Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

one small tip for all bros on STARHUB line...before u go up north subscribe to data travel...pay $15 for 2GB of data roaming so can use your 4g/3g  whatever it is for internet gps etc etc..i suppose m1 singtel also got...but me starhub supporter..

http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-phones-plans/value-added-services/roaming/postpaid-roaming/data-plans/datatravel.html

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

For the first time in my countless trips to Malacca that it took me >3 hours from JB to Malacca. Imagine the traffic on most part of NSHW is almost the same as morning traffic on AYE / ECP... Faint

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 11

For the first time in my countless trips to Malacca that it took me >3 hours from JB to Malacca. Imagine the traffic on most part of NSHW is almost the same as morning traffic on AYE / ECP... Faint

bro a few trips back i kena a NIGHTMARE after second link connects to NS highway on way up to melaka...MAJOR MAJOR traffic jam...trailer overturned and block 2 lanes...MY GOD at 11am to 12noon UNDER blazing hot sun at a STANDSTill almost 2 hrs to clear a few kms..ha ha

• Praise 2

one small tip for all bros on STARHUB line...before u go up north subscribe to data travel...pay $15 for 2GB of data roaming so can use your 4g/3g whatever it is for internet gps etc etc..i suppose m1 singtel also got...but me starhub supporter..

http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-phones-plans/value-added-services/roaming/postpaid-roaming/data-plans/datatravel.html

Really worth and it activated for a month so sometimes i go johor again within a mth still have data or go other countries too

Expected. Moments like xmas, cny and hari raya, better dont drive up north. The jam is no joke. Better take flight

what was your average speed bro? 110km/h should be about 3 hours?

tot u said going next Monday?

heng ah........i went few days earlier.

Otw back today i see opposite side on NSHW many cars.

At some areas quite slow moving.

I go JB for 2 nites first.

FYI I left the house at 6.40am. Reached Tesco Terbau at 12.05pm! Total jam approx 5 hrs +.

• Praise 3

that’s the time everyone wants to drive up north ... hehe

Moments like xmas, cny and hari raya, better dont drive up north. The jam is no joke. Better take flight

you should left at 4.20am ... hehe

at every long weekend and school holidays ... 3-5 hrs jam is NORMAL ...

I go JB for 2 nites first.

FYI I left the house at 6.40am. Reached Tesco Terbau at 12.05pm! Total jam approx 5 hrs +.

• Praise 2

that’s the time everyone wants to drive up north ... hehe

you should left at 4.20am ... hehe

at every long weekend and school holidays ... 3-5 hrs jam is NORMAL ...

its no longer fun when its jam.

i only enjoy goes up north when its smooth. otherwise its a waste of time getting stuck in a jam esp hot day cannot tahan. 

• Praise 3

its no longer fun when its jam.

i only enjoy goes up north when its smooth. otherwise its a waste of time getting stuck in a jam esp hot day cannot tahan.

Not to mention that the frustration and stress worrying about cars cutting lanes at custom. Especially at the Malaysia side. They could have done a better job to prevent such occurrences. The basic lane marking is rubbish. There is literally no lane marking to begin with. Edited by Extremme
  • Praise 4

Hi bros, will the jam at custom start from tommorow 29th dec or sat 30th dec to Malaysia. Thank you

No one can predict bro... Try leaving at 3am-4am tomorrow. You might stand a chance
  • Praise 2

Hi bros, will the jam at custom start from tommorow 29th dec or sat 30th dec to Malaysia. Thank you

Download "Beat the Jam".

There is forecast of traffic.

• Praise 2

Go 3-4am reach melaka just nice for breakfast

Take it slow and yes just in time. Best of all, you beat the morning traffic if you reach that early

Download "Beat the Jam".

There is forecast of traffic.

That is forecast. Most of the time it will state via 2nd link between 5-6am, its "green". First time I tried, bingo its accurate but 2nd time I tried at the same timing, the actual situation was Amber to Red. It's not even those long weekend situation. But yeah, that's by far the best in the market now. Edited by Extremme

Weekdays before 7 usually take less than 30 mins to cross both ciq.

Weekends like Saturdays, 7 am will need an hour and half at least

( past experiences )

• Praise 1

Nobody knows..... I was caught in the jam for 5hrs last Saturday.

My friends went 1 and 2 saturdays ahead of me both were caught in 3hrs jam.

Just try to leave early.

My friend took coach departed at 12pm, reached KL at midnite last Saturday!

• Praise 2

Nobody knows..... I was caught in the jam for 5hrs last Saturday.

My friends went 1 and 2 saturdays ahead of me both were caught in 3hrs jam.

Just try to leave early.

My friend took coach departed at 12pm, reached KL at midnite last Saturday! ð

Enjoy your trip!

heng I flew to KL and reached hotel in less 2 hours :D
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1