Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

Is the doubletree hilton at Hatton also dangerous to cross road? I see it is also near the sea side where the main road syed Abdul Ariz road. 

Anyone stay there yet? I'm looking for a hotel with private carpark that is easy to get to with minimum jam.

15 hours ago, Friedpiggy said:

Is the doubletree hilton at Hatton also dangerous to cross road? I see it is also near the sea side where the main road syed Abdul Ariz road. 

Anyone stay there yet? I'm looking for a hotel with private carpark that is easy to get to with minimum jam.

My family and I stayed at doubletree hilton last Dec. The hotel is very new and rooms are spacious and well layouted. But the breakfast is not very sumptuous. Mostly are malay and local delights. Not much international selection like cheese, ham, etc. 

The car was parked at the lot reserved to doubletree, which was at the 5th floor (same building) if I recalled correctly.

There's a shopping mall with cinema in the same building. So you have place to stroll if you don't want to walk outside.

I didn't drive to those tourist attraction like junker's street, since I was worried about traffic and car theft. I used grab mostly. I think it's around 10RM to junker's street from doubletree to get a 7 seater. 

• Praise 2

I was there last Dec. It's not too bad then. many shops open. And the hotel was quite crowded as well during breakfast. Not sure now. 

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, Sarapo said:

My family and I stayed at doubletree hilton last Dec. The hotel is very new and rooms are spacious and well layouted. But the breakfast is not very sumptuous. Mostly are malay and local delights. Not much international selection like cheese, ham, etc. 

The car was parked at the lot reserved to doubletree, which was at the 5th floor (same building) if I recalled correctly.

There's a shopping mall with cinema in the same building. So you have place to stroll if you don't want to walk outside.

I didn't drive to those tourist attraction like junker's street, since I was worried about traffic and car theft. I used grab mostly. I think it's around 10RM to junker's street from doubletree to get a 7 seater. 

Is the road to doubletree always jammed? I will take grab mostly too. 

I am contemplating staying at hatten hotel, novotel or doubletree. Main consideration is whether the traffic outside the hotel is smooth or not even though I'm just going to drive there and park a few days and drive off i dont wish to be stuck.

I saw a video on someone's blog that show the road to pahlawan mall at night is so jam it is not moving...

10 minutes ago, Friedpiggy said:

I am contemplating staying at hatten hotel, novotel or doubletree. Main consideration is whether the traffic outside the hotel is smooth or not even though I'm just going to drive there and park a few days and drive off i dont wish to be stuck.

I saw a video on someone's blog that show the road to pahlawan mall at night is so jam it is not moving...

Good luck if you are going over the weekend.

Confirm jam 1 at night.

1 minute ago, Davidtch said:

Good luck if you are going over the weekend.

Confirm jam 1 at night.

Wah...Ok, good point to note, need to walk at night. I have to plan my arrival and departure in the morning.

Do you know which hotel of the 3 that I mention has a smoother traffic in the morning? 

16 minutes ago, Friedpiggy said:

Wah...Ok, good point to note, need to walk at night. I have to plan my arrival and departure in the morning.

Do you know which hotel of the 3 that I mention has a smoother traffic in the morning? 

Same same as long as you are in Melaka Raya area.

1 hour ago, Friedpiggy said:

roads around doubletree are not jammed lah

quite far from pahlawan mall area

😬😅

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Friedpiggy said:

Ok thanks guys... I will book double tree then.

I find the rooms large... comfy. But the mall beside it is horror. Ghost town sia. Escalators also stopped in mall. Coz level 2 and above no more shops open.

16 minutes ago, Spurman said:

I find the rooms large... comfy. But the mall beside it is horror. Ghost town sia. Escalators also stopped in mall. Coz level 2 and above no more shops open.

When was that? Recent?

10 hours ago, Friedpiggy said:

When was that? Recent?

Last mth. Teacher day's weekend.

Tml going again. Children day. Hehe

Doubletree again. I like the rooms. Big. 

19 hours ago, Friedpiggy said:

I arrived around 3 at the weekend afternoon. the road was not jammed. But it took me a while to find the the parking entrance. it's at the back of the building. You may ask the staff near the dropoff point for direction. 

↡ Advertisement