Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

Twincharged

Like Nee Soon becomes Yishun ? [laugh] 

Oh ya.  You never say I totally forget.  Last time got Nee Soon.

Thanks to a friend who shared the location of this satay shop, I had an enjoyable lunch before driving back.

Located among a row of shops along Jln Portugis, Xiang Ji's satay sauce was thicker, sticks were meatier. The warm, freshly grilled fish otah was spicy & firm.

I had mix of 20 pork & intestines satay, 5 otahs plus rice....so shiok arh! Fat die me liao

post-109106-0-64592200-1502961374_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 7

Thanks to a friend who shared the location of this satay shop, I had an enjoyable lunch before driving back.

Located among a row of shops along Jln Portugis, Xiang Ji's satay sauce was thicker, sticks were meatier. The warm, freshly grilled fish otah was spicy & firm.

I had mix of 20 pork & intestines satay, 5 otahs plus rice....so shiok arh! Fat die me liao

No, it's just between Jonker St & Hallmark Leisure Hotel.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Thanks, that area is very crowded on weekends. I usually avoid going there.

There is a coffee shop around kampung lapan selling very nice chicken wings, grilled style. The same coffee shop also sell wanton noodles and fried oyster. Not bad. 

Thanks, that area is very crowded on weekends. I usually avoid going there.

There is a coffee shop around kampung lapan selling very nice chicken wings, grilled style. The same coffee shop also sell wanton noodles and fried oyster. Not bad.

Drive via Jln Kubu, Turn Right", pass Hallmark hotel into Jln Portugis & park at one of the privately manned carparks & short walk to the night market.

This way, u can avoid the jams along Jonker St.

• Praise 1

Drive via Jln Kubu, Turn Right", pass Hallmark hotel into Jln Portugis & park at one of the privately manned carparks & short walk to the night market.

This way, u can avoid the jams along Jonker St.

Noted, thanks.

Hi gurus, I am thinking of driving up but stop midway between Sg and Malacca. Maybe even stay the night.

Any interesting place to recommend?

My mum ask me to briblng her to Batu Pahat.

Hi gurus, I am thinking of driving up but stop midway between Sg and Malacca. Maybe even stay the night.

Honestly nothing much in Batu Pahat.... not worth to waste money to stay overnight.... if you really want, may refer to the following to get ideas.... I will rather spend more time in Melaka........ If you like dogs, you may like to go to Huskey Cafe in Melaka..... worth a visit..... if you want to make it interesting.... IMO..... Go straight to Melaka.... on the way back..... leave early.... pop by Batu Pahat and MUAR.... so that you can buy otak or other food back........ Have a good trip......

Honestly nothing much in Batu Pahat.... not worth to waste money to stay overnight.... if you really want, may refer to the following to get ideas.... I will rather spend more time in Melaka........ If you like dogs, you may like to go to Huskey Cafe in Melaka..... worth a visit..... if you want to make it interesting.... IMO..... Go straight to Melaka.... on the way back..... leave early.... pop by Batu Pahat and MUAR.... so that you can buy otak or other food back........ Have a good trip......

can't put the weblink here...

w w w mycarforum.com/topic/2697830-malaysia-batu-pahat-anything-to-do/?hl=%2Bbatu+%2Bpahat

• Praise 3

Melaka is only 2.5 to 3 hrs drive from Singapore.  No need stop over for a nite.  Maybe stop over for toilet break or quick breakfast.

I think Kluang may be more interesting than Batu Pahat, there's a UK farm (can stay overnite) and Zenxin organic farm in Kluang.   Can try these in Kluang town:  Kluang Railway coffee/Nasi Lemak (although I tried, I find not nice wahhahaah), beef noodles, dimsum and etc.

Melaka is only 2.5 to 3 hrs drive from Singapore. 

When I see this I always wonder if the timing is say Orchard Rd to say Jonkers St.

All inclusive of crossing the Causeway or at Tuas.

And is it at 3am ish.

Please clarify.

• Praise 1

I did my trip in slightly below 3 hours. 3 hours is from after crossing Malaysia side of Tuas checkpoint at 1pm on a Friday afternoon with a stop at Yong Peng for lunch.

• Praise 1

When I see this I always wonder if the timing is say Orchard Rd to say Jonkers St.

All inclusive of crossing the Causeway or at Tuas.

And is it at 3am ish.

Please clarify.

Usually when ppl quote the timing, it does not include causeway crossing. Because causeway timing varies. It is just the driving from causeway to the destination.

• Praise 4