Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I have planned for a one day drive up to Malacca in Dec'09.
Any tips? Like good food or safe carpark to park my ride.
I 'am thinking of parking it at hotel.
Your contribution will be much appreciated

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Parking at malacca is generally quite safe. I always park at road side at Jonker St (day time), Dataran Pahlawan and parking lots behind Red Building and the big parking lots at A-Formosa.

Turbocharged

Assuming that we are setting off from Tuas 2nd link, what would be the total toll charges for the whole trip to Malacca?

Would the return trip toll charges be the same?

(edited)

its more or less the same. I cant remember but I think 80rm per trip should be more than enuff.

Edited by Enzomatrix

Hi, sori to dig out this old thread..

am planning a family trip to malacca on this early Jul..

Any budget hotel (yet quite near to the nite mrkt - jonker st) with safe parking space (for abt 4-cars) to recommend?

I heard fenix inn is not bad and not exp too. But its near to afamosa but quite far frm the nite mrkt..

Thks..

Neutral Newbie

Any budget hotel (yet quite near to the nite mrkt - jonker st) with safe parking space (for abt 4-cars) to recommend?

I heard fenix inn is not bad and not exp too. But its near to afamosa but quite far frm the nite mrkt..

Thks..

Puri hotel is the nearest but not so budget. I think the next nearest is Hallmark hotel (Budget hotel), have good guests review too. Parking is just in front of hotel and beside. Planning go malacca at next weekend, stayed hallmark b4 and would like try other budget hotel.

(edited)

Puri hotel is the nearest but not so budget. I think the next nearest is Hallmark hotel (Budget hotel), have good guests review too. Parking is just in front of hotel and beside. Planning go malacca at next weekend, stayed hallmark b4 and would like try other budget hotel.

Thanks.. Do share on your trip when u r back

Enjoy ur trip bro!

Edited by Acevin

Thks..

fenix is not bad, across the road is shopping mall and cineplex. small carpark with very friendly valet parking (free) and very secure as they usually chained up the carpark after they park. one advice though, dont get those rooms without windows as they can be quite claustrophobic.

if stay at hallmark, must try the tim sum at the end of the building next to the hotel - yummy & very cheap! available morning and late morning only. the zi zhar (nite only) along the same building also not bad and reasonably priced - enjoy. the parking at hotel may be a little tight now becos of increased guests. hotel within walking distance to Tong Hup (wholesaler).

fenix is not bad, across the road is shopping mall and cineplex. small carpark with very friendly valet parking (free) and very secure as they usually chained up the carpark after they park. one advice though, dont get those rooms without windows as they can be quite claustrophobic.

Thks.. In fact shortlisted fenix & hallmark... will decide which one..

I b gg with 4 cars, so but hope their carpark can accomodate..

Neutral Newbie

Try holiday inn I saw on booking.com is about $96 per night or if not you may want to try courtyard@hereen which is at jonker street. I am also planning to drive to malacca on national day as it is going to be a long weekend. [cool]

Hypersonic

if stay at hallmark, must try the tim sum at the end of the building next to the hotel - yummy & very cheap! available morning and late morning only. the zi zhar (nite only) along the same building also not bad and reasonably priced - enjoy. the parking at hotel may be a little tight now becos of increased guests. hotel within walking distance to Tong Hup (wholesaler).

Can check with you what is available in Tong Hup? and where it is near? Jonker walk?

Thank you

Drive carefully brothers

Remember all the basic rule

- Don't speed

- Give way

- Be humble

- stay away from trouble.

Have a nice trip !

Neutral Newbie

Can check with you what is available in Tong Hup? and where it is near? Jonker walk?

Thank you

Tong Hup is just 1 street behind Hallmark Hotel.

(edited)

Thks..

Baba Hotel along Jonker's Street not bad if you like old colonial feeling........ [drivingcar]

Edited by Picnic06

Thank you

Tong Hup sells all sorts of stationery in bulk (like by the dozen) from color pencils, glue, whiteout, to drawing boards, envelopes, paper rims, etc for office as well as school use. they also carry shampoo, facial products, for cleaning your face to detergent for cleaning kitchen wall. underwear, coveralls, school uniforms, shoes, sandals, umbrellas, all kinds of kitchen wares like cutlery, utensils, crockery and plates. even guitars and toys, groceries. worth a visit and buying due to our favorable exchange rate. as mentioned by AOOI, its the street behind Hallmark - can walk there. they close early though, around 6pm.

Turbocharged

In the event if car breakdowns along NSHW on the trip to/from Melaka-Singapore, do you folks have any workshops to recommend?

Tong Hup is just 1 street behind Hallmark Hotel.

OK, will check out where is Hallmark hotel and check out this tong hup for bargain..Thank you

↡ Advertisement