Malaysia: Drive up to Malacca

Qqman

Yes they are known to chop carrot.

If walk in sure kana big big.

Online cheaper but still around 350-450 RM for a standard room

how about if we email to the hotel direct and ask for quotation. I saw this equatorial hotel has a promotion whereby they will give you 88rm per night for food. and this money can be refunded if not used.

:o you memorised all this or you copy and paste?

i am from malacca and i can't memorise such detail!!

Edited by Jman888

THe Chicken Rice you had is most prob the fake one...

For those who want to go Equatorial is good location wise...

hi,

u mean there is a few Farmosa chicken rice ball?? i went to the one a Jonker walk and it seems losta ppl eating there.... :)

Btw for Seri Costa .. the rate is rm330 for a family of 4 which consist of 1 king size bed and 2 single beds...

btw in future i will go for family of 3 cos the single bed is also big enough for my 2 kids hehehe...

i was telling the guy at the recept that there are losta bad reviews on them and he also knows abt it.. but afterall to me is what do you expect from a 3 stars hotel..

Holiday Inn is another good choice as this is a full fledge hotel with swimming pools , lounge etc....

but my wife insist that i book other hotels as my boy saw something 2 yrs back....

in the middle of the night the tv on by itself and we tot what happened and the next day my boy ask us why there is a auntie in the room in the middle of the night :(

as i was checking out i ask the bartender and he kinda agreed of what my boy saw cos a lot of worker working at the jetty in front of the hotel have come across this Auntie..... and he even tell me that big boss from SG have invited a monk to do prayers on that night itself... i was huh WTF?? maybe the auntie no where to hide and hide inside our room hahhahaha

cheers

Edited by Chelsea126

farmosa is a chain operations, the chicken rice is the worst..... anyway most chicken rice stores in malacca is so-so only <_< why travel all the way there to eat where you can get better ones in singapore....

Edited by Jman888

:o you memorised all this or you copy and paste?

i am from malacca and i can't memorise such detail!!

I go malacca & KL quite often for Biz & leisure. So its impt to know where to stop for food as I need to eat quite frequently. ^_^

Anyway, it takes the mundane off the drive and I kindof know how far I still need to go. For the details, I referred to a map of the NSH. [blush]

farmosa is a chain operations, the chicken rice is the worst..... anyway most chicken rice stores in malacca is so-so only <_< why travel all the way there to eat where you can get better ones in singapore....

You know of that Teochew Restaurant called ermm....Teo Soon Loong or smthg liddat near Jonker? Thats the one I won't miss if I am in Melaka. Agree that Formosa sucks. The corner one after the bridge is nicer but damm packed nowadays. <_<

I prefer wilson or winson (don't know which is the correct name) chicken rice. Agreed that the chicken rice is so-so in melaka, but not the char siew rice.. I know 1 where the queue starts to form even before the shop is open!

You know of that Teochew Restaurant called ermm....Teo Soon Loong or smthg liddat near Jonker? Thats the one I won't miss if I am in Melaka. Agree that Formosa sucks. The corner one after the bridge is nicer but damm packed nowadays. <_<

You mean that very run down shop that sell teochew porride? Yah for chicken rice, they claim the one after the bridge is the best.

in more than 10 year back, all these shops were humbly serving the locals, now with the flood of the tourist, i hardly get to eat them! [:(]

Hi bros ....

Thanks for all the tips , i am back from malacca.....I cheong all the way , no stop over at all

Just some hicups :

While leaving woodlands at 6am , the officer checked my fuel tank , i was below 3/4 and slightly above 1/2, but he smile and let me go , so please dun play play ....

I kenna parking fine when I left to check out the peranakan restaurant open or not , came back 2 mins , kenna fine liao , can ignore right ?

And a stupid male driver , while i was stopped at the traffic lights in malacca, his car drove past and knocked to my side mirror , i dun dare to go down la , just some scratches ....

My next driving trip will be KL , hopefully i can handle the complicated traffics there ....

Once again , thanks for all those who provide advise ! appreciate a lot!

haha i didn't pay for mine. 30 rm fine. i rmb. but when i went there the seocnd time i bought coupons. their coupon design is so so so so much better than singapore. just scratch like lucky draw. won even litter the place!

after taking a look at the prices that HomeTeam , too costly :angry:

I think those prices are meant for non-seasoned drivers and for someone who wanted an assumingly "safer" trip. Anyway, car-trip holidays have never been cheap.

Regards,

Unless yo travel by the old trunk road, the highway leading to malacca is the NS HW.

If you are travelling by 2nd link, followed by short E3 highway, is the NSHW.

↡ Advertisement