Praise 1

With this type of thinking, i would say buying a new car is the correct way to go

and please go back to the AD for servicing for the full 10 years

:D

AD servicing expensive leh.. Hehe.. [laugh]  also kenna chop carrot but the "legal" way.. hahaha... Only piece of mind is that they use original parts.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

We went there not because of any promotion, mentally we thought since autobac is good reputation company, their service should be good and we are willing to pay whatever they recommended.  But now, they deny that it was not their problem as it was checked by machine and not the mechanic.  I am quite puzzled and annoy when the marketing manager took almost two weeks to come back to me and tell me this is all depend on my luck.  I found it is definitely not an favourable reply for not admitting their fault and still push the blame on my luck, which I cant accept it.  I am not even asking them to pay me or refund on whatever cost I have paid but do it with responsibilty.

i am driving hyundai elantra, I left one and half year will need to buy new car, but bcos of this incident, we need to buy new car instead of waiting for another one year.  Now, after changing the coolen, our car consume more petrol than before, we also don know why and dare not go for a check although Autobac is giving me free service. I am probia of autobac now, never wan to step into the place.  I went there to shop for some parts and at the same time, saw they have servicing and so would like to try out on their service, but never know that it is a nite mare to me.

Elantra should be a simple car to change coolant. You said the engine stalled, But did you watched the overtemp alarm came up ? Or you continue driving and ignore the warning ?

Unless they change the coolant by removing the plug and did not put back properly (or didn't refill the coolant), then the coolant can leaked out and somewhere along the drive, the engine has no more coolant and overheat.

I do coolant change for i30 and Avante. Never have problem. [:p]

Edited by Kb27

What is the mileage now?

What was the mileage for the last coolant change.?

Hmm.... maybe I mountain tortoise - Autobacs must really have some very advanced machine which can check when the coolant needs to change. 

IMHO,  issues arising after coolant change depends on the condition of the car.  The car can have no issue on the outside but serious issue inside. 

This is the first time I heard about using machine to check n service car. Before I bring my car for servicing, everything was ok. before we could continue to drive the car, we already heard cracking sound n immediately turning to car park to check and there we found out that the water has dried out but the red light indication still not yet apprared. The marketing manager saying they used machine in autobac. After changing the coolen, we found out that we consume even more petrol, I told the marketing manager about the high consumption of the car petrol n she only said oh is it? Like tat ah??? When I told her that the mechanic is inexperienced n young but good in promoting to change parts. She also did not deny that indeed he is inexperienced. So now, it is obvious that she is covering up for autobac mechanic

Edited by MaggieTayBeeLeng

I believe this could be individual experience. Not sure about the quality of the mechanic who attended to u. But in this kind of situation, shoukd just escalate up to higher management or manager on duty.

Not all mechanics at autobacs are good or bad and it applies to every workshop and even AD. Surely there are bad experiences at AD too, some even worse.

Btw, i had been to autobacs bt batok and did some simple topup of an additive. Service was good and swift, it also solved my problem. Serviced by a great mechanic called Nic.

Edited by Qaz20

This is the first time I heard about using machine to check n service car. Before I bring my car for servicing, everything was ok. before we could continue to drive the car, we already heard cracking sound n immediately turning to car park to check and there we found out that the water has dried out but the red light indication still not yet apprared. The marketing manager saying they used machine in autobac. After changing the coolen, we found out that we consume even more petrol, I told the marketing manager about the high consumption of the car petrol n she only said oh is it? Like tat ah??? When I told her that the mechanic is inexperienced n young but good in promoting to change parts. She also did not deny that indeed he is inexperienced. So now, it is obvious that she is covering up for autobac mechanic

Maybe the old coolent was drained and either forgotten to filled or the hose not tightened, no coolent, overheat and other parts seized. After each proper servicing, the radiator seizure should be the least to be expected especially in few hours later.. usually when such things happen, it more likely Mechanic forgot to pour in something or screw tight something
↡ Advertisement