Using telco data plan on cracked iphone

Puteh83

2G or 3G iphone?

i think it is possible. just a data plan, nothing special. u can always borrow the sim card from a friend to try. :-)

3G card on 2G iphone.

You can use any sim card / tariff plan, but cannot sync your jail broken phone.

so meaning i can use it to load things from cracked applications?

your jailbroken phone was probably a telco blocked set...meaning the original settings only allows u to use it on that particular telco it was purchased from.

Once 'broken', you can use any telco's sim card in it. As for applications, it doesn't matter...though you'll have to see the version cause if you are holding to a old version (which you can't upgrade since you cannot sync). The application you're looking at may only work with certain versions.

Technically you can upgrade your iPhone version via iTunes, but once you do that, you'll have to jail break your phone once more...provided there is expertise to do so.

Oh one more thing....jail broken iPhones have no warranty...then again, I'm sure you're aware of that?

You can use any sim card / tariff plan, but cannot sync your jail broken phone.

can sync. i'm using a unlocked & jailbroken 2G with v3 firmware.

thinking of changing to our local 3G one though and save the hassle of jailbreaking & unlocking everytime i upgrade the firmware.

can sync but once you restore you iphone it will be back to default state.am using a jailbreak iphone surfing the local data plan,if you iphone got problem just restore to default state and go for the warranty

when using jailbreak phone, pls be mature and accept the responsibility and liability. dun blame whoever that jailbreak the phone for u and dun blame the telco or the manufacturer for not securing the phone or blame for poor design etc etc....when something goes wrong in jailbreak phone (i.e. data loss, breach of security) ppl tend to blame others rather than themselves....

Neutral Newbie

Pros: You get 3rd party applications.

Cons: You have a chance to get the well known virus, no warranty as they said, you have to jb your phone one more time after upgrading the iPhone's software.

↡ Advertisement