Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

last went up to KL, suppose to ask my cousin to meet at A&W but i mistaken it as Alor Gajah R&R, he was looking for it all the way till Seremban R&R [laugh] [laugh]

I think there are 2 Ayer Keroh R&R. One is the traditional kind and the other the bridge. Both same name, right? about 5km apart.

↡ Advertisement

Not touristy one i heard is Heng Chicken rice. alot of local went there. Is somewhere near Equatorial. I think Hoe Kee not really touristy cos Malaysia show "Ah Xian Hao Jie Shao" also got feature Hoe Kee.

Just don't go Famosa Chix rice cos i read everywhere that those who ate said not nice. You can google for review.

Me going malacca on 23 dec hopefully no jam.

Heng is nice. I like it.

I had that Chicken Rice since young. It is not as good as before. Maybe son is not as skillful as father.

I think there are 2 Ayer Keroh R&R. One is the traditional kind and the other the bridge. Both same name, right? about 5km apart.

yes there are two, the one with A&W is called 'Overhead Bridge Restaurant', sound atas [laugh]

Erm, i think SGP got more then enough world class chicken rice.

I rather newbies go try nicer stuffs they cant get here. :)

I think the cooking style is difference. By the way, a lot of steam chicken here are bloody & i hate it.

Bros

Any recommendations for stop-over for R/R + makan along the NSH on the way to Malacca? I'll be traveling daytime... any Macdonald or good restaurants along the highway whereby need not exit toll?

Dont need to stop over...cos by the time you reach pagoh...malacca is really close by liao...

Dont need to stop over...cos by the time you reach pagoh...malacca is really close by liao...

A lot of ppl are not used to driving more than 1 hrs continuosly.

Neutral Newbie

Erm, i think SGP got more then enough world class chicken rice.

I rather newbies go try nicer stuffs they cant get here. :)

So many people here say Spore chicken rice very nice.... can

someone recommend me one..... Not trying to be funny,

most of the chicken over here are frozen, how nice can it be?

Edited by MTRAC

Neutral Newbie

Bros

Any recommendations for stop-over for R/R + makan along the NSH on the way to Malacca? I'll be traveling daytime... any Macdonald or good restaurants along the highway whereby need not exit toll?

Going to Malacca, there is no mcdonald on NSHW. As alot of bros said, food sucks big time at rest area. Stop for toilet break and keep your stomach for better food in Malacca. Anyway, there is a mcdonald at Ayer keroh before entering Malacca town.

So many people here say Spore chicken rice very nice.... can

someone recommend me one..... Not trying to be funny,

most of the chicken over here are frozen, how nice can it be?

I personally like boon tong kee at boon keng.

Not all the franchise the same.

Katong one also not bad.

Must try their chili too.

Supercharged

I personally like boon tong kee at boon keng.

Not all the franchise the same.

Katong one also not bad.

Must try their chili too.

Loy Kee also not bad, in Balestiar. Its just opposite Boon Tiong Kee.

There's another one at Upper Thomson Road, those old shophouse there, nearby Thomson Plaza. I can't remember its name, but its been there many years liao.

There are several shopping mall in malacca. if you are talking about pahlawan shopping mall. they have a parking area. But for me, I normally park at Equatorial hotel that is next to it. Not sure if parking fee has changed. It used to be per entry... RM5 for weekdays and rm10 for weekend. They have security which i feel safer. makota parade shopping complex is opposite. From here, cannot walk to Jonker , its around 2 to 3 km away.

At Jonker, you can park that the road side. you need to tear coupon. As i mentioned before, i know a couple of people got their HU ripped off parking on the side roads ard Jonker Street. Since then, I park at

those parking area that have people guarding them. Price if unchanged should RM5 per entry,

Jusco is at the outskirt. You got no choice but to park at the very big car park surrouding the complex.

Sorry pal, from equatorial hotel, u can walk to jonker. Find the gate entry where ppl park cars at both sides. Walk abt 15 min or so, u reach farmosa fort and red church. Cross road n u reach jonker

Will we Singaporeans never learn.

Big queue doesn't mean great food.

Just walk further down, they have another branch, no queue. But try their fishball. Chicky rice ball overhyped...riceball tOo much msg. Lao pei cooked better... :(

Malaysia and Malacca has a lot of good food, many of which better than the Singapore version, except chicken rice. The best chicken rice is still made in Singapore.. by far...

In Malacca I'd recommend the Peranakan food. Also in Jonker there's the Jonker 88 food museum. Great Chendol and Assam Laksa.

There is a teochew restaurant in one of the the tiny alleys off Jonker.

Need to reserve in advance as there are approximately 10 tables and the owner's idea of ordering food is actually a briefing by him on what you will be eating. Getting him to let you eat what you want is insanely hard so it is best to have a big table so he will "allow" you to eat the big ticket dishes like the suckling pig.

Damn attitude right?

But personally, it is the best food I have tasted in Malacca.

There is a teochew restaurant in one of the the tiny alleys off Jonker.

Need to reserve in advance as there are approximately 10 tables and the owner's idea of ordering food is actually a briefing by him on what you will be eating. Getting him to let you eat what you want is insanely hard so it is best to have a big table so he will "allow" you to eat the big ticket dishes like the suckling pig.

Damn attitude right?

But personally, it is the best food I have tasted in Malacca.

Fried Oyster Noodles with vingar + garlic + their home blend chilli. :wub:

Cannot stop eating. And the Orh Nee [angel]

Malaysia and Malacca has a lot of good food, many of which better than the Singapore version, except chicken rice. The best chicken rice is still made in Singapore.. by far...

In Malacca I'd recommend the Peranakan food. Also in Jonker there's the Jonker 88 food museum. Great Chendol and Assam Laksa.

J88 started off & become overhype. There are better food Jonker/Heeren St area. U need to explore it.